Thread: PossumMock 0.5

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Smile PossumMock 0.5

I dedicate this mock to memory of Sean Taylor, probably the best safety prospect I've seen.

Based on draft order as of 11-28-07

Coin flips(actually performed by PB9):

a. St. Louis defeats NYJets....Rams pick #2
    b. Kansas City defeats Baltimore....Chiefs pick #8
    c. Minnesota defeats Denver....Vikings pick #15
    d. Philadelphia defeats Washington....Eagles pick #18

*** indicates underclassman

1. Miami- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas***
    2. St. Louis- Chris Long DE Virginia
    3. NY Jets- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
    4. New England(from SF)- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State***
    5. Atlanta- Jake Long OT Michigan
    6. Oakland- Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
    7. Cincinnati- Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California
    8. Kansas City- Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma***
    9. Baltimore- Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State***
    10. Carolina- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    11. Arizona- Calais Campbell DE Miami(FL)***
    12. New Orleans- Kenny Phillips S Miami(FL)***
    13. Buffalo- Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma***
    14. Houston- Ryan Clady OT Boise State***
    15. Minnesota- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    16. Denver- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State***
    17. Chicago- Michael Oher OT Mississippi***
    18. Philadelphia- Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida***
    19. Washington- Dan Connor LB Penn State
    20. Tennessee- DeSean Jackson WR California***
    21. San Diego- Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma***
    22. Detroit- Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin***
    23. Seattle- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon***
    24. Dallas(from CLE)- Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland***
    25. Tampa Bay- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
    26. NY Giants- Keith Rivers LB Southern California
    27. Pittsburgh- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois***
    28. Jacksonville- Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
    29. San Francisco(from IND)- Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
    30. Green Bay- Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech***
    31. Dallas- Aqib Talib CB Kansas***
    32. New England- PICK FORFEITED FOR CHEATING

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: PossumMock 0.5

You think Dorsey and Laurinitis fall a little?

I suppose with any mock there's going to br some concievable set of risers and fallers, though.

I think the Baltimore, Carolina, New England and Philadelphia picks are especially realistic.

However, I do question how Denver can choose anything but a defensive lineman with their selcetion.

Great job on the Rams.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I really doubt Miami takes McFadden, what with Ronnie Brown playing as well as he did until the injury and the high pick they spent on him. He would have to have a very serious career-threatening injury for them to go with McFadden I think, and as far as I know it's not that serious.

I like our pick though, right now I'm hoping we take Chris Long.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I would prefer we take Jake Long, or another OL with our first round pick, it'd be nice if we could get a good LT, Pace is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    You think Dorsey and Laurinitis fall a little?

I suppose with any mock there's going to br some concievable set of risers and fallers, though.
    Dorsey hobbling around lately certainly can't be good for his draft stock. Having two 3-4 teams currently in the Top 5 doesn't help him either.

I don't consider Laurinaitis to be a faller necessarily. I don't consider him a Top 10 pick. He's behind Jenkins & Gholston in the Buckeye pecking order, IMO.

However, I do question how Denver can choose anything but a defensive lineman with their selcetion.
    I don't try to force a need on a team, particularly when there is no player at the position of need worthy of the pick. I thought Laurinaitis was a solid choice for them and represented decent value.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I really doubt Miami takes McFadden, what with Ronnie Brown playing as well as he did until the injury and the high pick they spent on him. He would have to have a very serious career-threatening injury for them to go with McFadden I think, and as far as I know it's not that serious.
    Miami will be in a strange position with the #1 pick, as there is no obvious pick for them.

Will Ronnie Brown be healthy in time for the '08 season? I dunno. I do know that after the '08 season, he'll have knocked off 4 years from his rookie contract. If he comes back strong, Miami could trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I would prefer we take Jake Long, or another OL with our first round pick, it'd be nice if we could get a good LT, Pace is done.
    First, I'm not sure Pace is done.

Second, I'm not sure Jake Long is a LT. He's been a bit overrated, IMO.

Vernon Gholston and Malcolm Jenkins were the players behind Chris Long for the Rams in this mock.

Rambos is offline Registered User

4. New England(from SF)- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State***
    Pats just keep getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Pats just keep getting better
    Yeah, it stings. Then again....it's at the expense of our division rival.

Jenkins is a stud, IMO. I'd almost prefer to see the Pats trade down and acquire picks than pick up a CB of his caliber.

keith m. klink Guest

this might sound a little pre-emptive here , but if miami stays at #1 , i see them trading down , the raiders and packers will want MCFADDEN , oakland has jordan and fargas , but al davis wants the homerun hitter , AND IF FAVRE is still there , they need a franchise back , and brett will tell them that . i see miami looking for their next qb. i love this kid beck , but i think that he is not going too be their answer. but they just might give him a full year next year . and they need too start looking at a replacement for middle linebacker soon , i think zacks neck might take away some of his pop . also , their d-line is aging . a trade down a little for picks and targeting DORSEY , could be the best move .

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    this might sound a little pre-emptive here , but if miami stays at #1 , i see them trading down , the raiders and packers will want MCFADDEN , oakland has jordan and fargas , but al davis wants the homerun hitter , AND IF FAVRE is still there , they need a franchise back , and brett will tell them that .
    I could certainly see Oakland wanting McFadden, but I'm not sure they'd want to pay the price of moving up to #1 overall, only to have to pay the price of signing the #1 overall....particularly after their dealings with JaMarcus Russell.

The Packers won't have the ammo to move up to #1 overall.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    this might sound a little pre-emptive here , but if miami stays at #1 , i see them trading down , the raiders and packers will want MCFADDEN , oakland has jordan and fargas , but al davis wants the homerun hitter , AND IF FAVRE is still there , they need a franchise back , and brett will tell them that . i see miami looking for their next qb. i love this kid beck , but i think that he is not going too be their answer. but they just might give him a full year next year . and they need too start looking at a replacement for middle linebacker soon , i think zacks neck might take away some of his pop . also , their d-line is aging . a trade down a little for picks and targeting DORSEY , could be the best move .
    The Raiders have spent money the last two offseasons on running backs, only to have them shown up by Fargas. I'm expecting them to go another direction in the draft.

At the same time, how can you say that the Packers need a franchise back when they've just found Ryan Grant? Unless he goes to hell in the rest of the season, he'll be their franchise back. That said, Miami doesn't need McFadden either, and I think are much more likely to go wide receiver, linebacker, or defensive line with their first pick. Quarterback is also a good option, but it depends on what they think of Beck. Now, most of those positions don't have number one pick guys, and so I think they'll try to trade down, but I don't know if anyone will want to trade up for it.

I love Chris Long and have said so since May.

I'm hoping that Goodell is sneaky and takes away New England's first pick, AKA the Whiner's pick.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Jake Long OT, Michigan is very appealing.

There are major questions with Pace and a Rookie needs a year or so to develop. It's not like Pace couldn't play another spot on our line - if he can stay healthy and after a Rook is ready to play.