• 1 Post By ZiaRam
  • 1 Post By live4ramin
  • 1 Post By R.Gabriel
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Question about our Running Backs

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Question about our Running Backs

Personally, I like our running back situation. I think having 3 young guys to run around for the next few years will work out nicely for us.

However, my question for those who watch tape and know our running back situation well is: who is the best blocker between Pead, Richardson, Ganaway, and Stacy?

Last year, Richardson seemed to do a nice job spelling Jackson on 3rd downs and getting some nice blocks, but is this a particular strength of his? The other three haven't really played for us so I haven't seen anything to know one way or the other.

I think that Pead will end up being our starter when week 1 rolls around, but if for some reason his blocking is a significant downgrade compared to another back, that would hurt his chances.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Question about our Running Backs

I think Stacy is probably the best in terms of pass blocking. That's actually been scouted as one of his strong suits.

Randart is offline Registered User

As FR says Stacy, but I would also think Ganaway as his size should help him pick up all but the most agile safety's and cb's...
    Guess this will work its way out in camp.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

One thing I love about our RB situation is all 4 of those are are proven winners. I'd expect for AT LEAST one of them to step up and be a monster with this opportunity given to them.
    RealRam likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Watching Stacy, it seems he runs funny, like he's on pegs. He has l'il cankles and small feet, like one of those mythilogical half-man beasts. He's sure to set some records. Nobody's gonna ankle tackle him.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Lord, I apologise.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Actually not having SJ on the team anymore and the fact that we have more WR firepower should reduce the number of times the defences puts 9 in the box to stop the run. Which again could help one or more of our rb's to succeed.

But I still have a hard time with not having a stud RB anymore. That has been the one thing that has never been a problem with the Rams since I became a fan in 1999. I really hope that richardson can keep up his good play from last year and that pead begins playing alot better/more.

R.Gabriel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Watching Stacy, it seems he runs funny, like he's on pegs. He has l'il cankles and small feet, like one of those mythilogical half-man beasts. He's sure to set some records. Nobody's gonna ankle tackle him.
    I too think his stride is a little different. Like a quicker Ron Cey of the LA Dodgers
    live4ramin likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Many, many question marks. It could work out fine or it could be a huge problem. Thinking we're just going to plug in 4 guys who haven't done a thing in this league and fill the void left by a warrior like Steven Jackson is foolish. I have a feeling we're going to realize just how important Steven jackson was to this football team for 10 seasons.

Richardson showed some promise before slowing down a bit as last season progressed. Pead hasn't shown much and the other two guys are completely unproven. Until we see something in pre-season, it's hard to judge one way or the other.
    laram0 likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I still have a hard time with not having a stud RB anymore. That has been the one thing that has never been a problem with the Rams since I became a fan in 1999. I really hope that richardson can keep up his good play from last year and that pead begins playing alot better/more.
    We can't really say we don't have a "stud" running back yet. We did lose one in Jackson for sure - no argument there.

Pead will get his chance this year. Hopefully he'll be over any rookie jitters he may have had last year, and make good on his opportunities this time around.

Clearly Fish appears more inclined to implement rb by committee, but for all we know, we'll have three studs. Zac Stacy appears to have a nose for the creases and may surprise in year one. Richardson will likely improve with a year of playing in the NFL under his belt. One thing that really impressed me about Richardson last year was his calm demeanor when on the field. From my perspective when the cameras would show his facial expressions, he never seemed wide eyed or overwhelmed. He played with confidence, ran hard and carried himself as if he belonged there.

I've only seen highlight stuff of Zac Stacy, and obviously that's cherry picked to show only the best stuff. That said, he looks like he plays fast, and some of those highlights were against some very good teams. He may not have Tavon Austin type speed, but he is certainly fast enough to rip off 20 or 30 yard runs now and then at the NFL level.

I'm hoping Stacy turns out to be a steal for us. While mentioning the word "steal" Stedman Bailey may surprise as well.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Many, many question marks. It could work out fine or it could be a huge problem. Thinking we're just going to plug in 4 guys who haven't done a thing in this league and fill the void left by a warrior like Steven Jackson is foolish. I have a feeling we're going to realize just how important Steven jackson was to this football team for 10 seasons.
    I'm sure you could of said the same thing with Jackson coming in to backup/replace Marshall Faulk but it's a good thing he got a chance to prove himself right? I'm sure one of these guys will step up and think they'll fit the RB by committee role just fine. That being said I miss SJ!
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -05-01-2013 at 01:53 PM.