RamWraith is offline Registered User

Q&A With Consensus All-American And Current St. Louis Ram Alex Barron

The former Seminole is back in town rehabbing at the Don Fauls Athletic Training Room.

Feb. 23, 2007

Former Seminole Alex Barron was a consensus All-American and a first round draft pick of the St. Louis Rams. In two seasons the offensive tackle has played in 28 off the Rams 32 games. Barron suffered a knee injury at the end of the 2006 season and is back in Tallahassee rehabbing in the Don Fauls Athletic Training Room. Seminoles.com caught up with Barron on Thursday for a quick Q&A.

Seminoles.com: What are you doing back in Tallahassee?
    Barron: I am here doing rehab on my knee. Florida State is one of the best places to rehab injuries. They have helped me in the past and I have always come out in good shape. They have a great staff in the training room. When I was in school here I had a lot of success with this staff.

Seminoles.com: Do you like coming back to FSU and Tallahassee?
    Barron: Yeah I do especially since I know people who are still here. I still know some of the staff and the players.

Seminoles.com: How do you assess your second season in the NFL?
    Barron: It was alright. It was another year learning for me. I am still trying to get things together and get better every year.

Seminoles.com: What was the difference from your rookie season to the second year?
    Barron: It was an adjustment but you have a little better idea of what is happening and the timing of plays. You know your opponents a little better as well.

Seminoles.com: Do you still keep up with Seminole football?
    Barron: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I stay tuned in. I still have friends involved with this program. I watch the games because FSU is on TV so much. I try to stay tuned in.

Seminoles.com: Do you sense there is some excitement this spring due to all the changes?
    Barron: Yeah I think so. I am excited to see what is going on around here. Everything is going to be alright. Guys are going to play hard. Florida State is going to be alright.

Seminoles.com: Do teammates and opponents talk a lot of smack about your school?
    Barron: They run their mouths a good bit up there. A lot of the guys that do it are guys that wanted to come to Florida State but couldn't. That's their problem. Some of them are just haters. That will all come to an end.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Q&A With Consensus All-American And Current St. Louis Ram Alex Barron

Seminoles.com: How do you assess your second season in the NFL?
    Barron: I was horrible. You'd think I'd know the snap counts better and not worse than last year. With all my false starts I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I should start paying attention in practice and listen to coach. Maybe I should lay off the sticky ickey too. Aww who am I kidding, they'll never cut me anyway, right?

Seminoles.com: Dude seriously you're embarrasing us. Get Your S#*t together. You're a Seminole damnit! One more year like last year and we're revoking your alumni membership.
    Barron: For real? But I love it here.

Seminoles.com: I hope so cause if your false starts continue you may be back here mopping floors and cleaing toilets.
    Barron breaks down in tears and interview ends.
    Great interview.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The only problem is that Alex answered every third question a half a second too soon.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

He suffers from premature offthelineulation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]