Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Pre-season question...

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Pre-season question...

With the new offense and plenty of young players do you think we will see the starters stay in longer during the pre-season games?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Pre-season question...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    With the new offense and plenty of young players do you think we will see the starters stay in longer during the pre-season games?
    I asked the same question of Jim Thomas in this morning's chat, but he never responded. My guess is that if our O-line has not gelled enough in Spag's estimation, we will see Sam in only one series - if it appears they can protect Sam, maybe two. Clearly Sam could use the reps as he is learning a new offense, but given there are 3 more preseason games after Indy, Spags will likely err the side of caution. I believe the O-line starters will play at least the first half and maybe a bit more. Steven Jackson may not even get a touch. I believe Williams and Norwood will see plenty of action in the first half along with whatever receivers are healthy enough to go. Kendricks and Hoomanavanui should see plenty of first half action along with Bajema providing they stay healthy throughout this week's practices.

On defense, we'll probably get a long look at Muir and Bannan at DT along with Cudjo; I'd guess we know what we have with Robbins and Scott at DT so they'll likely get less reps. If guys like Long, Laurinaitis, Hall, Mikel, and Fletcher play well early - they'll likely get an early hook. The defense isn't learning a new system, so I'd expect the starters to give way to backups relatively early on if they acquit themselves well. It will be very interesting to see how much playing time they give Quinn though. If he is healthy enough (big if), he should see plenty of action .. Well there's my two cents anyway ...
    Rambunctious likes this.