Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 Guest

Question about my expierence this sunday at the game

If I go early to the game can I get some autographs like 1 or 2 hours early? And how is the DOme?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Question about my expierence this sunday at the game

The Dome is awesome. You will be able get autographs for sure.

:clanram:

RamsFan16 Guest

So your sure i'll be able to like an 1 or 2 hours before the game. And how do I do it just go down to the bottom level and yell like #39 or Steven Jackson or how? I've never done thsi before.

fleet69 Guest

~2-3 hours before game time, head down to the entrance between the Drury Inn & the Stadium. All players walk out of the hotel & cross the street into those doors. Cops block off the road, which forms 2 lines on each side as the players stroll by. Can get a good bit of autographs & some up close pics.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I have gone after the game myself and they have been good about signing stuff. If possible bring a kid or a cute girl. That might help.

Nick seems to have a good touch with getting autographs...you should get his advice. Perhaps "go rams", "good luck", "good game" "you gonna get a 100 yards today Steven?" may work better than just yelling their names.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -10-28-2005 at 12:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 Guest

Alright cool. I"m hoping to get a Steven Jackson jersey and get it autographed

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know much about before the game because the last two games we were staked out at our entrance for some reason, though my first game we saw Holt walk to the stadium - he didn't sign anything - but after the game is a literal bonanza of players. Some of the less famous guys come out around the B entrance to the stadium where cops have a path blocked off and make their way toward the Drury. Guys like Pickett, Jackson, Curtis, Jamie Martin, etc etc go that way. Actually I think Orlando Pace went that route as well last game I was at, but he didn't sign.

I'm told that most of the big name players come out further down the street, not toward the C entrance, but I guess closer to A. There's a smaller door that's private that some players come out of, or so is the word on the street. My first game in St. Louis, after getting some autographs at the B entrance after the game, we moved down to that entrance and saw Timmerman and Georgia but nobody else. This year I guess some guys were saying Bulger came out that way and signed, but my point is I don't know that from my own experience, so take that advice at your own risk.

Best strategy is to be polite. Keep in mind a lot of these guys are tired and want to be with their family, who at least at the B entrance are often walking with them. Be sure to say please and thank you, that kind of thing. And Utter has a good point - if you have a younger sibling, they might have better luck. Some players don't sign because they think the stuff might be sold online, so the idea is to not come across as an eBay junkie.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

So the B entrance is usually where they are?

The B entrance is where some of the non-starters and not-as-famous starters are, yes.

RamsFan16 Guest

Ok. Hopefully like Bartell is there And Jerome Carter and OJ Atogwe Jackson is a famous star right now imo so I don't know if he'll be there

Atogwe didn't sign last game I was there (this year vs. Seattle). I didn't see Carter, though I probably wouldn't have recognized him. Tyoka signed for everyone, as did Pickett.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Ok. Hopefully like Bartell is there And Jerome Carter and OJ Atogwe Jackson is a famous star right now imo so I don't know if he'll be there
    There's an interesting (though not a hard and fast rule or anything) trend that I've seen......the bigger the player, the easier it is to get their signature. And by bigger, I"m talking about their weight. Linemen will sign pretty much all the time. LBs, RBs, and QBs are usually pretty good, and DBs and WRs are hit-or-miss at best.

I'm not saying that rule always works, but I've seen it on more than one occasion.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Last year they started trickling in around 9am. I'm sure you'll be able to get the rookies to sign, I saw Curtis and McD signing. I would definitely go before the game. As Nick said most players just want to go home after the game and may not be in the mood to sign.

Enjoy, and bring us a win!:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 Guest

Don't worry. I have "IT" I'm not sure what "IT" is but I have "IT" Its good for us that I have "IT". We will win!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Don't worry. I have "IT" I'm not sure what "IT" is but I have "IT" Its good for us that I have "IT". We will win!
    So does that mean you won't be in the chatroom this week saying how much or D sucks and flipping out before the game is over.

Sorry I had to put that little dig in there. :tongue:

I know you made an apology thread. It's all good 16

All in fun buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast