Thread: Pro Bowl Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Pro Bowl Rams

If Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson dont go to the pro bowl then its officially a joke. Yes Brees will be the starter at QB for the NFC, but Bulger should be the second guy on everyones ballot. And i can only think of Frank Gore in the NFC that is anywhere near Jackson right now.

Torry Holt is going to need a good end to the season to get there, but his early season form could give him some of the vote. But its unlikely.

Leonard Little could get there. He is up there in the sack race. But i feel Little's past could work against him, especially with the public vote.

Pace would have probably got there on name alone if he wasnt injured, but even then he probably shouldnt have.

Jeff Wilkins has currently made the most field goals in the NFL. However with the way Robbi Gould has been kicking i cant see Jeff getting into the pro bowl.

What do you think clanram?

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: Pro Bowl Rams

I think Bulger and Jackson should be locks. As far as Holt, I think he is tied for TD receptions and reputation should mean something. That being said, Roy Williams will go ahead of him, Steve Smith will go ahead of him, and Donald Driver will go ahead of him. I think that only leaves 1 spot, which will leave Holt, Boldin, and D. Jackson to fight for. But of course with injuries and some people simply not wanting to go, it could open the door a little wider. That's all the Rams I see going.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd be surprised if Bulger doesn't make it, and Jackson deserves to, too. However, Jackson could get edged by Tiki, Gore, and Chester Taylor if people vote based solely on stats. Their numbers are even more impressive considering the state of the offensive line.

I think Holt has a decent chance, but there is a lot of competition for those receiver spots right now. I'd say Steve Smith is the only lock for a spot at WR right now because he has numbers and name recognition. I think Marques Colston is also a definite possibility if he gets healthy, and so is TO in addition to the other names BigGameMN mentioned.

I don't think Little's past will hurt him that much. He has made the Pro Bowl before. I think there is a good chance he will make it again.

I think Wilkins is a possibility, but Josh Brown's numerous game winners might have earned him enough publicity. He's only about three field goals back from Wilkins anyway, and clutch performance counts for a lot with kickers. If we were winning, I think Turk might have a shot as punter because his numbers are extremely good, but since we're losing it's unlikely anyone else in the league is aware of that fact.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I cant see Jackson being edged by Tiki, Tiki only has one TD so far this year, and i believe Jackson has 8. Jackson has far superior receiving numbers then every NFC RB except Reggie Bush, and Jackson is third in rushing yards right now.

Marion Barber has 11 TDs, and Brandon Jacobs has 8, but they dont have the yardage to be going to the pro bowl.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Leonard Little is the best player on the team and he deserves to go to the probowl. Bulger and Jackson deserve to go as well. Other than that, no one else deserves to go. Holt has made some great plays, but he has had some big drops as well. I wouldnt be surprised if he went based on reputation, but i dont see it this year objectively. Now, if josh brown doesnt make the 53 yard field goal in the first seattle game our entire season would have been different and the holt catch would have been the turning point.

ramming speed to all

general counsel