DieHard23 is offline Registered User

Positives...and what I'm tired of seeing

Positives:

- For not having much in the way of production so far, Chris Long is definitely a player. You see maximum effort on every play.
    - Nice to see Carriker show up early on.
    - If there was any doubt about whether Ron Bartell needs to be in the starting line-up, it should be gone after today. He seemed to be the only corner that was not routinely roasted by WR's whose names don't seem to come to mind... yeah, still can't name any.
    - Donnie Avery, finally.
    - All things considered, the O-Line did a great job today. Opened up running lanes, even though SJ skipped around and refused to run through them most of the day (which the announcers routinely pointed out). Bulger had all day to throw, but still couldn't hit open receivers or even keep the ball in the field of play when he did throw. I can't even recall any procedural penalties (correct me if i'm wrong).
    - Gary Stills was a great pickup!

What I'm tired of seeing:

- Steven Jackson on the sideline EVERY 3rd down. Why is our #1 playmaker on the sideline when a play needs to be made? I was almost embarrased for him when the announcer pointed out how winded he was after the 50 yard catch-and-run.
    - Tye Hill. Can Jon Wade really be that bad? What about R. Manning Jr?
    - Dante Hall, on offense, on ST, in general.
    - The D-line getting blown off the ball on running plays. All off-season the coaching staff talked about how much Victor Adeyanju improved as a run-stopper and he's NEVER on the field. Maybe a few plays a game?
    - The defense not being able to execute basic football skills. tackling, covering, getting off blocks.
    - Cliff Ryan... on the sideline.
    - Jim Haslett... on the sideline.
    - Scott Linehan... on the sideline.
    - The Rams not only 0-whatever, but at the bottom of every statistical category in the league.

There's so much more, but i have to work in the morning. Please feel free to add to either category. I always look forward to reading this board for all the different opinions. And as always and forever, Go Rams!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Positives...and what I'm tired of seeing

A big money player Leonard Little standing in street clothes taking a check.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    A big money player Leonard Little standing in street clothes taking a check.
    because he is injured...

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard23 View Post
    What I'm tired of seeing:

- Steven Jackson on the sideline EVERY 3rd down. Why is our #1 playmaker on the sideline when a play needs to be made? I was almost embarrased for him when the announcer pointed out how winded he was after the 50 yard catch-and-run.
    Me too. Unfortunately, SJ's hold out has him in the predicament he's in. Had he been in camp as he should have been, he would never have been run down by the defender on that catch and run on the sideline. He clearly ran out of gas. And he wouldn't be seen on the sideline bent over trying to catch his breath.

flying t-bird is offline Registered User

im tired of seeing the rams get blown out. they could at least make a decent game out of it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Positives:

- For not having much in the way of production so far, Chris Long is definitely a player. You see maximum effort on every play.
    - Nice to see Carriker show up early on.
    If this defense has a strength, it's the young defensive linemen, and the hope that they will build on what they've done so far.

- If there was any doubt about whether Ron Bartell needs to be in the starting line-up, it should be gone after today. He seemed to be the only corner that was not routinely roasted by WR's whose names don't seem to come to mind... yeah, still can't name any.
    Bumpus! I distinctly remember seeing that name on a receiver's jersey as he was burning one of our corners. I remember the name because I was fairly certain there was no receiver named Bumpus in the league. The Seahawks proved today that you can literally sign a bunch of guys off the street, slap their names on the back of some jerseys, and they'll still torch our secondary.

- All things considered, the O-Line did a great job today. Opened up running lanes, even though SJ skipped around and refused to run through them most of the day (which the announcers routinely pointed out). Bulger had all day to throw, but still couldn't hit open receivers or even keep the ball in the field of play when he did throw. I can't even recall any procedural penalties (correct me if i'm wrong).
    False Start on...(can you guess?) Alex Barron! Who I believe the announcers said has more false starts than any other active player over the last five years. Personally, I didn't feel that the o-line was giving Jackson much room to run. His best stuff in this game seemed to be when we got the ball to him in space. Running between the tackles wasn't getting us much. They were better in pass protection, though.

- The D-line getting blown off the ball on running plays. All off-season the coaching staff talked about how much Victor Adeyanju improved as a run-stopper and he's NEVER on the field. Maybe a few plays a game?
    He was good for 3 tackles and an assisted tackle today. He must be getting on the field some. Carriker and Long were also tied for second in tackles in that game with 6 a piece.

- The defense not being able to execute basic football skills. tackling, covering, getting off blocks.
    Agreed. The number of broken tackles in these games is inexcusable, and sometimes I wonder if the corners even know what exactly a person is supposed to do in coverage.