Thread: Pride

peramoure is offline Registered User

Pride

I think for those of us who post on this board (I myself post irregularly butread frequently), this is a pretty amazing time for us. I don't put the Rams up on a podium above my personal life and I don't spend hours a week reading about the Rams, but I do watch the games, I do pay attention, and I can name every player, starters and reserves. ;-

I love the Rams. I'm 26, I grew up in LA, and my dad had a serious anger problem. Every time the Rams lost he would punch a hole through the wall or kick a cupboard door. The worst of it all was when the ***** came to town - I knew as a little kid that the ***** meant a grumpy dad later in the day. I didn't know Joe Montana or Jerry Rice as a 5 year old, but I grew up to know them well. As my dad's football expertise and attention level faded, my attention level rose to incredible heights. As an 8 year old I would get the team address from Beckett Magazine and would mail playing cards in for autographs. Jim Everett wrote me back and signed. Bettis, Bruce, Flipper Anderson, Kevin Greene. I have many other teams, but those Rams were important to me.

The point of this note is that the past 7 or 8 years have sucked. My best friend is a Seahawks fan, and I live in Dallas, Texas.

But something has changed. My girlfriend got back in town last night and smiled and said "The Rams won!". My neighbor stopped me to yell "YOUR TEAM WON DUDE!". My dad called to talk about how we beat the Seahawks - and that is important to me.

People know I'm a Rams fun. They didn't typically rub it in my face when we won 1 or 2 games a year but they share my pleasure and satisfaction that my team is (so far) competetive. That is what sports is about - that is what being a Rams fan means to me.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Pride

I honestly feel the exact same way. Everyone would give me a little crap every now and then for being a Rams fan, but now my friends are just as excited as I am that we are playing good football.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

I live in NC, a lot of my friends are panthers fans...its been nice so far this year compared to the last few...Or ever since the 2OT came should I say

richtree is offline Registered User

Sea-chickens stink!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I am in the same boat I am a die hard rams fans and dedicate a few hours of reading about them every week and have sunday ticket so I watch them every week. As much as I can that is.

I missed the game vs. the seahawks for a friends daughters baptism and it was killing me missing the game, but friends and family are more important.

I also have friends being happy for me when the Rams win and they are trully respectful now of the Rams.

What will insult some of you is the following, my brother is a ***** fan not cool....but he has even admitted to me that he loves the way they are rebuilding this team which warms my heart.

Through thick and thin I have said it before and will say it again I am in it for life I am not a bandwaggon jumper but I welcome then as fans in what I call the Rams fans brotherhood and sisterhood. I will always wear my Steven Jackson Jersey with Pride.

All of my friends and familly are either ***** fans or Bills fans or Cowboy fans; so getting respect from them finally is just amazing.

I am really starting to believe in this team and have never lost faith in Billy D or Spags. This team is headed in the right direction and the future looks very promising.

Go Rams 2010

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

The Rams are very very important to me. After my family, friends and the big guy upstairs, they mean the world to me. They are more than just a football team, they are part of my life. "IT" runs, very very very deep. I remember Anaheim stadium being half full of ***** fans, which would make me VERY angry. Fast forward to 2010, I'm 40yrs old, and I still HATE the ***** and the Rams have 1 Lombardi trophy under their belt. I can die in peace.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    The Rams are very very important to me. After my family, friends and the big guy upstairs, they mean the world to me. They are more than just a football team, they are part of my life. "IT" runs, very very very deep. I remember Anaheim stadium being half full of ***** fans, which would make me VERY angry. Fast forward to 2010, I'm 40yrs old, and I still HATE the ***** and the Rams have 1 Lombardi trophy under their belt. I can die in peace.
    Same as me, except I am young. I love them. There a much bigger part of my life than just a football team.... That is why I am extremely proud of being a Rams fan right now!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

My dad's a Steelers fan and he knew how it was like being in the bottom of the sewers where they've had to pin all their hopes to Terry Bradshaw only to build an eventual dynasty. He sees the same for the Rams today, doesn't matter what team my family supports as long as they stay true to them and that's the definition of team pride right there.