Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PRO BOWL- A Colossal joke

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

PRO BOWL- A Colossal joke

The Pro Bowl hasn't been any good for quite some time, but I just thought I'd point out that its an even BIGGER joke the Rams weren't deemed worthy enough to get even one guy on there as a back up. Jason Pierre-Paul (5.5 sacks) makes it but neither Long (11.5) nor Quinn (10.5) receive a whiff. Guess James Laurinaitis and his 184 tackles count for nothing, as does janoris jenkins and his 4 defensive TDs. SJ's 8th consec. 1000 yard season means zero.
    Pro Bowl and its voters ridiculous.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: PRO BOWL- A Colossal joke

I dont particularly care that no Rams made it, but the Pro Bowl is a joke.. How did Patrick Peterson get in before Richard Sherman who was clearly the BEST CB in all of the NFL this year? How did Jeff Saturday get in when he GOT BENCHED FOR SUCKING!? How did Donte Whitner get in? I can name you about 5 SS that are more deserving. How did Haloti Ngata get in? How did (Initially) Henry Melton and Gerald McCoy not get in? How did Jermon Bushrod get in? He was TERRIBLE this year! How did Clay Matthews get in, he missed half the frickin year!!? How did Eric Berry get in this year? He was horrendous! Nothing like he used to be pre-acl tear.

And thats just over the course of one year. I think they should come out with a system where they announce who would receive the vote to go (Sort of like an All-Pro selection), but not actually have the game. Not only is the game itself a complete joke and waste of time and money, the selection process is abysmal. Its actually SAD that the fans are so dumb, and THAT PERSONNEL PEOPLE ARE JUST AS STUPID! If you dont know anything, DONT VOTE. I dont care much for fans, because without us there is NO NFL, but HOW can somebody in the league be so clueless? Its beyond ridiculous.

CANCEL THE PRO BOWL!
    UK Ramfan 83 and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

How did Eric Berry get in this year? He was horrendous! Nothing like he used to be pre-acl tear.
    That's odd. When discussing RG3's injury, didn't you say that players with ligament tears actually come back stronger after surgery?
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

The Pro Bowl used to be somewhat cool back in the day- a chance to see your favorite players in a unique setting before the days of NFL Ticket, Red Zone and the proliferation of various sports only networks. The game has simply become irrelevant. The players themselves don't take it seriously. The money associated with the game and the risk of injury in an exhibition renders the game useless. They should get rid of it.

My argument stems from a basic belief: If you're going to have it, it must have some legitimacy behind it. When a 2-14 team like KC gets 5 guys in and not one Ram is deemed worthy enough to get in as a back-up in some cases a 4th or 5th choice behind injured/ineligible guys, it's beyond disgraceful and insulting.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-22-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Say what you want about it, but as long as idiots pay to watch it and its still worthwhile for the nfl it will go on. Only way to change it is to boycott the whole thing.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Not gunna lie I was really disappointed Ryan Kerrigan became the alternate in the pro bowl to Justin Smith but the game is what it is.

The game is for the fans so let them decide who they want in it...We have to understand the Rams are not a very popular team at the moment and they dont get the same press east coast teams do. So when it comes to league-wide popularity lets just keep winning every year.

No the pro bowl should not be canceled as long as the NFL get millions of votes every year and sells out the stadium its a business its going to happen and no they should not cancel it...

As long as the game has no competitive value it is strictly for the fans and for the Rams to get some players in there all we need to do is keep winning games
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

The game is also for (admittedly some) of the players. It's a vacation in Hawaii and an opportunity to play in an all-star game they love. Some of the players bring their families with them to enjoy themselves.

The voting stinks and the rules of the game stinks, but as someone else mentioned, as long as money keeps coming in they'll keep playing the game.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Watching an extra point being kicked tells me everything I need to know about the Pro Bowl.

The game is nothing more than a televised (money making) event for the NFL, with players being picked who are perceived to bring in maximum viewership.

Actually, Roger Godell has already spoken on this topic. He said if the quality of play doesn't pick up he is going to cancel it, which I frankly hope he does.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    That's odd. When discussing RG3's injury, didn't you say that players with ligament tears actually come back stronger after surgery?
    Yes, their ACL's do come back stronger.. That has nothing to do with his actual play itself. He even admitted that he did horrible this year, and stated that missing that whole year of football it made him feel like he was a rookie again this year... Nothing to do with the actual leg itself.

THE DREAM TEAM

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Actually, Roger Godell has already spoken on this topic. He said if the quality of play doesn't pick up he is going to cancel it, which I frankly hope he does.
    Translation: If the revenue doesn't pick up, he's going to cancel it.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

While I'd like to see deserving players like Long and Laurinaitis receive more recognition, the Pro Bowl strikes me as just one more opportunity to get injured.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's clarify - he said they could cancel the game itself, but not the voting process that has some frustrated...

"If we cannot accomplish that kind of standard (of high play), I am inclined to not play it," Goodell said. "It is really tough to force competition, and after a long season, to ask those guys to go out and play at the same level they played is really tough."

The league still would select a Pro Bowl team through voting by players, coaches and fans, because it is an honor, but "just not play the game," he said.
    Roger Goodell says NFL could drop Pro Bowl - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Let's clarify - he said they could cancel the game itself, but not the voting process that has some frustrated...

Roger Goodell says NFL could drop Pro Bowl - ESPN
    I wouldn't be too mad at that. If you look at one of my previous posts on this thread I said I'd like if they could still vote for some sort of award (like an All-pro selection) but not play the game. The voting itself would still be moronic I assume. I want to see how they work the All-pro selections because those actually make sense and are a true honour.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't be too mad at that. If you look at one of my previous posts on this thread I said I'd like if they could still vote for some sort of award (like an All-pro selection) but not play the game. The voting itself would still be moronic I assume. I want to see how they work the All-pro selections because those actually make sense and are a true honour.
    So despite calling the selection process abysmal and saying it would still be moronic even if they got rid of the game, you're in favor of keeping it. Makes total sense.

IMO, just get rid of the Pro Bowl altogether. Both the game and the voting are jokes, and the Associated Press All-Pro selections are more meaningful.

If that's not feasible for the league from a fan outreach or PR standpoint, then promote three different votes: one by the fans (the "Fan Favorites" or whatever you want to call it), one by the players/coaches (the "All-League Team" or something), and the existing All-Pro team by the press as the top accolade.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast