AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A Post-Game Handshake for the Hawks Fans

I, for one, would like to point out what a quality rivalry we have going with the Hawks fans. Its nice to be able to discuss, debate and even argue with opposing fans without it deteriorating into mindless smack drivel.

Thanks to bela, Large_Ant, rawkhrdr and all the other Hawks fans who helped make this a fun week of football talk.

See you in a few...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A Post-Game Handshake for the Hawks Fans

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I, for one, would like to point out what a quality rivalry we have going with the Hawks fans. Its nice to be able to discuss, debate and even argue with opposing fans without it deteriorating into mindless smack drivel.

Thanks to bela, Large_Ant, rawkhrdr and all the other Hawks fans who helped make this a fun week of football talk.

See you in a few...
    I second that motion....

bela is offline Registered User

Thanks for the hospitality Av. I've had a great time here, without question one of the best enemy forums I've visited. Much better than I remember it 2-years ago.

See you guys in a few weeks.

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

I've been coming here for a few years now and it never ceases to amaze me the quality of fan support from this board. its not filled with a bunch of hypersensitive homers or doomsayers. You all see your team for what it is any given year and that is to be commended. Its full of intelligent HONEST opinions about your team and a rival team. It is a pleasure to come here twice a year and discuss football.

Good luck to you all and see you in a few weeks!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

What an incredible game. Easily, that was the closest I've ever been to a full-blown cardiac arrest. I've never been a part of as many emotional swings as the last 1:50 of that game. It was a great one.

For all you Hawk fans, please stick around. It doesn't have to be Ram/Hawk fans for you guys to post. You have an open invitation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I was thinking to myself this morning how it never fails to be an unbelievable game every time these two teams come together. It just seems to me that Bulger and Hasselbeck in particular kick it to another level every time. Excellent football.

On the downside, you people do realize we lose about three years off of our lives every time these teams play, right? I could literally feel myself shaking at certain points during yesterday's game. That can't be good on the ol' ticker.

Anyhoo, as always, great debate between fans of the game. Doesn't get any better than that. Cheers to you all here at the Clan.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

I must agree with my fellow Clanners, your more than welcome, enjoy your stay.

Mind you though, we'll beat you in week 10...

MSRamman is offline Registered User

I second and third all those sentiments, as much as I enjoy the observations of fans of my own team I enjoy those of intelligent fans of other teams almost as much. To the credit of Seattle fans, I have caught more smack and grief from non-Hawks fans about this loss than I have from actual Hawks fans, one of 'em was even a Titans fan.... imagine the irony of that! lol Anyway, thanks for all the insight, and it is good to know that other fans see the Rams pretty much as we do... on the way up,with a ways to go yet to dominance. Here's to many more thrillers in this rivalry, with a different outcome for the Rams, of course...

:l