Thread: Pro Bowl Voting

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Pro Bowl Voting

I just submitted my ballot. But, I had a problem.

I voted an all-Rams ticket, of course (therefore I placed it Rams Talk), except for one vote.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Fisher. Adenyaju? Klop? No problems voting for them. Right now, they are not pro bowl ready, but they are on the way if they keep it up. Torry? Spoon? Pisa? Atogwe? Bulger? Of course!

But Fisher?

He's not the worst CB in the league. He's useful, but not spectacular.

He's also the only Rams player I couldn't justify voting for.

Is it just me, or do you feel the same about this issue?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Pro Bowl Voting

i am going to vote for travis fisher, i figure if he's in hawaii there's always a chance he will get lost and not return to the states.but we can only hope.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I think the whole Pro bowl voting thing is a sham. Many people vote for everyone on their favorite team which makes it useless really. I understand support your team and all that jazz, but voting for some of these guys just because they are on your fav team really taints the whole thing.

So there should be no complaining if certain Rams don't make it because many people vote their whole team.

I only vote Rams players if I think they deserve it, if not I don't vote at all for that position.

How can anyone justify voting for Paul Smith at FB, or Klop at TE etc? An example for NFC TE's would be voting for Desmond Clark from the Bears and Alge Crumpler from the Falcons, or even Shockey from the Giants. (Since I figured somone might ask) So in my case I wouldn't vote for anyone.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RB, I justify voting for Smith because of the determination he brings to the game. Is he the best? No. Is he good enough to represent the Rams? Yes.

Klop...isn't he the leading rookie TE right now? IMHO, also good enough to represent the Rams.

But, when it comes to WR's, Torry was #1. TO was a very distant last....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    RB, I justify voting for Smith because of the determination he brings to the game. Is he the best? No. Is he good enough to represent the Rams? Yes.

Klop...isn't he the leading rookie TE right now? IMHO, also good enough to represent the Rams.

But, when it comes to WR's, Torry was #1. TO was a very distant last....
    I just don't buy it, especially for Smith. He represents the Rams right now, but to say he should represent the NFC as one of the top FBs in the Pro Bowl, I just don't buy it. He has missed what 2 games now and maybe more upcoming, it's not just heart or determination that earns you a pro bowl vote.

Same with Klop, ok so he leads rookie TE's, but he doesn't compare to the guys I listed, so shouldn't the actual "all star" players make the game? In my mind it's a sham.

Of course Holt should/will make it, and a few other Rams are worthy of consideration, but some of those players listed just shouldn't be there. That goes for all teams, not just us.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

We all know it is a popularity contest. How else could Vick and TO make it to Hawaii?

I hope you noticed I did not mention my choices from the AFC. For the AFC, I chose the best players. Too bad my votes will be wiped out by some kid who just jumped on the bandwagon of some team....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    We all know it is a popularity contest. How else could Vick and TO make it to Hawaii?

I hope you noticed I did not mention my choices from the AFC. For the AFC, I chose the best players. Too bad my votes will be wiped out by some kid who just jumped on the bandwagon of some team....
    You're right about the popularity contest, I've said that year in and year out, but still I can't vote Klop etc because he's not the best, not even close right now. His time may well come, but as of now the TE's I named are miles ahead of him and shouldn't be screwed just because of fan votes.

I don't even vote for the AFC. I still can't vote for Rams players if they don't deserve it. That's why it's a sham, because almost everyone votes for their full team.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Milan is offline Registered User

I vote for pretty much all O positions but I don't just vote for Rams players, this year, I think I voted for 4 Rams players and one was Wilkins.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I'm only voting for Kats I think are Pro Bowl deserving. So far, I got Holt, Bulger, Jackson, Little, Pisa, Witherspoon, Smith, and Pace, Oh I also forgot Fahkir. Now on who I actually think will make it, will more than likely be, Holt, Bulger, Jackson, Pace, and Witherspoon.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I just don't buy it, especially for Smith. He represents the Rams right now, but to say he should represent the NFC as one of the top FBs in the Pro Bowl, I just don't buy it. He has missed what 2 games now and maybe more upcoming, it's not just heart or determination that earns you a pro bowl vote.

Same with Klop, ok so he leads rookie TE's, but he doesn't compare to the guys I listed, so shouldn't the actual "all star" players make the game? In my mind it's a sham.

Of course Holt should/will make it, and a few other Rams are worthy of consideration, but some of those players listed just shouldn't be there. That goes for all teams, not just us.
    Since Smith has missed some games, I think it's hard to evaluate, but I don't think a guy should be downgraded in voting because he has missed games. It shouldn't matter what his stat totals are for the year if he's playing at a high level when he's on the field, especially at fullback. The main thing I care about with the fullback is his lead blocking.

As for Klop, I came to the same conclusion. I couldn't justify voting him one of the best tight ends in the league right now. I did vote for Bulger, Holt, Jackson, Little, Tinoisamoa, Witherspoon, and Wilkins. I'll vote for Pace as soon as I see him playing back up to his usual level. I didn't feel right about claiming he was playing better than all of the other tackles in the NFC after that Seattle game.