Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Pre-Season Game 1: Rams vs. Colts Discussion Thread

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Me either.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Pre-Season Game 1: Rams vs. Colts Discussion Thread

I know it's the first pre-season game, but 3-38 just doesn't look good any way you look at it.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

It's a practice game, and with new personel and new coaches, I expected some miscommunication, some blown assignments, etc...

What I didn't want to see was the poor tackling, poor LB and Oline effort. Overall, not much positive to take from this game other than no major injuries.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Actually, I do.
    SOSAR.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Rambos is offline Registered User

I watched a lot of the preseason games so far and yesterday as I was watching the Cincy game, three starters where hurt in what 3 min of play. All I could do was hope we don't see that Sunday. Looks like we are coming out clean.

We have work to do no doubt... The O line is truly a major concern (it was coming in). Everything else I can live with.

3rd string o-line is getting bullied around by the Colt's back-ups.

DieHard23 is offline Registered User

Just curious really what's giving people the impression that Bradford did "well" today? He completed a bunch of sub-ten-yard passes that any quarterback at any level should be able to make. His deep throw down the sideline was out of bounds, and he had a terrible 4th down miss. He passed for just 57 yards.

He didn't make any big mistakes and I know our o-line looks as terrible as ever, but I think it's fair to expect our third-year 1st overall pick franchise quarterback to look even a little bit better than average, even given the new offense.

I guess it's just a little embarrassing/maddening how convincingly he got outplayed by Andrew Luck.

Nyghtewynd Guest

Agree totally. I'm starting to think that the Rams may be players in the Barkley lottery. Bradford is creeping stealthily into a combination of Kevin Kolb but-he's-really-talented and Tim Tebow he-wasn't-THAT-bad. None of those throws should have been a challenge that he completed, he missed a couple of head-scratchers, and wasn't close to ever making a challenging throw. Terrible season debut for a stagnant QB.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard23 View Post
    Just curious really what's giving people the impression that Bradford did "well" today? He completed a bunch of sub-ten-yard passes that any quarterback at any level should be able to make. His deep throw down the sideline was out of bounds, and he had a terrible 4th down miss. He passed for just 57 yards.

He didn't make any big mistakes and I know our o-line looks as terrible as ever, but I think it's fair to expect our third-year 1st overall pick franchise quarterback to look even a little bit better than average, even given the new offense.

I guess it's just a little embarrassing/maddening how convincingly he got outplayed by Andrew Luck.
    I have to agree with this. Bradford was just average today. His performance could have been mirrored by any QB in the league. Quick, short passes are expected to be made.

Comparing Bradford to Luck, I have to say Luck looks more comfortable in the pocket and Luck's footwork is better.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Seriously? This game was Bradfords fault people? The online was putrid. He was pressured on every snap (I think, literally.) He stood in the pocket and made throws as he was getting hit.. All of the things to b!tch about in this game he should be near the bottom

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Thank heavens none of our key players were injured.
    Rambos likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard23 View Post

You got one thing right... I know our o-line looks as terrible as ever. 7-9 behind this line is a good day IMO. He got hit right in the face on the deep ball he missed on. The one bad pass was the 4th down ball that was bad.

I thought he looked sharp for the most part he was not 100% which I guess is your exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Seriously? This game was Bradfords fault people? The online was putrid. He was pressured on every snap (I think, literally.) He stood in the pocket and made throws as he was getting hit.. All of the things to b!tch about in this game he should be near the bottom

Calm down feller...no one is blaming Bradford for the game. All that is being said is that he did not have a "solid" day.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Holy crap! The season has started already?! You mean we're 0-1?

Oh, wait.....this was just preseason? Well, then I guess we're still 0-0 then aren't we?
    Rambos likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moravcik69 is offline Registered User

It's preseason, yes it was dire, but it's the first preseason game. If the Colts are thinking they're world beaters after that, then remember when the buccs used to regularly go 4-1, 4-0 in preseason and then be 2-14. Its just preseason.
    (although I would take Luck off their hands right now!)