Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: The problem is pretty simple, really

i agree that the lines on both sides of the ball is what matters most in football.. games are won inthe trenches plain and simple. another thing to look at though is the offensive scheme. bulger looks very antzy in the pocket, not knowing where the ball should be thrown at times.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The defensive line is pretty much the same problem. Not enough consistent penetration or disruption of the passing game unless we blitz,
    I disagree, there was plenty of penetration by the front four and by Little mostly; it's just that the coverage down field was awful, allowing Smith to get the ball off in time. The timing of the blitz's had a lot to be desired as well. :x

The offensive line is losing the battle in the trenches, partly because we weren't that good to begin with, and now that we've already lost two starters, it'll probably get worse.
    I agree some what, not sure what you mean by "not that good to begin with", but now it is in shambles, and like you said, it all starts up front.
    The offensive coordinators need to do a better job of game planing to allow Bulger to get the ball out quicker. This means more quick slants and less waiting for the play to develop.

Oh well, just still PO'ed, hopefully a miracle well happen this week.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I agree some what, not sure what you mean by "not that good to begin with", but now it is in shambles, and like you said, it all starts up front.
    What I meant was, our starting O-line is average, at best.

I disagree, there was plenty of penetration by the front four and by Little mostly; it's just that the coverage down field was awful, allowing Smith to get the ball off in time. The timing of the blitz's had a lot to be desired as well.
    Agreed that it was pretty good in the Denver game, in fact I was (pleasently) shocked at how good it was. But where was that against a far inferior O-line at Frisco? I was (not pleasently) shocked to see how poorly we penetrated their porous O-line. And as I said before, the RAMS cannot afford to give ANY QB time to throw against our DB's. In my opinion, we suck at that position.

The offensive coordinators need to do a better job of game planing to allow Bulger to get the ball out quicker. This means more quick slants and less waiting for the play to develop.
    This I totally agree with. Due to the inability of our O-line to protect Bulger for more than 1 or 2 seconds, the O-coordinator and Linehan MUST rethink their playcalling. I'm at a loss as to why Linehan isn't using Curtis more in those types of routes. His speed is amazing, and a quick slant can turn into a long play at any time. He's the 3rd receiver, and the DB's will be covering Holt and Bruce, so Curtis will be getting LB coverage and/or help from the safety. Tell me Curtis can't blow by any of those position guys covering him?

Also, the TE's are gonna have to start doing a better job on their blocking assignments, or Bulger is gonna get killed.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RealRam is offline Registered User

Also, the TE's are gonna have to start doing a better job on their blocking assignments, or Bulger is gonna get killed. -- RFRH
    True. There is no doubt that this week, as we speak, a whole lot of emphasis is being taught, imparted and DRILLED on pass protection!

Little Manning got decked EIGHT TIMES on Sunday and led his team back to a win...ON THE ROAD! -- Fargo Ram Fan
    I like that comparison. What a comeback! When not over-analyzed, it goes to prove that a faltering OL, be it because of their own weaknesses or because of an overwhelming attack by the opponent's defense, can still come out a winner thanks to a passer / receiver click.

And that, a consistent Bulger / receiver(s) click, we haven't had in two games -- probably even if we had one of the BEST OL.

This time, though, this time: THIRD GAME IS A CHARM!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-19-2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12