Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Preseason or Not, That was ugly.

I am having concerns about our 1st string O. What was that BS?
    I understand the whole "This is only the preseason" argument, but c'mon! S.D.'s 1st stringers looked cohesive, ours did not. Starters looked like crap against Chicago, too. With the exception of Jackson and Holt, that is.

Marc, Marc, Marc! Eat your Wheaties, Dude! Drink a RedBull! DO SOMETHING that DOESN'T look like crap! Try throwing to OUR guys, eh?

Can our starting D stop the run? I don't know, let's ask L.T., hmmm? Or his BACKUP! What was that?

Special Teams? You mean the kids on the short bus? Yeah, right. Liga-who-ski?

Maybe I'm the victim of overly high expectations. Or maybe I'm being way too hard on our boys, too early, but I was hoping for fewer painful moments this early. San Diego was embarrassing, in my eyes.

Perhaps in a few days I can see the bright spots, but right now I'm just disgusted. Sorry guys.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Preseason or Not, That was ugly.

I feel the same way you do SciDog,but I have to keep in mind the bright spots or I'll go psycho.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Please read the post I made in response to moklerman.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    I feel the same way you do SciDog,but I have to keep in mind the bright spots or I'll go psycho.
    I know it, man. My wife is trying everything to bust me out of this Funk, but Damn! Wazzup?!?! You Boys gotta give us SOMETHING, eh?:sad:

Hooah

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    Marc, Marc, Marc! Eat your Wheaties, Dude! Drink a RedBull! DO SOMETHING that DOESN'T look like crap! Try throwing to OUR guys, eh?
    I'd say completing 71% of his passes for over 8.5 yards an attempt and two touchdowns looked great, not like crap. That INT was basically a freak play in which Faulk didn't bring the ball in and it popped up.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'd say completing 71% of his passes for over 8.5 yards an attempt and two touchdowns looked great, not like crap. That INT was basically a freak play in which Faulk didn't bring the ball in and it popped up.
    Over the course of the last two games, Marc's play has left a bad taste in my mouth. Based on his performances, the Big Picture, an extrapolation of his performance over the course of the last 8 quarters of football do not fill me with feelings of comfort. Having said that, I must say that I have been, and continue to be, a Bulger fan and supporter. I'm just waiting for the "Spark" that seems to be missing, que no?

Hooah

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    Over the course of the last two games, Marc's play has left a bad taste in my mouth. Based on his performances, the Big Picture, an extrapolation of his performance over the course of the last 8 quarters of football do not fill me with feelings of comfort. Having said that, I must say that I have been, and continue to be, a Bulger fan and supporter. I'm just waiting for the "Spark" that seems to be missing, que no?
    Before the interception, Bulger was boasting a QB rating well over 140. Please, give the man some credit. He had a very strong outting today, bouncing back nicely after a rusty first game versus Chicago. To say he's leaving a bad taste in your mouth after this game just baffles me. The defense, sure, that is something to be concerned about. But Bulger? Please.

Maybe you're not feeling good about it because you cite the last eight quarters of play, though Bulger has only played in, what, three of those?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I cant believe anyone has a problem with bulger. Take away the int at the end and he had a terrific half. The int hit faulk in the hands, cant blame that on bulger. He was completely under siege and had no time for the first three series. Look at the numbers, how can you say "try throwing it to our own guys"

If you want to express concerns about

a) the offensive line
    b) no run defense
    c) no pass rush

that makes sense because the ones got beat pretty good in those areas, but i cant believe you could think that bulger is the problem. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater! Rule #1, you cant throw from flat on your ass and thats basically where bulger was in the first couple of series. No reason to assume we wouldnt have scored 30 points offensively in that game and that is NOT a bad game by the qb. The defense on the other hand was just awful.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Okay, Okay.... Marc didn't look THAT bad, I just expected so much more out of our 1's, that's all. And our vertical game was not good enough to counter act the horrendousness of everyone else. O-line was atrocious and D mailed it in.

I will concede, however, that Marc was not our weak spot. I must have been expecting more Magic from the guy, that's all.

Did not mean to O-Fend.

Hooah

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

I had much higher expectations for our defense this year. I thought we had plugged all the holes and fixes our weak points. I know it's only a preseason game, but I hope they are the force I thought they'd be and not what they looked like against SD.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Kurt, the truth will most likely be somewhere in between. We wont be as bad as we were today, but are unlikely to be a "force" unless we improve quite a bit. A huge key will be our ability to create turnovers and play well in the red zone. These two factors make a big difference since giving up yardage doesnt count per se on the scoreboard.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Kurt, the truth will most likely be somewhere in between. We wont be as bad as we were today, but are unlikely to be a "force" unless we improve quite a bit. A huge key will be our ability to create turnovers and play well in the red zone. These two factors make a big difference since giving up yardage doesnt count per se on the scoreboard.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Very nicely put. Although we all still feel a little worried about how are boys did today, seeing how they will perform next week will be key. If the lions come close to what the Chargers did to us today, well then it's time for us to really start to worry.

As always...

GO RAMS!!! :clanram:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Bulger Looked Good,just Like Marc Bulger, But The Detroit Game Will Be A Nice Test For The Cant Stop Your Grandmother Defense Of The Rams,i Think The Lions Have Really Nice Back In Kevin Jones(i Think That Is His Name)

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

since giving up yardage doesnt count per se on the scoreboard.
    Not quite, but just about. Give up enough yardage and you'll give up plenty points.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know what the record of a team that went undefeated in preseason is at the start of the season?

0-0. If the Rams are going to lay an egg, I'd rather it be done in August.

Also, sci used the word extrapolation. Is that legal here at clanram?

LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast