RamWraith is offline Registered User

Postgame With Gordo

By Jeff Gordon
    Sunday, November 18, 2007 06:30 PM CST

Reggie: Hey Jeff,
    As always I look forward to reading your commentary on all of St. Louis' sports teams...keep up the good work.

What do you think finally clicked for the Rams that they are playing like a different team now? What has the line, which is still full of street free agents, playing 10x better? Thanks!!

Jeff Gordon: The line wilted in this game, which reminded us all what went wrong earlier this season. You some missed assignments and just simple missed blocks. The current group is game, but the Niners really worked it over as the game progressed. It's hard to win without blocking.
    Mike Windle: Gimme a break! 5:07 to go in the half, third and 26 and we call a RUN?!?

...and Jackson is NOT carrying the ball?

same story as last week.... our Offensive Coordinator(s) are clueless.

Martz was bold - Olson is just plain stupid.

We need to put the blame where it belongs.

Jeff Gordon: What good can come from throwing on third-and-26 when this offensive line can't protect a third-and-five pass. A third-and-26 pass would take some time to develop -- time this line can't provide.
    Grimmsta: Hey, Gordo... I'm listening online in Cali (born & raised in STL)...

Do you think that Bulger takes too many unnecessary sacks at inopportune times? I don't think he's adept at making things happen if we were in DESPERATE need of a play.

I don't think he's a BAD QB, just think he needs to be more aware at times and find a way to come through in pressure situations...

Many times on 2nd/3rd and long, he's taken sacks INSTEAD of scrambling, stepping up in the pocket, OR just plain throwing the ball away.....

Am I being too judgemental or is there something to this?

Jeff Gordon: He got caught holding the ball way too much in this game. If the Niners have his first two options covered -- and if he feels the heat that is coming his way - he needs to throw the ball away. Period. He has to be smarter playing behind this makeshift line.
    Hiffey: Gordo-

So what's up with Pisa Tinoisamoa? I saw him on the field, but is he making any plays? Is Kevin Slaten right? Is he the worst linebacker (or most overrated linebacker) we have?

Jeff Gordon: Well, he made a nice play near the end to save the game, breaking up a would-be TD pass to Vernon Davis. He had some notable stops on Gore. I don't anybody can rip a LB that just had a hand in a 13-9 win.
    Mike: Can't wait for Steussie to get back. Leckey was a good story last week but reality has set in this week. It would be nice to see the Rams try play action on first down here and there. Fortunately, it doesn't take much to outscore this same old sorry *** Niners offense.

Jeff Gordon: Linehan likes continuity in his line, but he will need to look at putting Romberg at center, McCollum at right guard, Steussie at left tackle and Barron at right tackle. This group got blown up but good in this game.
    dave66rivi: Why did the O get so conservative after getting off to a good start?

Jeff Gordon: When the Rams did try to pass, the O-line caved in or Bulger got caught in a coverage sack. The ***** took away the passing game with pressure and coverage.
    smitty: another great defensive effort today, but the offensive line was awful, but i thought linehan could have called more slant patterns against the *****. your thoughts on the play calling today?

Jeff Gordon: Well, the playcalling was great for a drive. And I did like the heavy workload Jackson got. The O-line fell apart and the assorted RBs missed some blocks, too. To me, this was a case of the blocking breaking down in both the run and pass games. When that happens, playcalling is pretty tough.
    Eldrick Faversham, Jr.: I am glad the Rams won, but I am concerned that Bulger stands in the pocket, semingly forever, with virtually no lateral movement. I think at least 3 of the sacks today were directly caused by his holding the ball too long. It is starting to remind me of Warner circa 2002. What do you think?

Jeff Gordon: As I noted earlier, he needed to get the ball out quickly. He isn't good on the move, so I'd rather see him dump the ball than scramble. I'd rather see the incomplete pass than the sack or the INT.
    Ben: Jeff, why do coaches continue to use the Prevent defense? Especially a team in the Rams' position with nothing to lose. They are monumentally lucky they didn't lose this game today because of it. Idiotic.

Jeff Gordon: The real trouble here is the Rams can't generate pass pressure without blitzing. They can't get much done with four rushers now. Blitzing is pretty dangerous in the last minute of a 13-9 game, so Dilfer had the time he needed to move the ball 10 and 15 yards at a time.
    Mike.F: Ok Jeff I dvr'd the game was it lame or will I enjoy it? what did you think about the game?

Jeff Gordon: This was not a pretty game. Watch the first couple of minutes, then fast forward to the final two minutes. Nothing in between to see . . .
    Go Rams!!!!!!: The Rams have gone from terrible.....to below average. I am growing more and more curious to see just how big the offseason changes will be. I just hope that upper management can see that these two wins, although WONDERFULLY WELCOME, are by no means a turn-around for the Rams. We have beaten a bad team this week, and an average team last week. Is there a chance the Rams will win enough (especially garbage games) to develop a false sense of "Everything's O.k. Now" feeling to have a status quo offseason?

Jeff Gordon: To me, they have to show a lot more than this. Sure, the Rams won. But after the one TD drive, they did little on offense. The defense was solid enough, but the Niners are horrendous. This as a non-loss. It gives the Linehan Regime a chance to prove something in later games, like Seattle, Green Bay and Pittsburgh.
    Jack J: Gordo,

What a nail biter. I just wonder what happened to the O line from the second quarter on? My guess is the make shift line showed how bad it really is. Either way we have a win. The defense almost made Trent Dilfer look like a pro bowler towards the end but our defense held. This win should boost the Rams further into the second half of the season.

Jeff Gordon: This game was basically an escape. They avoided the "L". They avoided disaster. The "D" can feel good about hanging tough and Jackson showed his mettle. But the wholesale protection problems and Bulger's inability to get rid of the ball in critical situations give RamFan some pause.
    Nick: Is it just me or did the coaches no learn from last week on the benefits of opening up the play-book? Though the Rams won, a 13-9 score against this San Francisco team is anything but convincing. Perhaps last week was an aberration rather than a sign of things to come.

Jeff Gordon: We saw some great stuff early. The playcalling was great for one drive. But, again, the O-line struggle and the overall protection issues underminded what might have been an excellent game plan. A lot of guys were getting beat and/or missing assigments.
    Grimmsta: No matter what happens this year, I believe that we need a change on this team. If it's not Linehan (I don't think he's ready yet), we need someone who can evaluate talent because Offensively, we have become quite "sheepish" defensively, we are progressing but need some gamechangers! Linny's just not getting it done...

WE NEED AN INTERVENTION!!!

Jeff Gordon: Let's see what the staff does with the O-Line with Steussie and Romberg back in the mix. I do believe we will see some offensive excitement IF we see some blocking in the weeks ahead. I liked the early fourth-down gamble and the use of all the targets early.
    Mike: I'm still not convinced Tye Hill is the answer at corner. I know he's young but he's very inconsistent. A better pass rush sure would help.

Jeff Gordon: Hill had a long day, for sure. But like you say, the Rams can't generate pass rush without a blitz. And if you blitz, you leave the CB on an island. Better pass pressure with a basic four-man rush would make life easier for the secondary.
    wiramfan: Jeff
    What is this crap!!
    Linehan has no offense all game long, but any coach has an offense that can chew up time and get positive yards!

Did linehan ever see a football game before the Rams hired him?

After the on side kick the Rams needed to run clock get a first down or at the very least don't lose yardage!!!!!

Linehan kept Jackson 8 yards deep on delays? Moron!!!
    Where is the FB? Oh yeah he cut him after week one to bring in his kind of FB.. One who can't block!
    C'mon I have seen enough!
    Awful just awful!

Yeah I'm upset. A couple more wins and the Ram F.O. might keep this clown!!!

What do you think?

Jeff Gordon: Hedgecock really slipped as a blocker here. The Giants may love him, but there was lots of bad tape on him here. His exit wasn't mourned by many at Rams Park.

As for the inability to generate yardage late, you had the right side of the line -- there guys off the street -- getting mauled. It's pretty tough to work around that.
    Grant Thornell: How unfortunate do you find this meaningless win? The Rams draft position certainly will take a hit. How sad will it be if Linehan's job gets saved because Darrell Jackson can't catch.

Jeff Gordon: Yeah, the Niners had every chance to win this game. As for the lost draft position, I don't see that as a great tragedy. The higher you pick, the more you overpay on somebody needing time to develop -- and the less you can spend to keep players or land free agents. In the salary cap era, the highest draft picks can hurt more than they help. I don't see anybody at the top of this draft worth tanking for . . .
    ColoradoRamsFan: Jeff,
    What happened to the screen pass? I only remember them attempting a couple of them which is too bad since they were facing such an agressive defense.

I'm happy for the win, but once again, I am tired of not seeing any adjustments on the offensive side after halftime!

Jeff Gordon: They had a perfectly timed opportunity, but Bulger failed to get the ball over the outstretched arms of three onrushing linemen. Had he gotten the ball high enough, that play might have gone for six.

It was that kind of day for the offense once the blocking broke down.
    Rogurs: Jeff,
    We'll take the win, but what a bad excuse for NFL teams the Rams and ***** are! The only other team the Rams could have beaten today was MAYBE the Dolphins. Painful to watch, just painful. Thankfully we won.....

Jeff Gordon: They could have beat the Falcons, too. We'll see that mess for ourselves in a few weeks.
    Roowie: 2 wins in row, looking at their schedule, how many wins can they finish with?

Jeff Gordon: I'm thinking they win four or five games -- just enough to create a Great Debate about Linehan's future in the Rams front office.
    Ramschic: Jeff -

Thanks as always for the great work. This was ugly, but a win. Are we really any better, or just jeopardizing a better draft choice by beating a sorry Niners team? Bulger looked confused at times, and I question his hanging onto the ball and taking so many sacks. In fairness, he didn't look like he had many options, but I wonder if he couldn't throw a couple out of bounds. I love the Rams and have my entire life, and I want them to win. But, at this point, should I be happier losing?

Jeff Gordon: If there was Another Ray Lewis at the top of this draft, then I would argue that the Rams should lose on purpose. But I don't believe there is any such monster, so the team ought to win as many as possible while developing some younger players. There IS some value to winning, after all.
    Don: After the Rams picked up the on-side kick, why didn't they try to gain 10 yards and kick a field goal instead of playing into SF's hands by just trying to eat some clock (which didn't work)?

Jeff Gordon: With the way the team was blocking, any pass attempt was really risky there. After watching the pass protection crumble for three quarters -- and after watching the Niners struggle offensively for that same span -- it seemed prudent to turtle. Ultimately, it worked . . . although it was certainly scary at the end.
    Steve: Is there an NFL rule that states Mark Bulger must stand like a statue, never move, on all pass plays? oh, and never, I mean never throw the ball away if he can't find an open receiver?

Jeff Gordon: No, nothing in the rules. This young man needs to regain his pocket presence. He made himself into a sitting duck.
    JerseyRamFan: Hey Jeff,
    Is it me, or do the Rams get very conservative in the 4th quarter? Haslett did get a little aggressive towards the end of the 4th. But someone has to explain to me, why coaches tend to get away from what works toward the end of a game just to let their opponents get right back in the game.

Jeff Gordon: Offensively, the Rams got conservative because they couldn't block. Also, the knew the ***** would have a tough time scoring TDs if the Rams didn't hand them a turnover. Defensively, Haslett had to blitz less to reduce the threat of the home-run pass. Again, the Rams, sans Little, struggle to geneate pass pressure with a standard four-man rush.
    Sam: From St.Louie living in Detroit, All the people that think Martz is a better play caller needs to watch the Lions, Martz is back to throwing all the time, I think the Lions had 7 yards rushing in their last two games. Hang in there with the Rams. I though the Defense play pretty good today.
    I miss the Pizza.

Jeff Gordon: Fair point about Martz -- he must be out of pixie dust up there in Motown. That was an ugly game . . .
    Mike: Do you think the blocking can hold up against the Seahawks D? They're nothing spectacular but this Oline is barely watchable. On the flipside, if we can't generate any pressure on the QB, Hasselbeck will pick this D apart. I think the win streak ends next week.

Jeff Gordon: Expect changes in the front wall. Romberg will have another week to get stronger. Steussie could be an instant factor, too.
    Bryan: Well im very glad the Rams won but that O-line is going to have to step up again like they did vs the Saints, especially against Seattle next week. If this team can improve its O-line we should see drastic improvement on O. What good O-linemen are there in FA and the draft?

Jeff Gordon: Well, you're adding three guys from the injured list in Pace, Setterstrom and Incognito. I seem Romberg sticking at center and I wouldn't be shocked to see Brown stay at left guard. Sure, they will look to replace McCollum and Steussie with younger players, but the key is getting the Big 3 healthy again.
    Son_Dee: Jeff,

Always good to see your post game chats. What's up with Linehan and the 2nd half? It's the 2nd half of the season and we're still struggling even after our 1st win.

2-8 is what we are but we've got to do better than this. I know this win counts towards Shaw's magic number (whatever that may be) but it says a lot that we've struggled all season against these Niners.

How was Linehan in the post-game press conference? I heard he was hyping this win up a little more that it should be.

Jeff Gordon: Yeah, he was happy with the D and happy that the Rams didn't hand the Niners cheap points. He didn't care about style points and he did like the fact this team didn't fold on the road for a change. But he shouldn't be happy with all the blocking breakdowns.
    Roger: why did Linehan keep calling the same running play over and over with Jackson trying to run behind Barron, when they kept getting loss after loss? Did you see Steven J. start yelling at the sideline after the last one?

Jeff Gordon: Running left was a much better idea than running right, where Leckey and the RT tag team got blown up in this game. It's frustrating to get no blocking, but the line was what it was Sunday.

Linehan will have a chance to make some changes.
    jw-SoCal: Wow, the anger in these posts is kinda funny. A win is a win! Tye Hill has a size problem, but he can cover pretty tight if you ask me and his tackling is improving. The run defense is like night and day this year too! The offense needs a healthy line, but Jackson is still the Man without one. I still say we draft a QB or WR first round to start getting younger on the O-side of the ball. This isn't a good team right now, but I don't think we are really all that far away from being solid on both sides of the ball.

Jeff Gordon: I agree that the Rams are closer than people think, given the quality of guys on IR. I don't know if I spend a high pick at QB or WR, but I do add youngsters at both spots for next season.
    Sam: One thing to remember, Olson coached in Detroit...if you where to compare tape you would see a simlar offense a couple years ago, that guy needs to go. When Linehan came in last year he said he would protect Mark, he is not calling the plays to do that.

Jeff Gordon: Linehan has had productives offenses as a coordinator when he has had blocking and skill. Right now, he has skill . . . but not so much blocking. The Saints were shorthanded on the D-Line, so the Rams exploited that. The Niners were in better shape and it showed.
    Son_Dee: Jeff,

I hear you about our O line in 3rd and long situations and passing downs. But what about their poor play in short yardage situations? Again we struggled to convert 3rd and shorts.

Thanks goodness Jackson was playing. A few times he was able to make his own hole, but he was still getting hit in the backfield on short yardage situations.

Thanks goodness our D make a few stops of their own on short yardsage plays.

Jeff Gordon: Even the short-yardage running and passing suffered from poor blocking. Bulger had a couple of short-yardage passes tipped and the Niners were pouring through the line to dump Jackson during the second half.
    George: Jeff,

When is Bulger going to learn to check down or throw the ball away instead of taking the sack. By taking the sack the rams are always trying to make 12, 15, 20....

George

Jeff Gordon: This will be a big point of emphasis again this week -- because Bulger won't last much longer holding the ball like that. He took another beating today.
    Gary Staat: I find it hard to believe there aren't any o line people on waivers. Lecky is so small and without some help seriously how can Bulger do anything. Who's our o line coach? I say the bigger the better with strengh for push. Defense played well and didn't go into prevent like last week. Should of blitz more.What you think Jeff?

Jeff Gordon: It's not coaching, it's personnel, When you get into the teens in terms of offensive linemen used, you reach the bottom of the barrel. Good linemen aren't out on the street, looking for jobs.
    virginiatom: Linehan is not the answer, and Haslett is not looking good to take over the reigns. A new coach is needed. Would you look for an offensive or defensive minded coach? Any names you would throw in the hat?

Jeff Gordon: Right now, these guys are it. If the Rams play better with veteran linemen getting back in the mix on offense, Linehan and Haslett will have their chance to earn a third year. Expect huge turnover with perhaps SF and Cincy looking for new coaches, along with other teams. The college ranks will create big openings as well. If the Rams did make a change, they would have a tough time landing a proven winner.
    Mike: Gordo,

I don't know about you, but I was very happy to read Shaw's interview in todays paper, I'm very happy to read that he understands the problems go deeper than just what is happening on the field, and that an overall evaulation of drafting and F/A is addressed. I'm wondering, any ideas on who might be brought in as a GM type, or what the front office might do? And second, how many wins does Linehan need to keep his job?

Jeff Gordon: Quality of play is more important than a set win total. Today's "W" wasn't great, for instance. But Shaw does get the "big picture" problem. A strong football man at GM -- somebody willing to work with Zygmunt as the cap doctor -- would help the Rams find the right sort of mid-priced veteran help to shore this team up next year. That is where a good GM earns his money.
    Mart Reihart: It seem the rams are sitting on the ball why don't coaches go down field the defense has looked great. But why are coaches so seem to be satisfied with three and out especially when know the game is close.

Jeff Gordon: The coaches may have been resigned to it, to some extent, because of the lost trench battle. But they weren't satisfied with it.
    Joe Stafford: Jeff, is it just me, are the Rams just not buying into Linehan's system? They beat on the Saints then almost lose to a woefull Niners team.

Jeff Gordon: The veterans have come to life the last few weeks. The issue is all the temps working up front.
    virginiatom: Any chance of moving Carriker over to defensive end to generate some type of pass rush? Based on this seasons performance on defense, who would you keep for next year and who would you let go for not getting the job done?

Jeff Gordon: He is a run stopper, not a pass rusher. And the run stopping has gone very well. The Rams need to add a pure edge rusher next year.
    kevin: Gordo,do you think these two spectacular wins save Linehan?

Jeff Gordon: Ah, the joys of sarcasm!
    Grimmsta: Assuming we have a top 10 pic in the draft (which we probably will), who's your fist pick, If you had your way?

Jeff Gordon: The OT Long jumped out at you, given Pace's age and injury history and Barron's uneven play.
    Dr. Drew: Jeff -

Great forum for your readers. Thanks for your insight!

Isn't it pretty clear now what the rams need to do? They had no back up tackle going into Game 1 of this year when Stuessie went down and they never saw the importance of a #2 offensive line. Now they are on offensive line number 3. Do you think they have learned their lesson? I am expecting Jackie Slater to suit up any day now. Where is Tom Nutten when you need him?

Dr. Drew

Jeff Gordon: Not many teams have a great fourth tackle. And Goldberg wasn't bad until he, too, got hurt. So when you lose Pace, Steussie AND Goldberg -- along with Incognito, Setterstrom and Romberg inside -- you are stuck. No team has the depth to survive that.
    George: By the way what happened to Timmerman? Could he help?

Jeff Gordon: The coaches thought not. And he didn't land elsewhere, so perhaps they were right.
    Dr. Drew: Good call by Nolan, kicking a field goal when your down by 7. Brilliant! The Rams are horrible but Nolan made Linehan look like a genious today.

Jeff Gordon: Agreed. I didn't see the point of that. The ***** just missed on two plays in the end zone. They had momentum.
    Andy C: Not enought can be said about Steven Jackson's toughness. Kudos to SJ.

Jeff Gordon: Agreed! He was one-on-11 out there.
    Ramschic: If Linehan's future is in any question (and I fear if we win any more it may not be), I hope we aren't considering Jim Haslett. He has never won ANYTHING; in fact, he had a few fairly good Aints teams who folded at the end of seasons. We need a fresh start with an experienced coach. While watching Cowher's Steelers was as boring as they came, he'd bring some pride and a sense of dignity back to this team. I loved the Martz era of airing it out, where even wins were fun to watch, but he lost a Super Bowl for us. I will NEVER forget that! Who do you think the Rams would consider, IF (and that's a big "if") they dump Linehan?

Jeff Gordon: If there was a dynamic head coach with a great resume, they might lose patience with Linehan more quickly. But I would be shocked if Cowher wanted to coach here when other opportunities will be there for him. I wouldn't mind a Schottenheimer father-son thing of this regime imploded.
    Son_Dee: Who gets your game balls? I thought the LBs and Hill impressed. Atogwe (finally) got us the big play that won the game.

Jeff Gordon: I'd say Witherspoon and Jackson. Wouldn't Will be great playing outside all the time?
    Paul of Troy: At the break we all had Linehan fired. Would you care to handicap his odds at this point? Also, even though not his best day, shouldn't Donnie Jones be an All-Pro?

Jeff Gordon: Nobody is punting better than Jones, although it's hard for 2-8 players to get credit. Linehan is still treading water; he needs to sustain a couple more games at the pace this game started at. That would get the veterans excited about building on the second half.

That's the last question -- good night!
    Son_Dee: If we're talking draft I thought DE/LB Gholston outshined Michigan OT Long.

If we're talking college football, how about the Game of the Year Missouri-Kansas to end Thanksgiving week?! Number 2 and 3 in the BCS! There IS good football in the show me state!

Jeff Gordon: And this team could use an active DE/LB too, so you're onto something.

KU and MU in the top 3. Pigs are flying somewhere.

Good night!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Postgame With Gordo

A lot of interesting questions and responses. Some that I thought deserved to be pulled out because of related topics on the board...

dave66rivi: Why did the O get so conservative after getting off to a good start?

Jeff Gordon: When the Rams did try to pass, the O-line caved in or Bulger got caught in a coverage sack. The ***** took away the passing game with pressure and coverage.
    smitty: another great defensive effort today, but the offensive line was awful, but i thought linehan could have called more slant patterns against the *****. your thoughts on the play calling today?

Jeff Gordon: Well, the playcalling was great for a drive. And I did like the heavy workload Jackson got. The O-line fell apart and the assorted RBs missed some blocks, too. To me, this was a case of the blocking breaking down in both the run and pass games. When that happens, playcalling is pretty tough.
    Nick: Is it just me or did the coaches no learn from last week on the benefits of opening up the play-book? Though the Rams won, a 13-9 score against this San Francisco team is anything but convincing. Perhaps last week was an aberration rather than a sign of things to come.

Jeff Gordon: We saw some great stuff early. The playcalling was great for one drive. But, again, the O-line struggle and the overall protection issues underminded what might have been an excellent game plan. A lot of guys were getting beat and/or missing assigments.
    wiramfan: Jeff
    What is this crap!!
    Linehan has no offense all game long, but any coach has an offense that can chew up time and get positive yards!

Did linehan ever see a football game before the Rams hired him?

After the on side kick the Rams needed to run clock get a first down or at the very least don't lose yardage!!!!!

Linehan kept Jackson 8 yards deep on delays? Moron!!!
    Where is the FB? Oh yeah he cut him after week one to bring in his kind of FB.. One who can't block!
    C'mon I have seen enough!
    Awful just awful!

Yeah I'm upset. A couple more wins and the Ram F.O. might keep this clown!!!

What do you think?

Jeff Gordon: Hedgecock really slipped as a blocker here. The Giants may love him, but there was lots of bad tape on him here. His exit wasn't mourned by many at Rams Park.

As for the inability to generate yardage late, you had the right side of the line -- there guys off the street -- getting mauled. It's pretty tough to work around that.
    Gary Staat: I find it hard to believe there aren't any o line people on waivers. Lecky is so small and without some help seriously how can Bulger do anything. Who's our o line coach? I say the bigger the better with strengh for push. Defense played well and didn't go into prevent like last week. Should of blitz more.What you think Jeff?

Jeff Gordon: It's not coaching, it's personnel, When you get into the teens in terms of offensive linemen used, you reach the bottom of the barrel. Good linemen aren't out on the street, looking for jobs.
    virginiatom: Linehan is not the answer, and Haslett is not looking good to take over the reigns. A new coach is needed. Would you look for an offensive or defensive minded coach? Any names you would throw in the hat?

Jeff Gordon: Right now, these guys are it. If the Rams play better with veteran linemen getting back in the mix on offense, Linehan and Haslett will have their chance to earn a third year. Expect huge turnover with perhaps SF and Cincy looking for new coaches, along with other teams. The college ranks will create big openings as well. If the Rams did make a change, they would have a tough time landing a proven winner.
    Ramschic: If Linehan's future is in any question (and I fear if we win any more it may not be), I hope we aren't considering Jim Haslett. He has never won ANYTHING; in fact, he had a few fairly good Aints teams who folded at the end of seasons. We need a fresh start with an experienced coach. While watching Cowher's Steelers was as boring as they came, he'd bring some pride and a sense of dignity back to this team. I loved the Martz era of airing it out, where even wins were fun to watch, but he lost a Super Bowl for us. I will NEVER forget that! Who do you think the Rams would consider, IF (and that's a big "if") they dump Linehan?

Jeff Gordon: If there was a dynamic head coach with a great resume, they might lose patience with Linehan more quickly. But I would be shocked if Cowher wanted to coach here when other opportunities will be there for him. I wouldn't mind a Schottenheimer father-son thing of this regime imploded.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!