Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pressure Warner

  1. #1
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    17

    Pressure Warner

    We can't have this guy looking pretty in the pocket. In order to alter that passing game we need to "BRING IT" effectively from everyone on every play. We can't be afraid to blitz. He needs to know that someone is in the back field every play. Hit him every chance we get. They say that Haslette is one of the hardest to predict when it comes to blitzing? well this is the game he's gonna have to deploy the troops!!! Every angle, whatever possible way. I think it was the Jets that sacked him 5 times and Warner threw up 3 INT's for a loss this season. That's all the evidence we need and i believe it'll work.

    Yes i know, easier said then done. But it can happen if we want it more than they do. There's also the 12th man and if stl. can get loud enough, then Warner is already sacked. RAAAMS BABY!!!


  2. #2
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,250
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Pressure Warner

    Warner has been pretty solid at handling pressure this year, so the guys up front have got to get to him and lay some hits before he lets go of the ball, otherwise it could be a long afternoon.

    As far as blitzing, the last few weeks with Venturi calling things has really made a difference and I expect more good things today.

  3. #3
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Pressure Warner

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Warner has been pretty solid at handling pressure this year, so the guys up front have got to get to him and lay some hits before he lets go of the ball, otherwise it could be a long afternoon.

    As far as blitzing, the last few weeks with Venturi calling things has really made a difference and I expect more good things today.
    he can be rAttled and guess who has done it before? right haslett!
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  4. #4
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Pressure Warner

    We elected to go with a more Hands Off approach in regards to defense today and it seemed to work out well.

    Pressure? We don't need no stinkin' pressure!!!

  5. #5
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Pressure Warner

    I read where Warner was the #1 rated QB in the NFL against the blitz, so the key is probably not pressure, but being able to get to him with the front four, which we did not do today.

    That Cards O-line has gotten a bit better since a few years ago when they were downright horrible.

  6. #6
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Pressure Warner

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I read where Warner was the #1 rated QB in the NFL against the blitz, so the key is probably not pressure, but being able to get to him with the front four, which we did not do today.

    That Cards O-line has gotten a bit better since a few years ago when they were downright horrible.

    You know what else he's good against? No blitzing. 24/34 for 342 yds and 2 TDs.

  7. #7
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Pressure Warner

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    You know what else he's good against? No blitzing. 24/34 for 342 yds and 2 TDs.
    Sure seemed that way, didn't it? I thought for sure we'd run a few, if not several, all out blitzes on him. I guess Haslett was afraid to do so, but it sure wouldn't have hurt it seems now.

  8. #8
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Pressure Warner

    Boy did we NOT bring it or what? Who's dumbass idea was it to just let him throw all day? We shoulda just put lazy boyz out there for the D to sit back and watch the show!!!

Similar Threads

  1. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -05-17-2005, 12:40 AM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: -07-01-2004, 09:49 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -06-18-2004, 10:23 AM
  5. Interesting Takes From Warner & Coughlin
    By r8rh8rmike in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -06-10-2004, 11:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •