Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BEER is offline Registered User

Qstn? for the bulger lovers.

Alright lets look at the team that won the superbowl, the Steelers.. They won close games in play offs and the superbowl, the Hero and big play
    maker " Big Ben" that led, and wills his team to win even with one of the worst
    O lines in the NFL. Correct me if im wrong but i believe he was the most
    sacked qb in the league. That being said, lets trade qb's for that season.
    Does Pitt even make the playoffs with Bulger? And how many game would
    we have won with Big ben.. My guess is Pitt does not make the playoffs
    and the Rams go 8n8 at least. And dont bring up the D, I am talking about
    the diff between having one or the other QB.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Qstn? for the bulger lovers.

big ben is just that big he is hard to tackle and even counting all the times he did get sacked he got away from just as many if not more sacks if bulger was as big he would have had more time to make the plays and let the routes develop like ben did

in my opinion rothligberger is also a horrible qb and while bulger has had some bad seasons i would still take bulger anytime

Admin Edit
    Last edited by RamDez; -06-04-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    This thread sucks and is pointless !!!!
    It's actually easy for the common sense person to get to the point..

Just answer the Question. Are you Bulger? LOL..

what i proposed was a hypothetical situation in which i wondered what amount of time bulger would have if he was a big and mobile as rothlisberger
    much like the hypothetical situation you proposed when you said IF rothlisberger was the rams qb we would be 8-8 so how bout we hold back on the sarcastic remarks and stick to the hypothetical pondering in which this thread has its very basis around

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    what i proposed was a hypothetical situation in which i wondered what amount of time bulger would have if he was a big and mobile as rothlisberger
    much like the hypothetical situation you proposed when you said IF rothlisberger was the rams qb we would be 8-8 so how bout we hold back on the sarcastic remarks and stick to the hypothetical pondering in which this thread has its very basis around
    So? Whats your answer to the question?? Do you have one?

in my opinion pitt would still make the playoffs
    rams MIGHT have gone 5-11

number of intangibles go into these scenarios (sans defense as was the original question) things like having tomlan as a coach compared to our interim, rothilisberger probably does use his charisma to propel us to 1 or 2 more wins things like this

but again i think in actual play (passing, thinking, assesment of a situation) bulger is the better qb

however i will admit ben is the more charismatic leader and that can win games on its own

i still prefer bulger however

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    And dont bring up the D, I am talking about
    This sentence encapsulates what is wrong about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    in my opinion pitt would still make the playoffs
    rams MIGHT have gone 5-11

number of intangibles go into these scenarios (sans defense as was the original question) things like having tomlan as a coach compared to our interim, rothilisberger probably does use his charisma to propel us to 1 or 2 more wins things like this

but again i think in actual play (passing, thinking, assesment of a situation) bulger is the better qb

however i will admit ben is the more charismatic leader and that can win games on its own

i still prefer bulger however
    I like your opinion. I hope Bulger is our SB QB. I used to think the same as you. I hope he makes me a believer again.

Dominating D Guest

How can you leave the Defensive out when you want to talk Wins and Loses?

I agree that Big Bens line was average at best but his style of holding the ball contributed to the sack total. So how do you compare an orange to an apple? Think about it if Big Ben was a Cardinal do you think he would have taken the team to the superbowl? Then why not flip it and ask would Warner taken the Steelers to the playoffs? Most of us Rams fan know what happens to Warner when he poor protection up the middle ?

I'm done with the what ifs lets just hope the line improves so it will be easy to measure the QB production.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Alright lets look at the team that won the superbowl, the Steelers.. They won close games in play offs and the superbowl, the Hero and big play
    maker " Big Ben" that led, and wills his team to win even with one of the worst
    O lines in the NFL. Correct me if im wrong but i believe he was the most
    sacked qb in the league. That being said, lets trade qb's for that season.
    Does Pitt even make the playoffs with Bulger? And how many game would
    we have won with Big ben.. My guess is Pitt does not make the playoffs
    and the Rams go 8n8 at least. And dont bring up the D, I am talking about

No, I don't think Pit makes the '08 playoffs with Bulger. I like Bulger but there's no doubt a physically bigger,more durable (aka brick sh#thouse) QB who can scramble like BR is an advantage when your o-line sucks.

However, I don't think it's a good longterm formula to allow/force your QB to improvise as much as BR does. And it also accounts for a good percentage of his sacks.One nasty hit on a knee & The Steelers would have been in trouble,esp with Parker's injury problems. I'd rather have a solid interior line & I think the Steelers are in deep doo-doo sooner or later if they don't fix theirs.

Of course, a couple of talented & wiley vet WRs and a good TE haven't hurt BR's numbers/success or are we not allowed to talk about the guys these QBs throw to, either? If MB survived the beating, I'd guess his numbers would have been a lot better with those guys than with The Rams. Doubt that's true of BR.Maybe his numbers would have been better than MB's actual stats with the Rams & similar to those he put up with The Steelers but they were hardly stellar and wouldn't have been a huge difference-maker in most of our games,imo.I think he's fun to watch but not that efficient.

I don't think we would have won that many more games with BR; too many other weaknesses on our O last year.Maybe a couple of those late season games where we lost a lead in the 4th QTR but 8-8 is really over-estimating MB's position on The weakest Link list for me.

All things being equal, I think it would be more fun to have BR under center than MB but they are stereotype opposites of one another in QB style, aren't they? Quintessential apples and oranges and neither the best of his breed.

I think you can win with both but who doesn't love to see a QB shake off would-be tacklers and fling the ball like a Big Ben or Favre over the clinical efficiency of a Peyton or Bulger at his best?

I'd rather have Gabriel over Warner for the same reason. Doesn't mean I think we'd win more,though.

rammiser is offline Registered User

This thread is stupid because Bulger and big Bens stats were very similar last year. The Steelers are just the better team. If anything you would have to applaud Bulger for being able to even put up what crappy numbers he did on such a dreadful team.

Games
    Bulger-15
    BigBen-16

Completions and Attempts
    Bulger-251-440
    BigBen-281-460

Completion %
    Bulger-57
    BigBen-59

Yards
    Bulger-2720
    BigBen-3301

Td's
    Bulger-11
    BigBen-17

Int's
    Bulger-13 int percentage was 3.0
    BigBen-15 int percentage was 3.2

Fumbles
    Bulger-5
    BigBen-14

So there you go BigBen didnt exactly tear it up last year for the Superbowl Champs. Which tells me you throw him on a much worse team and he'll do much worse. I think we can all agree the Steelers were obviousley a far superior team compared to the Rams. Yet BigBen put up very similar numbers to Bulger. So I would venture to say BigBen would have carried the Rams to 2 wins and Bulger would have taken them to the Superbowl. Afterall it's a team game and nothing proves it more than the comparison of Bulger and BigBen. Couldnt be a more clear example of how people use Bulger as a scapegoat. You look at their stats side by side, you cannot honestly say that those stats that BigBen put up look like a Superbowl winning qb's stats.
    Just Fix It

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

*starts singing AC/DC`s Shotdown in flames to BEER*

ScottD413 Guest

You can't ignore the D when talking about this. The Steelers didn't win because of Ben, they won because of their D

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Let's count the number of ways your question is flawed...

Correct me if im wrong but i believe he was the most
    sacked qb in the league.
    That really does not tell the whole story, though, does it? It doesn't tell you the average amount of time he had to throw, as compared to Bulger. It likewise does not tell you how often he was pressured or hit.

That being said, lets trade qb's for that season.
    Does Pitt even make the playoffs with Bulger?
    I'd say yes.

And how many game would we have won with Big ben..
    Not many.

And dont bring up the D, I am talking about
    Right. Because defense doesn't matter at all.

If the question were "would you trade Marc Bulger for Ben Roethlisberger," then... sure... the overwhelming majority would say "yes."

What does that have to do with being a "Bulger lover?"

If you're a Rams fan, you support Bulger because he IS the Rams' QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast