Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Prisco: Faulk out of shape and unwanted?

I think Marshall should go to all the camps and make his decision after th preseason.... maybe... if Jackson gets injuried or if he isnt really doing well in the preseason, Faulk should stay just in case the Rams need a more experience guy, if Faulk sees that Jackson, Tony Fisher are doing good, he might want to retire, cuz hes gotten a Superbowl ring, MVP, Offence Player of the year i think, and he's like in the top 15's for rushing, i think... I'd say, thats a GREAT career.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

he's like in the top 15's for rushing, i think... I'd say, thats a GREAT career.
    To be exact, he's....

Rushes: 13th
    Rushing yards: 9th
    Rushing TDs: 6th
    Receptions: 16th (2nd among RBs)
    Yards from scrimmage: 4th
    Rush/Receive TDs: 4th

And yea, that's a heck of a career.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't think Faulk was an MVP, Warner beat him out of it in 2001

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I don't think Faulk was an MVP, Warner beat him out of it in 2001
    But he did win in 2000, yea?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Aquitted Killer is offline Registered User

Prisco's is a non story. Marshsall will be there on opening day, waiting to get his call and will confidently and effortlessly put all naysayers to rest while embarissing defenders. I do believe however that Faulk should go to the camps. If he can't practice than for no other reason than to hang out with the guys and show some expieriance and commrodery. That being said, he's Marshall Faulk. If he'd rather play golf, then let him.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Well Well Well , Faulk is not a rookie he knows right were he needs to be , He may not have what he once had but in my book I would rather have Faulk than most in the NFL WHY one might say? Well: 1)He is one of the smartest players in the NFL by far 2) I don't know of many players past or present that would have done what Marshall has done for the our TEAM in past years 3) He still can make other players from other teams miss miss and miss 4) The leadership that he brings and smarts makes him in my mind worth every penny ... Now I understand the phrase "what have you done for us lately" In my mind leadership leadership leadership and as far as a pet M.M. I know for a fact that Marshall was very upset with alot of things the last two years (The way things were going) ... I know this one side of ones opinion , I personally have never put much stock in these type of reports as they tend to start _ _ _ _ that does not need to be started ...
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -06-02-2006 at 12:26 PM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Your comment that faulk is just dead money right now is beyond comprehension. Whether faulk is or is not in shape right now is not particularly relevant to me and i dont see why it would be to anyone else either. There is no evidence to suggest that faulk wont be ready to go when the season starts. He add considerable value to the team from both a leadership perspective and an experience perspective, in addition to still having plenty left to contribute on a back up and third down basis. I see no evidence to suggest he cant play and contribute. I would love to hear the reason that someone would conclude that he cant contribute at this point.

Past his prime now means that we dont want a guy on the team? Thats a reason to let bruce, faulk, etc just leave, simply because they are no longer as good as they were? Do you let a guy go and take the salary cap hit simply because his best days are behind him. exactly how does that make sense. Please respond with some actual rationale that bears on some form of a discussion rather than the usual sweeping generalization.

I dont recall ramsfan16 posting that he wouldnt mind seeing isaac bruce leave because his best days were behind him at the time he was cut. I also dont recall seeing him post at any point saying that faulk was nothing but "dead money". All of a sudden, based on one report by pete prisco, faulk is now just dead money.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, notwithstanding the fact that your opinion appears to change with the wind on some of these guys.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Good post GC.

I do recall RF16 posting that Bruce can go, he's older etc.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    From Pete Prisco
    New coach Scott Linehan has made it clear that Steven Jackson will be the team's top running back.
    Actually Faulk made that clear last year when he gave up his spot to Jackson, Prisco you fool.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12