Boozer71 is offline Registered User

Post From The New Guy

Now that I've had time to digest the season opener, and let all the injuries sink in, I guess it's time to forget this one and move on. I've been a season ticket holder since '95, so it's not like I haven't seen our ups and downs. Unlike a lot of people, I was not expecting to drive home Sunday with a win over the Eagles. I was, however, expecting to drive home thinking that we've made some huge improvements and were going to be a legit team that was on the rise. Unfortunately, it felt and looked eerily similar to the last 5-6 years of Rams football. There are still a lot of holes to fill for this team to take the next step, and the injuries (which every team has) were about as bad as they can get. We all knew the front half of our schedule was brutal, and I was hoping we could somehow find a way to go 3-4. Now I'm hoping for 2-5, and I'm not feeling real good about that. I still think our WR corp is below average at best, especially with the loss of DA. MSW is going to have to step up and be more productive. The Giants will not let Cadillac run wild, and I expect them to load the box and make them beat us in the air. Let's hope Sam's finger doesn't flare up, or it could get out of hand quick....

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Post From The New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer71 View Post
    Now that I've had time to digest the season opener, and let all the injuries sink in, I guess it's time to forget this one and move on. I've been a season ticket holder since '95, so it's not like I haven't seen our ups and downs. Unlike a lot of people, I was not expecting to drive home Sunday with a win over the Eagles. I was, however, expecting to drive home thinking that we've made some huge improvements and were going to be a legit team that was on the rise. Unfortunately, it felt and looked eerily similar to the last 5-6 years of Rams football. There are still a lot of holes to fill for this team to take the next step, and the injuries (which every team has) were about as bad as they can get. We all knew the front half of our schedule was brutal, and I was hoping we could somehow find a way to go 3-4. Now I'm hoping for 2-5, and I'm not feeling real good about that. I still think our WR corp is below average at best, especially with the loss of DA. MSW is going to have to step up and be more productive. The Giants will not let Cadillac run wild, and I expect them to load the box and make them beat us in the air. Let's hope Sam's finger doesn't flare up, or it could get out of hand quick....

Nice post and I agree it's time to move on it's one game. After one game and with the injuries I'm not going to lower my expectations. Williams will play well in SJ absence and this Defense is still very good and very aggressive. Lets see how Manning deals with it he is no Mike Vick, we will get to him. Manning has turned the ball over alot I think we can get some turn overs in this one. NY is also hurting going in.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

The Giants Defense is really banged up, check out Espn NFL for more info. I think that as a former Def.Cor for the GIANTS, Spags may be able to go over/plan/discuss some of Eli's tendencies to his Defense. The Giants didn't exactly play a Juggernaut of a football team, vs Wash, and still lost. I like the Rams chances, even if slim. And Your right, EM, doesn't exactly move like Vick, nor do they have weapons like Vick.

ram4lyfe is offline Registered User

we going need a wr to step up now that danny is out personally i think this is the time for salas to do so in the slot i think he will contribute alot to it but there one big thing he and all the other wr's are going to have to do is CATCH THE BALL that include you to LANCE KENDRICKS