Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DODRAM is offline Registered User
    The whole attitude in the D is different , the players want to get to the ball and tackle , last year they looked like they weren't interested

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

stlouy is offline Registered User
    Had my doubts about the cover 2 scheme but that opinion has been eased a mite. McNab & Co. was a pretty good test that IMO we passed. I esp. was watching for botched tackles which were commonplace last year. 1 game does not make a season but I'm very encouraged. I know there will be a few letdowns but with a young "D" that's to be expected. Grant should be back also.

Missed tackles will kill a defence every time but with the cover 2 there sems to be defenders swarming and tackling all over

sprtsmac.......

From what I understand about the cover 2 defence, & I'm still learning, is that the system does not stress sacks (in blitz form) but DOES stress Q-back pressure. The sacks will come, mostly from the DE position & not the backfield. IMO.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Cover 2 is perfect for the Rams. Bend but not break; dad gum it. I tried. I really did. But I just can't talk about the Rams, my mind is on our Armed Forces. I am a Vet, and I admire, respect, defend, and honor every man and woman who VOLUNTEERS for OUR service. These people are already heroes, and they now risk the ultimate sacrifice for you and me, their life. When you sign up for the service, you do sign up to technically request to die if need be. I know a bunch of peace time people don't understand that, but it is true. I love each and every one of our armed forces personnel, my heart and soul are with you. Whatever happens, I am with you every step. I want to be back so bad now, but the military dosen't take many 37 year olds. Go with pride, grace, and spirit. And please, go with dignity. We honor you back home, and wish you Godspeed.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Let's Go D

Alright, that was yesterdays post after I had been watching Fox News for what seemed like a week. I still am patriotic, just glad it's Monday. Never wanted a Monday to start as bad as this one. BECAUSE, our DE Grant Wistrom is back on the field. Wistrom should play this week, and we need pressure on Garcia to slow down Owens and Stokes. Not much of a running game in SF, so Arch will be shelled this week. Just hope he is prepared. The corners (Bly and McCleon) look much better with Williams back there. I also believe that Herring gives them much comfort also. And, Arch plays the run so well, that the corners can concentrate on the wide outs. Could not do that much last year, and I believe that hurt the secondary. Let's hope Fields gets healthy quick, and we will be in bizness.

Cool

Fields is listed as probable. I hope it's not a shootout, last year we had enough of them. Owens, Streets & Stokes all having decent rec. stats last week with Garcia having a hot hand And ya can't count out Hurst. Of course that was vs Atlanta's "D". I expect ours to hold up much better! Brian Young looked good @ tackle. Rotating him & Lewis is solid!

It's good to see Young playing so well at DT but having picked Lewis as high as we did I was expecting more of him. But it never hurts to have healthy bodies to rotate on the D line. Great news that Wistrom will not only be back but has been practicing at full speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12