Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moklerman Guest

Re: Preseason or Not, That was ugly.

I was ready to comment on Bulger after another shaky start but then he pulled it together. To me, the pass to Faulk was a mistake by Bulger in that he forced it. The pass was accurate, but Faulk was blanketed and even had he caught it he would have been tackled for a loss. I don't know what, if any, options Bulger had but throwing it away would have been the best choice if Faulk was the only receiver in the pattern.

Now, on to an actual concern. The Rams offense didn't start moving until they abandoned the run. Bulger got into a nice rhythm for a while but pass happy isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. I mentioned this thought in a different thread and it worries me that the Rams are just treading water. I don't expect the offense to commit to the running game but I did think they would leeeaaan that way just a skosh. The defense looks as bad as ever. The RT spot is still, currently, a problem. The running game only seems effective when it's catching the defense by surprise. Everything seems the same as it has since 2002 or maybe longer. That's what worries me about the Rams.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Preseason or Not, That was ugly.

The Rams offense didn't start moving until they abandoned the run. Bulger got into a nice rhythm for a while but pass happy isn't going to get it done in the playoffs.
    One thing to consider is we didn't have all our starters on the O line, and the Chargers starting D is very good against the run. I did see SJ make some nice runs in the second quarter. I'm not worried about the ground game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12