Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Put this stat up in the locker room this week

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Re: Put this stat up in the locker room this week

What if we had a receivers coach that actually WAS a receiver. I loved Cromwell as a player but we had better receivers when we had a receiver as coach.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I think you guys are looking for black & white definitions for what is a bad throw & a perfect throw where there are only many shades of gray determined by the play of the entire unit, collectively & individually. The bottom line for me is that The Rams will continue to struggle against better defenses & in the RZ until the whole team can get in sync enough to compensate for any one player's or unit's less than perfect execution on any given play.

Still, whether fair or not at this early stage of his career & with the other issues that obscure rather than help his talent show, Sam's individual performance pales a bit, imo, in comparison to the Bradys & Rodgers' and Ryans of the NFL. Yes, they have better support, but they also make individual plays under duress that Sam has not done much so far in these first two games.

There are numerous egs in the highlights of those guys every week that illustrate that. None better,imo, than Brady getting hit & turning his head away exactly when he releases the ball so he quite literally is throwing blind & still hits his guy in the hands in traffic.

Of course, the talent is there for these "carrying the team" type plays to start coming thick & fast but, imo, Sam has played like an average starter playing down to the level of his support so far to me, not a superstar elevating it .

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    He wasn't beat by 3 yards. He undercut the route and made a good play.

LMFAO. Ross was playing press man coverage, and Gibson ran a fly route and smoked him. How in the hell did he "undercut" the route? He dove to knock the ball down, safety was way late. One more foot of air on that ball and it's a TD. BAD throw, and Bradford knew it the minute he threw it. You are wrong, for once in your life, get over it.

Bradford missed the same slant read two weeks in a row dude and took the fade. He knew where he was going before the snap. That's his main problem right now.

The QB missing reads and throwing bad balls is just as big a problem as the six dropped passes he's had to deal with.
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-22-2011 at 04:23 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

How about having receivers who are actually playmakers.
    Playmakers have respect for the uniform they are wearing and the City they represent.
    I don't see alot right now coming from this St Louis Rams team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

.....thats sad,i wish i could say this is a new developing story but unfortunately its not and one that bothers me.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    LMFAO. Ross was playing press man coverage, and Gibson ran a fly route and smoked him. How in the hell did he "undercut" the route? He dove to knock the ball down, safety was way late. One more foot of air on that ball and it's a TD. BAD throw, and Bradford knew it the minute he threw it. You are wrong, for once in your life, get over it.
    It wasn't a fly route, Gibson didn't "smoke" Ross, Ross did undercut the route, the safety was irrelevant, and your claim that it would have been a TD is speculation, at best.

Otherwise, you're 100% correct. Congrats!

Bradford missed the same slant read two weeks in a row dude and took the fade. He knew where he was going before the snap. That's his main problem right now.

The QB missing reads and throwing bad balls is just as big a problem as the six dropped passes he's had to deal with.
    You know, I wondered when we'd start seeing the first Bradford bashing posts. Guess I don't have to wonder any more.

Seriously, if you think Bradford's peformance has been as big of a problem as the receivers failing to do their jobs, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I know the exact plays you are talking about Infiniti. When the plays got over I looked at my friend and said he already decided on who he was throwing to before the snap. I don't think it is a serious problem at this point because I have only seen these plays you talk about a handful of times. I think it stems a little from bad decision making on Bradford, and his lack of trust for his receivers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123