laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Preseason: To play or not to play?

So we lost another game, another game we had control of and let it fumble away.

We racked up a ton of yards on offense but didn't score enough touchdowns. After all the focus this offseason on improving our "REDZONE" attack. Let's bring in Bennett and McMichael their size and abilities will help score more TD's in the Redzone instead of settling for all the fieldgoals.

Well here's my opinion on why that's not happening yet? That's right yet. It's coming, it's going to take some time though. My opinion is that McMichael and Bennett didn't get enough snaps with the starters during the preseason. How are they supposed to fit in and create the chemistry with Bulger? Oh, they're doing that now during the regular season. Unfortunately Bennett is 1 game behind McMichael.

Yesterdays game against the Whiners spells it out pretty clearly. Marc Bulger was under pressure all game long because of the o-line issues we have, that's a given.

Here's a comparison of the passes Bulger threw to Holt, Bruce, Bennett and McMichael.

Bulger to:

Holt- 6 times, 5 catches (2 of 3 on deep passes)
    Bruce- 13 times, 8 catches (4 of 6 on deep passes)

Bennett- 8 times, 3 catches (all short passes)
    McMichael- 6 times, 2 catches (1 of 1 on deep passes)

My point is that Bulger has the "Chemistry" with the Holt and Bruce and vice versa. Bennett and McMichael aren't there yet.

I know we are all very concerned about preseason injuries and I'm with eveyone on that.

Bennett and McMichael have done basically squat in our first 2 games and we still had a good shot at winning both of those games. What if they were more up to speed with our starters especially Bulger? Maybe just maybe instead of leading both games 13-7, we might have been up 17-7 or 21-7???

Thoughts???

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Preseason: To play or not to play?

So no one has an opinion on the amount of time new additions should play in the preseason?