evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Arrow [Post-Dispatch]: Terrell still absent from Rams' offseason program

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    04/04/2007

Claude Terrell is on his way to St. Louis for the Ramsí offseason conditioning program. Terrellís agent, Kennard McGuire, just canít say when.

"Heís been in constant contact with the organization," McGuire told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday. "He has some family situations that he has to resolve. He had some things that were unexpected that he had to take care of."

By the end of this week, Terrell will have missed the first three weeks of the Ramsí offseason conditioning program. If thereís anyone who needs to show the coaching staff that heís committed to playing football, itís Terrell. A pleasant surprise during his rookie season of 2005, Terrell started 10 games at left guard, showing particular acumen as a run blocker.

But a wrist injury sabotaged Terrellís 2006 season. Terrell sent out confusing signals about whether he was going to have wrist surgery. Once he was placed on the injured reserve list last Aug. 28, Terrell was rarely seen at Rams Park. By all accounts, Terrell had worked his way into coach Scott Linehanís doghouse. But at the NFL Scouting Combine in late February, Linehan said he was willing to wipe the slate clean and give Terrell a fresh start on the 2007 season.

But then came the start of the teamís offseason conditioning program on March 19, with Terrell a no-show.

"Heís coming in (for the offseason program) as soon as he can," McGuire said. "As soon as he gets things squared away, St. Louis is his first trip."

McGuire said Terrellís wrist is fine.

Play dough

The three-year contract signed by free-agent linebacker Chris Draft is for $4.28 million. It includes a $1.3 million signing bonus and base salaries of $720,000 in í07, $830,000 in í08, and $1.225 million in í09. The deal also includes offseason workout bonuses of $100,000 in both í08 and í09.

The one-year contract signed by cornerback Mike Rumph is worth $595,000, with no signing bonus.

Latest figures from the NFL Players Association shows the Rams with $8.6 million of cap space.

Walls signs

Cornerback Lenny Walls, who agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Rams nearly two weeks ago, finally signed the contract Wednesday.

Byrd update

Tight end Dominique Byrd pled not guilty on March 28 to driving under the influence and unlicensed driver charges in Los Angeles. Byrd has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for April 26.

Jonze is offline Registered User

Re: [Post-Dispatch]: Terrell still absent from Rams' offseason program

How much cap-room do we need for the rookies this year? Is it around 5 mil? So that will leave around 3 for security in case of injuries. That's ok i guess.
    That Terrell guy, man, like to know what's going on in his head! He's missing a great opportunity to prove himself to the coaching staff...
    Last edited by Jonze; -04-05-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: typo

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonze View Post
    How much cap-room do we need for the rookies this year? Is it around 5 mil? So that will leave around 3 for security in case of injuries. That's ok i guess.
    That Terrell guy, man, like to know what's going on in his head! He's missing a great opportunity to prove himself to the coaching staff...
    Don't forget it is likely(hopefully) that Bulger will also get an extension at some point heading into next season..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonze View Post
    You answered your own question really. With the projected increase, the pool is probably about $5.5 M, leaving (as you said) about $3 M. Plenty to do a little more if need be.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

How much of the cap room will be used up in the draft? I realize there is designated amount of money available to sign draft picks, but I am almost positive it still counts against the cap.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

keith m. klink Guest

last year the rams wanted between 7-8 million to sign rookies . i think that is to make sure the rookies can and will get signed , and if the second wave of free agents hit's the open market , there is a little cash in the cookie jar , just incase the rams wanna spring for pizza's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st & Goal View Post
    How much of the cap room will be used up in the draft? I realize there is designated amount of money available to sign draft picks, but I am almost positive it still counts against the cap.
    As I said,
    Quote Originally Posted by HUb
    With the projected increase, the pool is probably about $5.5 M, leaving (as you said) about $3 M. Plenty to do a little more if need be.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It's a shame that Terrell isn't taking this more seriously. He'd be a promising young lineman if he wasn't going off to do his own thing first with the wrist and now off-season training. Honestly, Terrell is not a guy who needs to be missing out on the conditioning program.

Country is offline Registered User

If Terrell could come in and earn his starting spot back he would be a size and strength upgrade over Setterstrom. He also gives the Rams excellent depth along the interior.

He needs to get things together and start acting like a pro.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, isn't this workout session.......voluntary?

I realize there's nothing "voluntary" about this workout.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You answered your own question really. With the projected increase, the pool is probably about $5.5 M, leaving (as you said) about $3 M. Plenty to do a little more if need be.
    Does that leave us enough to do anything with Bulger and the 2nd round of free agency?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    He [Terrell] needs to get things together and start acting like a pro.
    And start NOW. NOW

Claude could be missing out on replacing Timmerman as one of the true doughnut brothers (not that he has Timmerman's skills as an OL or a doughnut meister). Let's see if he indeed is capable of starting anew as a pro.
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-05-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i just dont understand players these days... your playing professional football!!!!!!!! it is an honor and a privelage to be playing it... i would kill to have skills like the players in the nfl... in high school, i ran a 4.58 but i'm only a 5'7'' white boy so it was hard to get looked at in colleges... THESE PLAYERS IN THE NFL NOW ARE BABIES... GO OUT AND ENJOY IT, DONT ***** ABOUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Does that leave us enough to do anything with Bulger and the 2nd round of free agency?
    GC would be better to answer this, but I believe if done right, Bulger's extension could even lower his current cap hit.