throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pros/Cons to keeping Williams

Vis
    Vis is offline Registered User

Re: Pros/Cons to keeping Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He isn't a liar... You HONESTLY think Jeff Fisher hired Gregg Williams not knowing about what kind of defense he runs? What kinds of things he does in the lockeroom? Their best friends, that's why he hasn't fired him yet..

I couldn't care less about any of this bounty crap. He wanted his players to play hard and win, he was even willing to pay his OWN money to have it happen... I'll take that DC 10 times a week and 15 times on Sunday.
    Sunday entertainment is much more important than whether players can walk or even think when they reach 40. I want to see blood!

Are you not entertained?
    Last edited by Vis; -04-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Gotta let him go. We don't know how they "collaborative effort" to run the defense will work. We will need a DC eventually and its not for certain Williams will be back in the NFl period, especially after these recordings. Fisher will have to look past his friendship.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I couldn't care less about any of this bounty crap. He wanted his players to play hard and win, he was even willing to pay his OWN money to have it happen... I'll take that DC 10 times a week and 15 times on Sunday.
    Not me. I believe that Williams will rightly be facing criminal and/or civil charges for his cash for blood scheme. The NFLPA has already retained counsel to specifically defend any Saint's players who face charges, and they are just the participants in the scheme that Williams designed. He has done real long-term damage to the Saint's franchise. I would not be surprised if one of his bounties caused injury to our QB. Williams is a lying scumbag. I want the Rams to cut all ties with him ASAP.

Yes, I want our players to be motivated and play hard, but never at the cost of breaking rules and laws, which is cheating.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Sunday entertainment is much more important than whether players can walk or even think when they reach 40. I want to see blood!

Are you not entertained?
    Yes, because the mentality of "Can I walk or even think when I'm 40" got these guys to the NFL. If they think like that, theres many cities around town that play Basketball and Baseball. If you're seriously in the NFL and you're afraid of contact because of the effects it'll have...

THE DREAM TEAM

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Yes, because the mentality of "Can I walk or even think when I'm 40" got these guys to the NFL. If they think like that, theres many cities around town that play Basketball and Baseball. If you're seriously in the NFL and you're afraid of contact because of the effects it'll have...
    Seriously? Nobody I know of in the NFL is afraid of contact. But pretty much all of them live with the subconscious fear of a career-ending injury. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a defensive player hitting his opponent with every ounce of force he can muster -- within certain limitations. Those limitations are called "rules".

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    Seriously? Nobody I know of in the NFL is afraid of contact. But pretty much all of them live with the subconscious fear of a career-ending injury. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a defensive player hitting his opponent with every ounce of force he can muster -- within certain limitations. Those limitations are called "rules".
    Of course their going to have the "subconscious fear" in the back of their heads. And what do you mean with limitations? Tackling is tackling. I think you're kind of straying off to talking about the actual bounty itself. I'm talking about destroying anyone on the other team, whether you hit him in the head, chest, knees, or toes you gotta be fearless. Purposely going for acls? Thats for low lives... But guys that just demolish other guys coming across the middle of the field right dead on the chest are gorgeous, which many times end in concussions too.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12