Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER

Thread: Possibility of Fisher going to Oakland?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Possibility of Fisher going to Oakland?

This is all hypothetical, but i could see it happeneing if the Raidors show interest in him.

Just wanted to know what your opinions we're on the chances of this happening now that the HC job is open.

He's a native of Southern California. Played for USC. From 91-93 worked for the Rams and ***** in California.

Raiders have a great running game with Mcfadden and Bush. A veteran QB. yatta yatta.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Possibility of Fisher going to Oakland?

...and the most dfysfunctional organization in the NFL, even with Al Davis no longer pulling the strings. I don't think any established coaches will wade into that mess.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Winston Moss will be the next coach of the Raiders, I'm almost 95 percent sure of that.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I'd see more of a possibility of Indy. I could see Caldwell being canned this week, with them looking to hire Grigson today as GM

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The makeup of the current Raiders team fits Fishers MO for sure, but working for the most disfunctional organization in sports (even worse than the Rams under Georgia and Shaw) would be a gamble I don't think Fisher would take. The California thing is interesting, and something that would probably figure on the positive side of the equation for Fish. As Clayton said last night when asked about the media's report about Fisher being worried about the Rams moving to California, and that being a "sticking point" Clayton said that scenario would be a positive and not a negative for Fisher to take the job. I agree.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    The makeup of the current Raiders team fits Fishers MO for sure, but working for the most disfunctional organization in sports (even worse than the Rams under Georgia and Shaw) would be a gamble I don't think Fisher would take. The California thing is interesting, and something that would probably figure on the positive side of the equation for Fish. As Clayton said last night when asked about the media's report about Fisher being worried about the Rams moving to California, and that being a "sticking point" Clayton said that scenario would be a positive and not a negative for Fisher to take the job. I agree.
    You know, it's funny you say that about it potentially being a positive because I actually thought the same thing myself, knowing Fisher is from So. Cal. Nonetheless, I really don't know how to take this because Fisher couldn't possibly expect to receive assurances either way. If the lease expires and the city is willing and/or able to pony up the money for stadium improvements to comply with the "top 25% in the league" criteria, Kroenke indicates he's committed to St. Louis. However, if things don't go as planned after the lease expires, Kroenke is a businessman first- and a businessman will look elsewhere to make his investment more profitable (i.e. Los Angeles). I can understand a prospective coach wanting to ensure he's not walking into an unstable situation, but there is no crystal ball. Situations change.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You know, it's funny you say that about it potentially being a positive because I actually thought the same thing myself, knowing Fisher is from So. Cal. Nonetheless, I really don't know how to take this because Fisher couldn't possibly expect to receive assurances either way. If the lease expires and the city is willing and/or able to pony up the money for stadium improvements to comply with the "top 25% in the league" criteria, Kroenke indicates he's committed to St. Louis. However, if things don't go as planned after the lease expires, Kroenke is a businessman first- and a businessman will look elsewhere to make his investment more profitable (i.e. Los Angeles). I can understand a prospective coach wanting to ensure he's not walking into an unstable situation, but there is no crystal ball. Situations change.
    Also, if Fisher is worried about a move to LA with the Rams, the Raiders are a more likely team to move to LA according to the latest news so the "concern" would be even greater with the Raiders.

Today, the new Raiders GM said that they are going to get a new stadium. One way or another. They are looking at sharing the new Whiners stadium, building a new one in Oakland or moving back to LA.

...news I did not want to hear.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I can see him in Oakland. Literally.

Pedophile/creeper hairdo with the arrogant attitude. Fits right in with Oakland's fan crowd.