Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Prisco says OJ Atogwe is the NFL's most underrated player.

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    dont get me wrong , i love atogwa and what he did last year but when i start thinking about his play on the field there is a huge void he is missing, if you watch defensive backs such as ed reed, ronde barber, troy poloamalu and adrian wilson they have this ball hawk type attiude and when i say that i mean even if they are playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and the offense runs a handoff to the RB, those type of players shoot to the ball carrier like a jet, hit the legs and take the ball carrier out like yesterdays trash, rarely missing, i think that is the only thing atogwa lacks is that ball hawk tenacity and he some times comes up on the short end of the stick when it comes to one on one tackling. and until he puts fear into an opposing offnese he ill lack recognition
    There are 2 types of ball hawks the ones that pick the ball off and the ones that hit. OJ is a beast ball hawk in the passing sense and he is pretty good and not a terrible tackler I believe he finished top 5 on the team. If a guy like Roy Williams can hit, but couldn't cover an old lady with 2 broken legs playing with semi retarded gorilla at quarterback, but OJ can tie for the lead in picks and get good tacking numbers and not make the pro bowl is garbage IMO. Hopefully he get his props and makes it this year with good numbers

Will51 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    There are 2 types of ball hawks the ones that pick the ball off and the ones that hit. OJ is a beast ball hawk in the passing sense and he is pretty good and not a terrible tackler I believe he finished top 5 on the team. If a guy like Roy Williams can hit, but couldn't cover an old lady with 2 broken legs playing with semi retarded gorilla at quarterback, but OJ can tie for the lead in picks and get good tacking numbers and not make the pro bowl is garbage IMO. Hopefully he get his props and makes it this year with good numbers

im not taking nothing away from atogwa, yes he got his int's in 08 and yes he had a fair amount of tackles, but in the passin game he is not as superb as his stats, i believe half of his int's were floating ducks and he is rarely ever asked to cover a reciever one on one, and i my self seen him miss alot of tackles in the open field, yes he is good and i would have loved to see him in the pro bowl, im just pointing out why he is not recognized by others around the league

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If you're going to question Bulger, red-zone efficiency is not the area to do it. He's been stellar his entire career inside the opponents 20. Even last year with all the problems, he still managed to have great stats in the red-zone.

Here are his numbers the last 3 years:

2007 - 64.7 Comp % / 9 TD's / 2 INT's / 88.8 Rating

2006 - 59.5 Comp % / 21 TD's / 0 INT's / 108.1 Rating

2005 - 63.6 Comp % / 19 TD's / 6 INT's / 114.1 Rating

You can go to NFL.com and check out Bulger's situational stats and see that he's off the charts in every other year of his career in the red-zone.
    Thanks H8tr I'm so tired of trying to argue with people about Bulger who shoot themselves in the foot like his redzone effenciency sucks. Well I guess your post pretty much shuts up that arguement. Even in his worst year as a pro he still was efficient in the redzone. Well Yoda what else would you like to be proven wrong. Also if you think Grossman and Leaf would have succeeded in this offense last year your insane. Leaf couldnt have succeeded in any offense which is why he is now a college qb coach. Grossman plays behind a good line and cant succeed. Please come to the table with a valid arguement the red zone efficiency statement is a losing one. I'm done with the Bulger debate he is our QB and he is a top 10 qb.
    Just Fix It

live4ramin is online now Registered User

For Bulger to recieve a concussion from a 30 or 40 yard pass from someone not a reciever or QB is pure irony.
    "The horror"

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Thanks H8tr I'm so tired of trying to argue with people about Bulger who shoot themselves in the foot like his redzone effenciency sucks. Well I guess your post pretty much shuts up that arguement. Even in his worst year as a pro he still was efficient in the redzone. Well Yoda what else would you like to be proven wrong. Also if you think Grossman and Leaf would have succeeded in this offense last year your insane. Leaf couldnt have succeeded in any offense which is why he is now a college qb coach. Grossman plays behind a good line and cant succeed. Please come to the table with a valid arguement the red zone efficiency statement is a losing one. I'm done with the Bulger debate he is our QB and he is a top 10 qb.
    rammiser and r8rh8rmike, i checked the Bulger red-zone numbers and you're right. It sure seemed like we failed to punch it in for 6 in the last couple of years. Man, my foot is sore! And rammiser, the Grossman/Leaf comment was just a joke. Ease up.
    Oh, and while i'm eating humble pie, i apologize for derailing this thread. I think Atogwe is a very good player with the potential to be extremely good. In my "humble" opinion, he needs to tackle better and "read" better. And i think he will. Not that he's TERRIBLE at tackling but it is a fundamental that's usually honed well before going into the pros. Taking proper angles, the approach, the finish .......etc. I think his ability to read is good and is rewarded with picks here and there but his cavalier commitment to a quick decision also costs us at times.
    Overall, i believe he's a plus for us and will improve.

RAM ON!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -06-02-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123