Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Question about Georgia

I keep reading that Georgia is basically living in the hospital at this point and her health is horrible. Does anyone know what exactly is wrong with her health? I was told almost 2 years ago that her health was horrible yet I've never heard any detail since.

Thanks.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Question about Georgia

I don't know too much, but I'll tell you what I can.

I've read her health has been declining for a while, and has eventually put her in the hospital. They have said that things are not looking good for her right now also. I'm not sure how old she is, but I guess her body is just wearing out.

I'm sure others know more.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    ... I'm not sure how old she is, but I guess her body is just wearing out.

I'm sure others know more.
    Georgia turned 80 in November. As for her condition, no one is talking. There hasn't even been any info on which hospital she is/was in. I know she didn't attend any games this season. We'll just have to wait and see.

I might not think much of her or her "posse" as owners and managers of my favorite team. However, I hope she is doing well, and is feeling better.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

harrydog is offline Registered User

Who takes over ownership after she is gone? Does she have any children? This could have a dramatic impact on the direction of the team. Will we have an owner who really wants a winning team and will do what it takes to achieve that, or will we have an owner who's only real concern is that the team makes money? (Cincinnati being a prime example of that)

harrydog is offline Registered User

I guess this answers my question...

The sky is falling

Thanks guys. Didn't know if it had ever been mentioned what she had and I had just missed it.

I heard a while back that all of her condos and her home in St. Louis were sold. Things will be very interesting for the Rams when something does happen to her.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

St. Louis - Pro Football Weekly

Ownership issue a key concern

"While plans still call for the Rams to revamp their front office with a full-fledged GM type before next season, we hear the team’s extremely hazy ownership situation at the moment could stall the process, with current owner Georgia Frontiere’s poor health having become a major cause for concern with the new year approaching. Team insiders tell us that Frontiere’s family feels an obligation to maintain control of the team, with her son, Chip Rosenbloom, a strong possibility to be named the Rams’ new owner at some point in 2008, provided team president John Shaw is able to help Rosenbloom overcome the estate-tax issues that would figure to complicate the transition. But whether or not Rosenbloom, who has established himself as a reputable Hollywood producer, would be willing to run the Rams long-term remains to be seen. Vice chairman Stan Kroenke could enter the equation as the potential majority owner, but we hear cross-ownership issues — considering Kroenke’s holdings in numerous other pro sports ventures — may be too big a cross to bear. Could the team be put up for sale, with a new owner demanding a new stadium or threatening to move the team after the 2015 season, when the Rams reopen the stadium lease? The way we hear it, that question is being discussed as much these days as the imminent moves the team is pondering on the football side of the business."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Possible new owner named CHIP?...:x

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

...St. Louis Rams owner Georgia Frontiere has been hospitalized in Los Angeles with an undisclosed illness, a family spokesman said...
    Georgia Frontiere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RealRam is online now Registered User

:\ Get well soon, auntie Georgia.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-18-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Edit / quote error, sorry. Post #14.

Truth is offline Registered User

I've also heard that the team might be left to Chip and Lucia. If that happens, Shaw will probably leave shortly after the transition. That would leave Zigmonster in-charge. That's not a real tantalizing thought for me.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Actually from what has been said in the past, Ziggy is basically guaranteed a job as long as Shaw is here (they are very close friends going back into the LA years). Once Shaw is gone, Ziggy is probably very close on his heels.

Chip and Lucia will probably hold a certain amount of the ownership. A likely scenario is that they are going to have to sell off a part of the franchise to another minority owner just to pay the estate taxes. That will split ownership to 4 people at least, making Stan a more powerful owner as the other three will need to gang up on him to over rule a decision. Contrary to the fear put out there that the team will move, I just don't see it. The Saints, Bills and Jags are more likely to move than the Rams between now and 2015.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -01-18-2008 at 01:03 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Actually from what has been said in the past, Ziggy is basically guaranteed a job as long as Shaw is here (they are very close friends going back into the LA years). Once Shaw is gone, Ziggy is probably very close on his heels.

Chip and Lucia will probably hold a certain amount of the ownership. A likely scenario is that they are going to have to sell off a part of the franchise to another minority owner just to pay the estate taxes. That will split ownership to 4 people at least, making Stan a more powerful owner as the other three will need to gang up on him to over rule a decision. Contrary to the fear put out there that the team will move, I just don't see it. The Saints, Bills and Jags are more likely to move than the Rams between now and 2015.
    I think RebelYell has hit on several great points here. Shaw and Zygmunt are here, because the owner basically handed operation of the team to Shaw. Once (God forbid) Georgia passes on, Shaw's last move with this franchise will be to broker a deal for Chip to sell to a new owner. I'm not an estate tax expert, but as best I can figure, Georgia's estate is looking at roughly $150M-$200M in taxes. The Rams equity (I assume) are the only marketable asset that could generate that kind of cash.

And yea, the Rams are maybe 2nd, 3rd, or 4th on the list of teams looking to move.........but certainly not 1st.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    :\ Get well soon, auntie Georgia.
    Now we know about her and the final extent of her relationship with the Rams. Dead at 80.

Obviously, the main minds in the Rams FO were already spining their neurons weeks ago. Let's hope proper and positive decisions are made after the Frontiere era.

Again, sincerest sympathies to Georgia's family. A Rams fan salute. :r

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

It was truly A great Era, Great Football Teams for the Rams, So many positives.. Lets celebrate her Life as a Great Era.. and Look Forward to the next era , and put this year behind us!!

GO RAMS! :r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-17-2008, 04:34 PM