throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Practices Closed to Public Indefinitely

Sunday, August 5, 2007

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Rams have closed training camp practice to the public until further notice, the team announced today.

“There is uncertainty as to whether we will practice outside or go indoors because of expected high temperatures and heat indexes this week,” said coach Scott Linehan.

“We are going to proceed cautiously, taking into consideration possible health issues for players and fans.”

A decision will be made daily as to whether the Rams work outdoors on their Russell Training Center practice fields or in the team’s temperature-controlled indoor facility.

Fans were allowed to attend an indoor practice last week but a crowded environment indoors presents safety issues for players and spectators.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Practices Closed to Public Indefinitely

Yessssssssssss. The team is going undercover. That is what you do when you have a secret weapon. Watch out Rammies I am anticipating great excitement in 07!!!

The Rams are 07 sleeper.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Keenum is offline Registered User

That's because we are putting in super secret plays that nobody knows about.

Seriously, that's not a bad thing. I know the fans are a distraction, so the less distractions possible, the better. Gotta get those young O-linemen to concentrate fully on learing their assignments, get our CBs to know when to get off a WR and let the S take over, stuff like that.

Flaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    That's because we are putting in super secret plays that nobody knows about.

Seriously, that's not a bad thing. I know the fans are a distraction, so the less distractions possible, the better. Gotta get those young O-linemen to concentrate fully on learing their assignments, get our CBs to know when to get off a WR and let the S take over, stuff like that.
    I completely agree, although I am bummed not being able to go to camp anymore.

Diesel Jay Guest

My wife and I went to camp on Friday, and were pleasantly surprised when they all ushered us into the practice facility. Now, I feel REALLY lucky!

I'd provide a link to the pics we took, but I don't have (15) posts and can't provide a URL.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I live in the town where the Bengals come for camp and went over there this weekend for their mock game. Skill starters didn't play much, at least on offense(I think Ocho played one or two series). That said, I got somewhat burned up and really hot just watching them so I can only imagine how the players do it. Going inside makes a lot of sense, even if it does mean that fans won't get to go.

Bengals D looked fairly good, but I think that was a product of playing essentially two hand touch, and inept QB's behind Palmer. The defenses got three interceptions, one where the QB threw it at a defensive tackle and he bobbled it a couple times before holding on, one where the pass was behind the receiver and in trying to catch it, he tipped it just so that it stopped in mid air just as a linebacker was coming to it, and one where the CB jumped the route.

Lastly I just want to celebrate, as this is my 100th post!