Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HornedHell Guest

Angry Promising Defense

Although it might take awhile for the defense to gel, being that it is a new system and there is going to be alot of rookies involved, I think it is a faster, more aggressive bunch and we will even have some depth with Jackson and Jones on the DL. If we can stay healthy, we will do something really special this year. I can feel it...Opening day in Philly will set the tone for the season I believe...Hostile envirorment. Physical defense. We lay an ass whippin' on em and the NFL will know the Rams are back and mean business. Ladies and gentlemen.....Commence ass whippin!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Jackson is going to have to play big on 3rd down. Last year, we couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down, and it was mostly the blame of the LB's.

HornedHell Guest

Thumbs down 3rd Down

It was just one of those years huh? It would be 3rd down and 8 and they would get 9. 3rd down and 15 and they would get 17. This year they will increase their sack total and that is for damn sure and most of them are gonna come on 3rd down.......I hope.

Just signed Pickett. Now, only Arch and away we go

DODRAM is offline Registered User

Talking

Arch is signed , time to go to work !

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Alright, now comes the fun part. All the negotiating is through, now executing is the term. Arch is way behind, don't look for him to start right way.

bignasty_075 Guest
    Arch isnt no slouch you can be sure he is in top shape and has been studying his play book. I think that he will most likely end up starting come opeaning day cause the guy is a work horse. Besides Lovie's system is realy a simple one which doesnt involve a whole lot of blitzing and plays lots of zone. The Rams bigest problem last year wasnt the run it was passing thay got shreaded in the long and short game on passing downs. With the additions of Aeneas, Kim, and Arch in the secondary and with Fields, Davis, Polley, and Allen at backer not only are we faster but we have players that can cover all over the field and can also rush the passer.

Kenac Guest
    No matter how good the Corners are you cant always leave them on an Island.... We need some sort of Pass rush. If an nfl quaterback has time to throw the ball....it doesnt really matter who it is we get burned..... We need pressure....which we didnt have last year....This is my biggest concern for the defense...

Go Rams.

Dramfan Guest
    Defensive players don't take as long to come up to speed. I have always thought that it was more productive to draft defence with your highest choices and get offence in later rounds or through free-agent system. Offencive players take at least 1 year to have very much of an impact. I think these young players are going to do more than well, I think they are going to kick-butt!!! They will have the luxury of not having to play mistake-proof football. With this offence they can be more aggressive because they won't be playing from behind. Also this is not Bud Carson's defence. Don't get me wrong I think Bud was great and I miss him, but his was a very complicated scheme. This is not. It may take a few games to really come togather but they are going to put some hurt on some people this year and it's going to be fun to watch.

It's time to break out a can of wip-ass GO RAMS!!!

I love what Dennis Miller just said, "Park Ranger Martz did a control burn on the defense."

RealRam is offline Registered User

Cool We're on our way!

D is looking g-o-o-d!

I really liked what they did last night against the Chargers [hey, that game was a Ram win at the end of regulation time, ok? Okeyyy?!?] Holcomb holding during the winning FG, BAH!!! Big deal!

With every exhibition game the defense has really shown improvement and determination to support the "greatest show on earth." All we need is to get it on the road now.

So it sounds simplistic but, we're on our way! GO DEEE!!!

sprtsmac Guest

Unhappy

You're right, the D is looking good. But I am a little worried about not getting any sacks. We can't expect Winstrom to get all of them; and right now that's how it looks. Hopefully Chidi will take care of that once he is in game shape. But I am really happy with the D; a lot better than last year.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Talking Enter Grant Wistrom!...

Good, strong performance by Rams D yesterday against the Eagles, no doubt about it! In fact, I was kind of surprised! Good, steady pressure on containing McNabb from running wild --for most of the game anyway. They even sacked him a few times!

Enter Wistrom Grant. Watch out!

GO RAMS!!!

HornedHell Guest

Talking Defense

They looked good but i will need a couple more games to gain some confidence in them..I still suffer from anxiety attacks from last year when the other team has the ball...Haha...Faster and more aggressive is all I wanted and it looks like that is what we are gonna get!

stlouy Guest

Thumbs up

Yep, loved the way they swarmed to the ball/gang tackled, something glaringly lacking last year!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast