Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: A QB Stats Quiz (with a point)

An invisible bottle of dehydrated water!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    2. I would have liked to see a decimal on the TD's and INTs. There is a lot of difference between a QB who pitches 2.4 TDs and 1.0 INTs per game vs. one who provides 2.0 TDs and 1.4 INTs.
    I think this is an important point as far as the numbers go. I agree with the overall point of the thread whole-heartedly, but everything from 8-23 TDs over a full season rounds to 1/game. From 24-39 TDs rounds to 2/game. I'd bet almost every QB in the league would average 1-2 TDs (except Alex Smith) and 1 int per game. Trent Dilfer comes out 18-30-211-1-1, which doesn't look that much different from Hasselbeck's numbers. The stats really can't tell the whole story. I do think Bulger needs to be counted among the top QBs anyhow.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bulger does have a higher INT% than some of the others, but that is balanced by his yards per game.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

With a good running game, better protection, shorter routes, a TE to go to, Marc will have a monster year
    !
    Yes please.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If all those things happen to every QB in the NFL, they could also have a monster year. Please people, I love the Rams also but it seems that some of us think we have all this glorious talent all over the field. We don't. Who knows how Terrell is going to be this year? So far, he's out of shape and majorly overweight. Is Timmerman going to hold up? Is Incognito the answer or another cog of the problem?

I like Bulger also, but our O line is so suspect to honestly think that a change in coaching staff is the cure for all Bulger's shortcomings is a major misconception.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think it safe to say Holt, Bruce, Marc, Jackson, Curtis, Klopfenstein, and Byrd will make some plays this year.

All I’m saying is as far as Marc goes he will not be standing back there in empty sets, trying to find the mismatch on every play. Linehan has stated the Jackson will get his touches and we will use the TE. We are looking to go to more three step drops as opposed to seven. It’s easier for the O-line when we are in two TE sets and actually running the ball. As much fun as the 20-yard dig routes are to watch, it’s not as easy on the QB and the linemen as it looks.

I agree there are still question marks on this very young and old O-line. But the scheme should make it much easier to execute.

Linehan said running the ball should be so easy with these WR. He made it sound like running the ball is going to be like stealing, I can’t wait to see this offense.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

yea i cant wait till the season starts too.....only a couple of months away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12