Thread: PROPS and DROPS

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

PROPS and DROPS

PROPS: Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola.

Clayton is going to be our #1 receiver very soon if he isn't already.

Amendola needs to be on the field as much as he can take. He's a real blood and guts performer. His style of play has to fire up his teammmates at some level.

DROPS: Laurent Robinson

Sure he caught the touchdown pass of the day. However he had far to many drops in key situations, especially for a number 1 receiver!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: PROPS and DROPS

Laurent Robinson sucks

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Laurent Robinson is made of glass, one more hit to the IR and here comes bye-bye. I kind of had a feeling about this after that one injury against Green Bay last year so I'm not surprised. If he booms, then great we look to have a solid passing game but if he busts, best of luck elsewhere but right now, he's starting to re-reflect the reason why Atlanta got rid of him.

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

I'm about to punch a dead horse in the gut here, Laurent is another reason why we need to trade for a certain 6'5 WR.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Truly clueless, do you guys even watch the games? WR's open everywhere. Play particular attention to Laurent Robinson wide open for a TD except for the late throw and double hop:

NFL Videos: Playbook: Bradford's debut analysis

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Truly clueless, do you guys even watch the games? WR's open everywhere. Play particular attention to Laurent Robinson wide open for a TD except for the late throw and double hop:

I was going to post this. I had wished Sam seen the 2 open guys (Robinson, Bajema)....we would have won.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    I'm about to punch a dead horse in the gut here, Laurent is another reason why we need to trade for a certain 6'5 WR.
    Hurt or suspended, you still miss games.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I was going to post this. I had wished Sam seen the 2 open guys (Robinson, Bajema)....we would have won.
    or......Our DT holds onto the ball and scores, we win.

What I like about this video (very good by the way) is that you know that Bradford has watched it a hundred times and he's learning. He'll begin to recognize his mistakes like the ones we saw in this video and he'll get better. Next time, he may not miss those throws.

This kid will be special.

What I also liked about the vid is that it proves that our recievers ARE getting space. Bradford just needs to recognize it and hit it.

I disagree about some comments about Robinson' though. He doesn't 'suck", he's actually a good reciever with talent. I'm only concerned with his toughness and durability.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    or......Our DT holds onto the ball and scores, we win.

What I like about this video (very good by the way) is that you know that Bradford has watched it a hundred times and he's learning. He'll begin to recognize his mistakes like the ones we saw in this video and he'll get better. Next time, he may not miss those throws.

This kid will be special.

What I also liked about the vid is that it proves that our recievers ARE getting space. Bradford just needs to recognize it and hit it.

I disagree about some comments about Robinson' though. He doesn't 'suck", he's actually a good reciever with talent. I'm only concerned with his toughness and durability.
    There were two instances where Robinson was very open and Bradford missed, I doubt anyone would be saying he "sucked" if he had 5 receptions for 50 yards and 2 TDs ...

Nobody was saying Robinson sucked after his solid performances early last season ...

What impresses me most about the incomplete pass that Bradford skipped to Robinson is that most young QB's would have forced it after the late recognition. Instead, Bradford realized he was late and threw it into the ground, avoiding the INT ...

And ANY player would have had a broken leg if they were put in the awkward situation Robinson was last year ....

Shale is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Heh, I just saw this link and posted it. Very good stuff and mirrors what I was seeing during the game last week. There were a *lot* of opportunities last week and our receivers were doing a great job of getting open. Bradford just doesn't have the experience to capitalize.

I agree the Rams are still on a hunt for a #1, and Robinson probably drops out of the starting rotation once we find one, but he did a good job against 'zona and we shouldn't beat him up about it.
    </shale>