viper is offline Registered User

A Proper Perspective

While things may appear bleak at the moment, I thought it would be interesting to see where we are in the standings against the rest of the league. It was pretty enlightening to see that we are tied or one game behind 22 other teams in the league. Teams like the New Orlean Saints, the Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers, San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Seahawks to name a few.

We all know that we should have won those two games. We had them in our grasp and let them slip away. While I am most disappointed in the outcomes, I am encouraged by the fact that we looked a lot better defensively and our offense finally began stretching the field. If not for a few miscues we had those games won.

We have been decimated by injuries and suspensions lately. Considering all of the mounting setbacks, I thought our team played pretty well. We are almost there, but not quite. I still have hope that we can save the season and maybe squeak into the playoffs. A tall task at this point for sure, but possible nonetheless. Looking at the struggles that most of the league is also enduring gives me hope that our cause is not yet lost this season.

While I'm not so naive to discount the fact that we have a major task ahead of us, I'm also willing to support my team, players and coaches as long as it appears they are trying to get better and win. I believe we are getting better and its only a matter of time before things start clicking. This may be one of our rebuilding years. But, I think a case can be made that we are improved over the last two seasons. I think we are headed in the right direction and with time things will come together for our team. Have faith!!!

W L
    Washington Redskins 1 0
    Arizona Cardinals 1 1
    Baltimore Ravens 1 1
    Carolina Panthers 1 1
    Chicago Bears 1 1
    Cincinnati Bengals 1 1
    Cleveland Browns 1 1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 1 1
    Minnesota Vikings 1 1
    San Diego Chargers 1 1
    Seattle Seahawks 1 1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 1
    Tennessee Titans 1 1
    Atlanta Falcons 0 2
    Buffalo Bills 0 2
    Kansas City Chiefs 0 2
    Miami Dolphins 0 2
    New Orleans Saints 0 2
    New York Giants 0 2
    New York Jets 0 2
    Oakland Raiders 0 2
    Philadelphia Eagles 0 1
    St. Louis Rams 0 2
    Last edited by viper; -09-18-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: A Proper Perspective

If there's any post that puts a nice context on our current travails then this is it.

Too many people are talking like the season is over before it's truly began and what we're really talking about is a game, possibly two, behind the pack. A two game swing in a sixteen game season is more than possible.

Cut out the turnovers, keep Bulger upright long enough and we get that swing.

Believe!

:l

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    If there's any post that puts a nice context on our current travails then this is it.

Too many people are talking like the season is over before it's truly began and what we're really talking about is a game, possibly two, behind the pack. A two game swing in a sixteen game season is more than possible.

Cut out the turnovers, keep Bulger upright long enough and we get that swing.

Believe!

:l
    I see the light! It's dim, but I see it.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I'm still here and haven't thrown in the towel.

viper is offline Registered User

A win against Tampa Bay and a loss by half of the league (which is a given) and we're potentially right back in it.

Nobody said it was going to be easy. Is there anybody else that has the faith that we can still save the season? If so, make yourself heard!

Go Rams!!!
    Last edited by viper; -09-18-2007 at 12:27 AM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Is there anybody else that has the faith that we can still save the season? If so, make yourself heard!

Go Rams!!!

Oh, absolutely! Absolutely. :r

Eagles just went 0-2 tonight and I don't think they're done, just as I don't think the Packers are all that hot at 2-0 (I know, those are different divisions from ours, things move and live differently there).

This is why the upcoming TB game is so important. Granted that even a loss Vs. Bucs does not discard us from the 2007 season goals and aspirations but that would definitely sound off the alarm.

My point is that the Rams KNOW and UNDERSTAND that yesterday's game Vs. Frisco was a heartbreaking loss because ... we DID play well, we were a better team. I think every Ram realizes that and is hurting and hungry to prove it.

I have the feeling that yesterday's game will prove to be a much better source of both facts and encouragement than the 1st game Vs. Carolina. As the coaches and players go through the tapes, more than one will probably think, "...we let them off the hook".

No silly mistakes this Sunday (free fumbles, etc). No excuses.

The Rams know it. ...And they will be ready.
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-18-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Format

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

At the risk of being redundant, ( I said this in 2 other threads already), I don't recall anyone saying we would be 16-0, 15-1, or even 14-2.

The general consensus was that we were looking at 5-6 losses. This gives us some 'wiggle room', but that means we need about a .750 or better record from here out.

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Is there anybody else that has the faith that we can still save the season? If so, make yourself heard!
    Absolutely I have faith, this is the NFC we're talkin' about!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I see a lot of good things in this team. We just need to finish teams off. That said, we couldn't possibly be more than one or two games back from the best teams in the league at this point. The record isn't as troubling as the mistakes that are losing the games for us.

Flaw is offline Registered User

Bruce is still the man. The defense is exceeding expectations. We have the goods to score touchdowns in the red zone and it just hasn't come around yet. Donnie Jones is an awesome punter and Dante Hall is still a good returner despite his fumble Sunday. The offense is coming around, almost 400 yards Sunday against a pretty good defense, and you know we still haven't seen full throttle.

Seriously, how can you NOT still believe?
    Last edited by Flaw; -09-18-2007 at 11:42 AM.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

My faith is strong! This team still has weapons in its arsenal. We are beat up, but still have the potential for a break-out game. This team can score 20-30 points easy if we can just get it together. The Rams need to get angry, get on the road, and get a win. GoRams!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

great post and I will leave rep points for it, I don't think anyone has given up, it's depressing sometimes when you aren't getting the result you want and this leads to some negativity but we are in this for the long haul. I do think at this point the Rams do not need to worry about what everyone else is doing but just go out there and take care of there own business and start knocking off teams one at a time and this starts with a giant Buccaneer beatdown this Sunday.