RamTime Guest

It is possible that I have uncovered the "Biggest Enemy of the Truth"

If I could crawl through the phone line I'd grab this poor excuse of a human being by his tie and head butt him until he admitted that all he is capable of writing is tabloid bile.

I give you Ralph Wiley. (Currently sleazing around at espn.com)

{BEGIN}
    Kurt Warner was awful before breaking his pinkie, so how good will he be upon his return?
    Kurt Warner
    So what if his passing rating is a lifetime 107.0, or whatever? Who even knows what that means? I follow the NFL, know the history of it, have studied it loosely, and I don't know what it means. If it means the likes of Warner, his current nemesis Marc Bulger and Jim Zorn are among the 10 best quarterbacks ever to play, then maybe the NFL quarterback rating is the real Fraud here.

There's plenty of fraud left for Warner. The purist would point out Warner amassed big stats by being the happy beneficiary of a 1970s secret experiment of having pronghorn antelope, impala and bighorn sheep recombinant DNA injected into the ovum of the mothers of men named Holt, Bruce, Hakim, Proehl, Faulk and Canidate. Once assembled in St. Louis, they ran crazy, Martzian pass routes, catching Warner's passes, then using them like relay batons, staging a track meet in always perfect conditions on an artificial surface Jesse Owens would've run an 8.3 on. Under those terms, my grandmother would have a rating of 100.3, and she's dead. Warner's "rating" is the best of all time. Bulger's rating of 106.7 is second-best all time, yet he's only played five games.

Fact or Fraud?

A purist would point out that of the three biggest games of Warner's career, he won the first two, including an 11-6 squeaker over Tampa Bay in the 2000 NFC Championship Game. Eleven whole points, on that fast track, with that menagerie! Purists in Tampa point out Proehl bailed out Warner with a great end zone catch. (Tampa purists wonder if it was a catch at all, and say if it was a catch, then it surely was a catch Bert Emanuel made when they were driving for the winning TD a few minutes later; and yet Shaun King is nobody's Legend. Except at Tulane, where they still think highly of him, for some reason.)

In that year's Super Bowl against Tennessee, the Volunteer State purists say the Rams only won the game when Warner heaved up a prayer with less than two minutes left that the impalalike Bruce waited on for days to come down, then cut back underneath coverage, then cut back around a dazed safety Anthony Dorsett to complete the play. Warner got MVP for that?

But then, of course, Steve McNair wasn't as fortunate, and the Titans came up a yard short. This gave Dick Vermeil a Super Bowl ring after 20 years of walking in the wilderness, and set in motion his departure from St. Louis, then his arrival in Kansas City, with Trent Green, a QB who'd legitimately beaten out Warner, but who then lost his job because of a terrible knee injury. Warner was in no mood to give the job back to him, and neither was head coach by ascension nee offensive coordinator Martz, who ascended into Heaven, and sitteth on the the Right Hand of God the Father Almighty, upon Vermeil's departure. You would not think that a WR such as Bruce making a National Geographic quality play would cause all those dominoes to fall, but it is so.

And we all know what happened in the last Super Bowl, when Mike Martz put the ball in Warner's hand. He made Boston's day. By then Martz had bought it ... that Warner was John Elway or somebody.

Worse, there is this whole hangdog-mutt thing that somehow seems to emanate lately from Warner, this unspoken, "relate to me, feel sorry for me ... feel sorry for me ... feel sorry for me ..." that bored into your brain whenever Warner discussed whether he should get his job back, which he gave up to Bulger after going 0-4, and looking bad doing it, to start the current season, before sustaining a broken finger. He had thrown one TD and eight picks without the broken finger, so one shudders to think what will happen now.

Worse, instead of saying, "Well, Marc's doing great, I'll stay ready, I guess what goes around comes around," Warner said, "If Brett Favre gets injured, and comes back, he gets his job back, that's just the way it goes." Well, yeah, that's the way it goes, if you're Brett Favre or somebody. Now, is Warner, twice adjudicated NFL MVP (over the sound of gnashing teeth from Field Marshall Faulk and Ray Lewis), in a class with Brett Favre? Trust me ... no. He already tried out up there. Was fifth string. Then he got cut.

{END}
    "Ralph" what a perfect name for this debris.

I think Ralph just reserved himself a spot at stlouisrams.net. Not just because of this twisted spin of Warner's career but his genuine hatred of the Rams. He squawks at the QB Rating system however he leaves out the part that the QB rating system favors the fickle quarterbacks of the league. You know the quarterbacks that lack the ability to throw the ball past 10 yards down field? He hysterically compares Brady to Manning with Brady being the over-all winner. He is in love with the west coast offense and if he had it his way, any pass traveling further then 10 yards down field would be a penalty. You wonder why the game has become so watered down? Thanks to geniuses like Walsh (remember he invented the short pass in 1981) and journalists like this schmuck to worship at his alter, it's no wonder.
    This guy is a piece of work.
    Stay Tuned.

Re: It is possible that I have uncovered the "Biggest Enemy of the Truth"

OK, for a start that name must be an anagram off TOTAL BUFOON or something, there is no way thats his name.

We need to double team this fool. contact me

maineram is offline Registered User

What an A-hole, and what is it with the hatred of our Rams ??? It's mind boggling how some (national media type) portray the tem in this way. I just don't get it. Yah Martz is going to do things his own way, but to rub most the wrong way, and stick that tag on the whole team ??
    They'll just have to start giving them a good reason to, and start kicking the snot out of the league like in "99". You know, when all those gazelles were running wild over the turf.

Where's the outcry from the media over those cheatin Pats ??? ( wind blowing through the trees here.....)

Maineram - :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For three years, Kurt Warner displayed accuracy, decisionmaking skills and poise that ranked with the greatest performances in NFL history. What has happened since 2001 is perhaps open for debate, but anyone who claims Warner was not a great QB from 1999-2001 is either a liar or a moron.

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I apologize in advance for mentioning Whiners, but according to this guy we may as well pull Montana and Young out of the HOF. If it wasn't for the likes of Clark, Solomon, Rice and the imapalaike John Taylor these guys would have been mediocre QB's that couldn't have lasted in the NFL. God forbid that the front offices of NFL teams put good players around their QB. Even Marino had Clayton and Duper and a few others to throw to.

And Favre, well, apparently he did it all by himself in Green Bay. Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman and others must have been real lucky that Favre threw so hard that the ball stuck to their bodies or Favre would have had a lot of incomplete passes.

those that want to help, go to this thread

I want talent NOW

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Here is a complete list of the great QBs that never played with great WRs:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Here is a complete list of the great QBs that never played with great WRs:
    That is the best list I have ever seen! LOL :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!