Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Punter choice surprises, irks Baker

Just a punter? When we are stuck on our 4yd line and need to punt it and he punts the ball 20yds so they get it on the 24 we'll see that its just "A Punter"

RamsFan16

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

I can't believe anyone is complaining about the Front Office. How soon we forget that we hardly signed anyone the past few years in Free Agency. Before this season who was our biggest Free Agent signing... Adam Timmerman?? Gosh.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -03-24-2006 at 02:11 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Just a punter? When we are stuck on our 4yd line and need to punt it and he punts the ball 20yds so they get it on the 24 we'll see that its just "A Punter"
    I think Turk would be good for a bit more than 20 yards. Judging from your obsession with the Baker situation maybe you have this idea that he'd punt it to their 20 yard line.

He's a punter. There's a reason why they're the lowest paid position in the league. How about we spend the money on a significant addition to the team.

I'm sure you'd love the Baker signing if it cost us the addition of another DT to add to the rotation.

RF16's St. Louis Rams Offseason Analysis
    Additions: La'Roi Glover, Will Witherspoon, Corey Chavous, Tony Fisher, Matt Turk
    Missed Out On: Jason Baker
    Grade: F
    Last edited by ZigZagRam; -03-24-2006 at 02:43 PM.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I couldn't agree more.

He's a punter. There's a reason why they're the lowest paid position in the league. How about we spend the money on a significant addition to the team.
    Last time I checked, these are Ram fans on this website. Isn't every thing about being a Rams fan the last few years revolve around the fact that that the greatest dissapointment has been special teams? I guess because the defense actually outshadowed this last year we quickly forget?

When the Rams went 12-4 a few years back, Mitch Berger was definitely a candidate for MVP, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    RF16's St. Louis Rams Offseason Analysis
    Additions: La'Roi Glover, Will Witherspoon, Corey Chavous, Tony Fisher, Matt Turk
    Missed Out On: Jason Baker
    Grade: F
    LOL LOL LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I couldn't agree more.

Last time I checked, these are Ram fans on this website. Isn't every thing about being a Rams fan the last few years revolve around the fact that that the greatest dissapointment has been special teams? I guess because the defense actually outshadowed this last year we quickly forget?

When the Rams went 12-4 a few years back, Mitch Berger was definitely a candidate for MVP, IMHO.
    Berger MVP for who? We went 7-9 when we had Mitch Berger. We went 12-4 with Sean Landeta.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

A little perspective if I may....

For Baker's $1,000,000, we get 43.3 gross avg. and 38.9 net avg....assuming he can repeat his best year ever.

For Turk's league minimum, which I believe is around $400,000, we get 41.7 gross avg. and 37.2 net avg.

So the question is, did we do the right thing by NOT spending an extra $600,000 for an extra 1.6 gross yards and 1.7 net yards?

I would say so.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Trust in the Big Bison to lay it on the line in 6 words or less. As granny bison always says: "GET RIGHT TO THE POINT!"

On the basis of that analysis, does anyone really believe its worth paying an extra 600k or more per year? Please keep that in mind when one is asking for additional depth and special teams help on the squad. Frankly, i found the kickoff angle the more compelling reason for paying more for the other punter, because much as i love wilkins, i dont think he is that good on kickoffs, but i am not prepared to spend close to a million a year on the difference. Turks 850k will not count the full 850k against the cap because of his veteran status.

Look at it this way, we will use the money we saved on a #3 offensive tackle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12