Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Purely just for fun and Speculation.

Being that we are looking for a competent strong back up for Jackson, with Ricky Williams looking to reinstate to the NFL, and having played under coach Linehan in Miami. What do you all think of the possibilities of Williams coming to St Lou.

I personally think he would fit well in our system as a back-up but I know that it's highly unlikely he ends up here with the Rams. But could you imagine a two headed monster that consisted of Jackson, and Williams. Sorry if this has allready been posted. if it has please feel free to delete.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Purely just for fun and Speculation.

i could be wrong but he always seemed like a good teammate,he will come cheap and most likely has something left in the tank,i would pass but some team will take a chance and it may pay off for them.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I like Ricky but would rather have that spot filled by a quick, shifty guy who can catch - the prototypical 3rd down back. Nabbing Lorenzo Booker in the draft or someone with similar skills would make me a very happy evil disco man.

:l

-jake-

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Did we not already have a Smoker project go bad?

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Did we not already have a Smoker project go bad?

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    LOL Good one! ...No, I would NOT want Ricky in our team. "Thanks, no thanks".

fftopic: RnD: GREAT pic of Tommy Mason Vs. Colts -- don't recall ever seeing that one. Where do you have this pictorial treasure of mid 60s-72 Rams?

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    if ricky can get of the pot he can be good again.
    some things are just so easy it HAS to be wrong.....

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

If Ricky can get off the pot he can be good again. -- FTG
    That's the problem, Giant: "IF".
    Ricky's had more than a few well known recurring situations; the same issue that, IMO, has seriously, seriously degraded his worth in the NFL.

I'd much rather go with a young RB; unproven, yes, but hopefully with better character ... that human element so crucial to the sport and that is currently being studied in terms of behavior by the NFL.

I know that we have one or two players in the team with similar issues in their past but I trust those incidences are firmly entrenched in the sad darkness of their past. No longer.
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-01-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added quote

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Don't go turning happy. it would completly throw off your name. I would also like to get lorenzo Booker. but being a miami guy, I would't mind seeing Tyrone Moss Coming to St.Louis in the 3rd or the 4th round.
    Okay, I have not missed a miami hurrcane game in three years (attending and on tv, I attend about 4 games a year) I am a die hard miami hurricanes fan (as most of you know) and you DO NOT want to waste a 3rd or 4th rounder on tyrone moss, 2 years ago against virgina tech he blew out both of his knees, last season he lost his starting job to a freshman, Javaris James (BABY J!!) and to charlie Jones, so lets see, tyrone moss is NOT the change of pace back that we need, he played less than half the season last year due to injuries and he lost the starting job to a freshman and you want to waste a 3rd on this guy? I mean cmon, man, even I , a die hard fan of the team says not to pick him up, give me a break dude, and AV if I'm correct you are an alum to the school right? So do you follow the team still?
    Built RAM tough

Man if you want to talk die hard, then you go no further than me. I have been to every home game since 1999. my brother lives in miami and he gets us tickets. Didint frank gore have a serious knee injury to both knee's at miami?? I think tyrone would be a pretty capable back, not saying he would be great, but capable.
    And you are willing to risk a 3rd on aguy that played less than half the season and is projected to go 2nd day? Cmon research info man
    Built RAM tough

if ricky can get of the pot he can be good again.
    He is off the pot.

If my memory serves me correct. Ricky now believes in not taking medicines or mind altering drugs. He also went thru a detox. I'm not saying that I would want him on the team, but I do think he would be a one two punch.

I think people need to be more forgiving. You shouldn't have a mistake follow you for the rest of your life.

I said 3rd or 4th. Whatever is the best at that choice. come on now. he can rebound and come to us. if he comes to stl and has a big year behind SJ you will love it too. Come on Us Miami Guys Got to stick together.
    As much as I would love to agree with you I just can't, its very hard to rebound from such an injury, and especially at the next level, and plus he won't have a big year BEHIND SJ, he would have to be a starter, look at it this way, Frank gore didn't become good until kevin barlow was out of the picture, so Moss wouldent have much of a chance to do well until SJ was gone or hurt (knock on wood) plus, he isn't the change of pace back we need
    Built RAM tough

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

but being a miami guy, I would't mind seeing Tyrone Moss Coming to St.Louis in the 3rd or the 4th round.
    3rd or 4th round? Moss might not even be drafted. He's not a guy to take late Day One early Day Two.

there is the possiblity of tyrone being moved to Full Back. I think I heard mel kiper say that is were he could play at the next level. heck we don't even have to draft. but if we do, I think i just convinced myself that it would;t be untill the 6th or 7th round.
    What about madison hedgecock?
    Built RAM tough

cfh128 is offline Registered User

this coming from the same guy who thinks jon alson can be a defensive end and ryan fitzpatrick is worthy of a starting job on several nfl teams even though he barely made our roster last season...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast