throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JerHawk81 Guest

Q & A With a Hawk Fan

Subject basically says it all.

I'm a well infromed Hawk fan that can comment on almost all things Hawk, so feel free to ask any questions that you've been wondering.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Re: Q & A With a Hawk Fan

Shouldn't this be in smack talk, you can't just open a thread for your team's recognition and expect us to run with it.

Moderator place this one in smack talk. It has the makings of a beautiful smack thread!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

How is your line faring without Hutch?

RamsFan16 Guest

Are you afraid of this Rams Defense, along with Steven Jackson?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

What the hell happened in Chicago??

JerHawk81 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    How is your line faring without Hutch?
    Our line is struggling this year, but dont' buy into the Hutch talk. Really, 4 of our line spots have taken a step backwards this year - with our RT being about where he was last year.

Even Jones, who is generally a godly LT has struggle this year... granted, a struggling Jones is still a good LT. The interior of our OL has been downright bad. We have 2 young guards that may see increased time over this season, and while they are both above average in terms of physical tools, they will both make several mental mistakes on stunts, and can be made to look like fools by good moves from good DTs. Even our C is playing poorly - well, poorly for him which is about average for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What the hell happened in Chicago??
    Let's talk about this game in terms of which half we're talking about.

The first half was closer than the score suggested. We were outplayed in all areas, but not by much. The main problem was that we gave up two big turnovers which resulted in important points. Granted, without the mistakes, and with a completely healthy team, I think they still outplay us that half.

The second half was another story. Chicago got the ball to start the third quarter, drove on us and scored a TD. Somewhere in that drive, the team lost heart - that drive took the wind out of our sails. After about half way through that drive, the game was over. The rest of the game, we got slaughtered by a great team, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Are you afraid of this Rams Defense, along with Steven Jackson?
    No, but then again, I'm not the guy that needs to run a crossing route.

But really, we have a 12-cylinder offense, maybe the most potent offense in the NFL. The catch is that a 12-cylinder offense that's running on 3 1/2 cylinders isn't much of a threat. So, to answer the first of your questions directly, I wouldn't fear our full-force offense going against any team - including Chicago. However, I am very afraid that you'll see some version of our slug-bug offense, in which case I think Houston has a good chance to stopping us.

And Jackson's one of the better RBs in the NFL, so yeah a I fear. Combine that with a solid passing game and you got a great offense. We have a good D, so if both bring their A game, it should be a fun matchup to watch.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-11-2006 at 12:13 AM.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

How important do u feel the impending return of Jeramy Stevens is to the Seattle passing game and the team in general?

JerHawk81 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    How important do u feel the impending return of Stevens is to the Seattle passing game and the team in general?

The TE has basically been a non-factor so far this year - an absence that has been conspicuous. Our TE's - combined - have caught less than 70 yards this year. That's what Stevens will get on a good day.

Stevens is a good asset in the passing game, he's fast, has above average hands, and runs good routes. He will also run routes down the field which plays havoc with safeties.

It's not that Stevens is a Gates, or Golzalez who can dominate a secondary and can not be countered. But, having him on the field forces secondaries to either adjust, or give up a lot of catches. The adjustment by the secondary will open up WRs. And while I haven't seen it yet, my hunch is that they'll line up Branch and Stevens on the same side, force the S to account for Stevens to open up Branch.

It's also worth noting that he'll play the role of the hot route on a few plays which will help Hass handle the blitz - something that he's done very well historically but less well this year.
    Last edited by JerHawk81; -10-11-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My question is this:

Through four games, Matt Hasselbeck has not look impressive. He's making poor decisions at times and just doesn't seem like he's seeing the field as well. Without Alexander the Seahawks will probably make use of their depth at receiver, but thus far this season, in formations with four or more receivers, Hasselbeck has a 69.2 QB rating with two interceptions for every TD he's thrown. Both of these teams should come out ready to play, but how confident is the Seattle fan base in their quarterback right now? If the Rams do manage to come out and get some pressure on Hass and maybe achieve an early lead, he's statistically not done well trying to come back from behind. Are the Seahawks making any conscious plans to try and get him more success?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Shouldn't this be in smack talk, you can't just open a thread for your team's recognition and expect us to run with it.

Moderator place this one in smack talk. It has the makings of a beautiful smack thread!
    It's a fan of an opposing team whom we play this week coming to our board and offering to answer any questions we may have about his team. That doesn't sound like smack to me. If it becomes smack, it will be moved. Otherwise, I think some of our members would be appreciative toward an opportunity to gain some additional insight on who we play this weekend.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Do you think that Deion Branch was a good pick up and will he fit in with the Seattle receivers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

...I think some of our members would be appreciative toward an opportunity to gain some additional insight on who we play this weekend. -- Nick
    Well said, Nick. :r

Welcome to the Clan, JerHawk81! Particularly with this big, exciting game coming up for both of our teams. As Nick put it, your thread is appreciated and though I have no questions at this time (bed time for me so now I lay me down to sleep), I look forward to a great battle in St. Louis.

Ready to RAM RRRRRUMBLE!

JerHawk81 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My question is this:

Through four games, Matt Hasselbeck has not look impressive. He's making poor decisions at times and just doesn't seem like he's seeing the field as well. Without Alexander the Seahawks will probably make use of their depth at receiver, but thus far this season, in formations with four or more receivers, Hasselbeck has a 69.2 QB rating with two interceptions for every TD he's thrown. Both of these teams should come out ready to play, but how confident is the Seattle fan base in their quarterback right now? If the Rams do manage to come out and get some pressure on Hass and maybe achieve an early lead, he's statistically not done well trying to come back from behind. Are the Seahawks making any conscious plans to try and get him more success?
    First, I think you hit the nail on the head with your evaluation of Hass "not seeing the field." Or, at least that's one major component. Historically, I would rate Hass as the best in the NFL at pre-snap reads (and initial post-snap, namely <1 second). This year, Ds are trying to fool him before the snap. In the past, our fast tempo at the line of scrimmage wouldn't allow D's to do this, but we haven't gotten into that tempo yet this year, so the shuffling has really confused him, and in turn frustrates him.

But I digress. Hass is prone to losing his focus, and when he does, making typical mistakes (forcing balls, not trusting reads/making bad reads, poorly thrown balls, etc.). The problems with the 4 WR set have been... numerous, but most of these focus on a lack of protection. The WRs have done well finding holes, but Hass hasn't had the time to go through his progressions.

Are we, the fans worried? No. I think most of us would say that the problems are not with Hass directly, but with things around hass - protection and dropped passes being on top of that list. Once those are in place, and they will be at some point, I expect Hass's game to pick up in other areas (e.g. seeing the field). All-in-all, we have a lot of faith in Hass, and that hasn't wavered just yet.

On a side note, I'm one of the fans that think Hass was hurt in the first game. He took a beating that game, and was said to have "bruised ribs" on the day after, but the topic was never addressed again by the team. I believe that those ribs were still hurt, even through Chicago. I think this for 3 reasons: First, Hass's performance tends to decline through the game - even after the 1st quarter. If he had a cracked rib or seriously bruised rib, we would see this. And second, the velocity of some of his balls isn't where it should be, and was, even in the preseason. And third, he's spent more time on the turf after a hit this year than I've ever seen before. If this claim is correct, then he may be close to 100% for the Rams game as we're coming off of a bye.

JerHawk81 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Do you think that Deion Branch was a good pick up and will he fit in with the Seattle receivers?
    Branch would be an asset to almost all WR corps. The kid is very impressive! He's crazy-quick and runs good routes with good hands. I had high expectations for him, and he's still impressed me.

Anyhow, he's especially valuable here for a couple of reasons. First, he provides a good deep threat, something that we've been lacking a bit. This gives us a very good underneath WR (Engram), a good mid-level WR (Jackson), and a good deep WR (Branch). Now, if we could get the protection to let Hass find these guys, we'll be set. And second, he's good at YAC when catching the ball underneath, which is vital for a WCO to succeed. So, to answer your question, it looks like he'll compliment the WR corps very well.

With that being said, we haven't seen him with a complete grasp of the O yet, but he should be close for the Rams game.

THEFIELDGOAL Guest

The bottomline is that the Seahawks have lost their luster and charm.
    And with their primary jewel on the disable list. This team is looking like the
    Houston Texans. Whatever it takes to turn it around is probably their
    motto.- Hey I love the Rams but these couple weeks have really placed
    us on our seats until the end. Rams are the better team in this match if
    they limit any turnovers and the defense steps up once again.

rawkhrdr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL View Post
    The bottomline is that the Seahawks have lost their luster and charm.
    And with their primary jewel on the disable list. This team is looking like the
    Houston Texans. Whatever it takes to turn it around is probably their
    motto.- Hey I love the Rams but these couple weeks have really placed
    us on our seats until the end. Rams are the better team in this match if
    they limit any turnovers and the defense steps up once again.
    Is this a question or a flat statement. Sure, Alexander is shelved for a few weeks. But if you watched the first few weeks of the season you would realize that he wasn't a bug factor in those games. He was being stopped at the line or for a minimal gain on most runs. I think Holmgren has lost some of his committment to the run. And this worries me. You are basing the fact that the Rams are the better team on what? The fact that the Haws ran into Chicago in Chicago and looked absolutely horrible. I will not make excuses for that game because it looked like Seattle just didn't want to be there that day, but Chicago is an absolute beast. They are going to be a juggernaut this year. And the Rams have looked competent this year. But they have consistently played just well enough to win (similar to the Hawks) against inferior opponents. They should have destroyed GB. But instead escaped with a win because of a Favre mistake.

I think that GB and Sea are pretty evenly matched. And I hope for a good game this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast