(Opening remarks)
“Let me get right to the injuries. (CB) Kevin Dockery was on the side here. He wasn’t ready to go . (DT) Gary Gibson is still nursing that shoulder, so he didn’t practice today. (DT) Cliff Ryan is still feeling effects, so he didn’t go. (CB) Marquis Johnson - I think you saw the roster move – has been put on practice squad IR. He actually had surgery yesterday on his knee. He’ll also have additional surgery on his shoulder. He’s been battling both of those, and he was a real warrior going through, but it was kind of wear and tear and it was just the smart thing to do. We’ve got some other guys out there today. (TE) Billy Bajema and (LB) Chris Chamberlain ran around a little bit. (TE) Illinois Mike (Hoomanawanui) and (RB) Steven (Jackson) practiced, so we’re OK there on a limited basis. Two practice squad moves. You saw a defensive tackle, Jimmy Saddler-McQueen. He’s going to work as a D-tackle here a little bit. And to replace Marquis, (CB) Terrail Lambert is in playing a little corner for us. We had (OT) Rodger Saffold get banged in his left shin, (Head Athletic Trainer) Reggie (Scott) took him in. It’s real tender right now, so they’ll do an X-ray and we’ll see where we’re at with that. I think, other than that, (WR) Laurent Robinson got a little bit of work which is good, and I thought they practiced real well today.”

(On if S Darian Stewart got some work today)
“He did. He did the jog-through, he did individual, and he was supposed to work with the scout team guys and if I was going to be honest I’d tell you, I don’t know if he did or not. I’m sure he did, but I can’t tell you that I saw him. But he got a little bit of work, yeah.”

(On if S Oshiomogho Atogwe had a full practice)
“Yeah, pretty much. We’ll keep our fingers crossed. What’s today? Wednesday? I don’t want to jinx anything.”

(On if Jackson had a full practice)
“Yeah. He didn’t go all the reps. He was limited. He’s going to take it easy on that thing. I didn’t want him to push it too far and set it back.”

(On having all of the tight ends back)
“Well not in a full capacity. Billy (Bajema) and Mike (Hoomanawanui) just kind of were limited, did some individual and the jog-through this morning but not any of the team reps.”

(On DT Clifton Ryan’s status)
“I don’t know what to tell you. You can only go off of the person. That’s all.”

(On how WR Danario Alexander is progressing health-wise and on the field)
“Him and I have a little game going on. We measure his thigh to make sure they’re both the same size and he’s always giving me one more centimeter or half-centimeter. I asked him if he knew what a centimeter was and he assured me he did. He’s moving around well, we just want to make sure if we were to do anything – I’m not saying we would – that you don’t put him in a position where he’s going to injure something else.”

(On if Alexander is getting close to having his thighs measure the same)
“Yeah. I don’t know exactly what it is right now, but he’s getting close. He assured me he’s getting close.”

(On staying focused to make sure these aren’t the only two wins of the season)
“The best way I can describe it is, I was asked…talked to the Detroit media earlier and somebody asked, ‘Do you feel like you’ve gotten over the hump?’ The minute you start feeling like you’ve gotten over the hump, we all know what’s on the other side of that. You start sliding down. We’re climbing a mountain here and we’re right at the beginning of it, so we just put our nose to the grindstone and go forward.”

(On what he has seen from Detroit DT Ndamukong Suh this season)
“Their whole front, this front four that we’re getting ready to face on Sunday is legit. I think (it’s) one of the better ones in the NFL, and they’ve caused some havoc. He’s real good in there. They’ve got two big, thick tackles and he’s one of them, so he’s been very impressive.”

(On the kind of presence that DT Fred Robbins has brought)
“I think the guys respected him right from the beginning. He’s played a lot in the league. He’s a big defensive tackle in the middle that never takes a play off and he’s out here practicing all the time. He is a leader. He leads by example. He’s got a great personality so he kind of keeps it loose, and I think the young guys appreciate that. But he’s been playing pretty good. I said that to him earlier and he said, ‘No, I’m not really playing that good.’ That’s the kind of guy he is. He wants to play better.”

(On Robbins looking pretty fresh despite injury concerns in the past)
“I’m not going to talk too much about injuries. I don’t want to jinx anything here, but he’s been doing…so far, so good.”

(On if he expected WR Danny Amendola to be as vital as he is to the offense when he was originally brought in)
“I’d be lying if I said I did, but obviously (General Manager) Billy (Devaney) and his staff did a good job evaluating him and knew he had some talent and some things that could help us. I’m glad we got him.”

(On how he would describe Amendola’s toughness)
“He’s off that charts there, in everything he does. I’m talking about his toughness in practice and walking in the hallway he looks tough. He’s just a feisty guy that loves playing football and he gives everything he’s got all the time. He’s one of those…you’d like a lot of those guys on your team.”

(On how close a call it was in taking QB Sam Bradford over Suh in the draft)
“I’m not even going back to that. That’s over. That’s done.”

(On knowing a lot about Suh)
“We evaluated six, seven, eight guys. I think we did OK.”

(On if he sees a different confidence with this team)
“Yeah, that’s a true statement. That’s natural. That should happen. They should feel that way, as long as it doesn’t’ go too far one way or the other. You don’t get discouraged when things aren’t going good and you certainly don’t get over-confident when you win a couple games.”

(On if the Rams are similar to the Lions in that they are both trying to build from within)
“Yeah. I think (Detroit Head Coach) Jim (Schwartz) is doing a good job there. They’ve lost some really close games I’m sure they felt like they could win, one play here, one play there. So we don’t look at it as a team that’s struggling. We think they’re pretty good.”

Press Conference – QB Sam Bradford – 10/6/10

(On what one word best describes WR Danny Amendola)
“Unbelievable? I don’t know. If I had one word, probably ‘energetic’ because he’s always going. I mean, if you look at him out here in practice, he’s going 100 percent whether he’s catching passes, running back kicks, running back punts. Then when he gets in the game he’s always going 100 percent, too. The way he plays is awesome for this football team.”

(On what he’s seen from the Detroit defense)
“I think they’re a good defense. I think their front is very good and I think their back end is very good, too. But they cause a lot of problems with what they do up front. They’re able to put pressure on the quarterback. I think they force some guys to makes some hurried throws, quick decisions and they’ve been able to cause some turnovers, so we’re going to have to be very prepared for this defense.”

(On what he has seen from DT Ndamokung Suh)
“When you watch him on tape he’s extremely strong. It looks like he’s kind of been able to kind of have his way with some of the guys on the inside. So we’re definitely going to have to be aware of where he’s at, how he’s going to push the pocket.”

(On whether he will get a chance to talk to Suh on Sunday)
“To be honest, I don’t know if I’m going to get to see him before the game. There’s a lot of stuff going on. But we did get to spend some time before the draft just doing different things. I got to know him a little bit, I think he’s a great guy. So if we have a chance to catch up before or after the game, that would be nice.”

(On whether he’s received any trash-talk from Suh)
“I haven’t heard that yet but I definitely expect that to be coming on Sunday.”

(On the team’s level of confidence)
“I think we have a good confidence right now. Coming off the last two weeks, we’ve had two good victories, but I think this team is still very hungry. I think everyone in this locker room realizes that we’re still a long way from where we want to be. But at the same time, we are playing with confidence, and I think that’s been a big help for this team in the past two weeks.”

(On the growth of OT Rodger Saffold)
“I think Rodger’s played awesome for us the first four games. He does a great job any time he’s one-on-one with someone. I feel very comfortable with him on my backside. I think if you watch him, watch the way that he’s developed, he’s had some nasty blocks out there. I think he’s having fun, too. I remember, it kind of got me fired up last week, him and I think (Seattle safety) Lawyer Milloy were getting into it and his helmet comes off, and Rodger starts beating his chest. You see things like that from guys, it makes me confident in them, and really puts a smile on my face. I’m glad to have them in the huddle with me.”

(On what the offense needs to improve on the most)
“I think no matter how you perform on Sunday, you’re always looking to improve. I think we can be a lot more efficient in the pass game. I think I’ve missed some throws, so I think for me to play more consistently would definitely help this offense out. At the same time, I think we can always be better running the football. No matter how well you run the football, you always want to run it better. I think as long as we continue to improve and as long as we understand that we can always make improvement, it’s going to be good.”

(On whether he has sensed a greater buzz around the team in the past two weeks)
“Like you said, I haven’t been here for some of the struggles. I will tell you that I think the buzz in this locker room has been better the past two weeks than the first two weeks. I think any time you win, it does that for a team. So hopefully we can understand what it took to win the last two weeks and keep it going.”

(On the level of growth between him and his receivers)
“Yeah, I think that’s one of the reasons that we’ve been able to have some success on offense. We do spread the ball around. I feel like our wide receivers are playing great for us right now. I have full confidence that I can drop back and throw it to any one of them and they’ll make a play after they have the ball in their hands.”