AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Question: Any info on Leonard Little

Has anyone read anything on LL? He did not seem like he was mentally there for most of last year.

This is a contract year for him, will he have a year deserving of big contract or will the Seachicks pick up another RAMS DE??

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Question: Any info on Leonard Little

The last thing I saw on Little was this.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

to the defend the Rams front office (which tx VERY SELDOM DOES), the way the Seahawks went after Fisher and Wistrom was just outbidding the Rams for these guys. The offer the Rams had on the table for Wistrom at least was very enticing, but the Seahawks gave him half of Seattle so he took it. Can't say I blame him.

Back to Little. What happens on the field obviously is the only thing that is going to matter and I do think with Haslett that he will have one of those "contract year" years. He's the only one of this defense that I feel will have a major benefit just from having Haslett. He has the talent to make himself a pro-bowler, the rest of the holdovers I just don't know.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    to the defend the Rams front office (which tx VERY SELDOM DOES), the way the Seahawks went after Fisher and Wistrom was just outbidding the Rams for these guys. The offer the Rams had on the table for Wistrom at least was very enticing, but the Seahawks gave him half of Seattle so he took it. Can't say I blame him.
    Indeed. If I recall correctly, the contract offer was so high that Wistrom decided not to go through with the rest of his free agent team visits and just sign right there on the spot. There was nothing the Rams could really do there. As for Fisher, the Rams didn't really seem to want him back that badly, as they were cutting into his time with Hargrove.

But yes, Little should have every opportunity to produce in Haslett's attacking defense, since a lot of the pressure will be off of Little's shoulders. You're going to have guys coming in from all sides, so it's not just going to be a situation where teams can double Leonard and pretty much wrap up our pass rush right there. Between the scheme and the defensive additions, I don't see any reason why he can't have another great year. All the more reason the Rams should already be locking him up, contract-wise.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Wistrom has not come within the same solar system of value based on his performance and what they paid him. bryce fisher was a great signing at a reasonable price for seattle, especially considering the premium on pass rushers. Look what he makes compared to say kearse and he is a real value cap wise. Wistrom is high motor, but overated and breaking down physically, not likely to improve as his career moves on. We let fischer go so hargrove could play and we bet that little would be found not guilty. I cant second guess us on either of those decisions, given the state of our salary cap situation. We were desparate for linebacker help and we spent our money on coakley and claiborne more so than fisher. I supported the decision and the signings at the time, i wont criticize them now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

I hope LL can rebound, it seemed to me last year that teams were counting on LL's outside speed rush only to design a play to let LL run by the hole and allow the back to cut to the outside in front of one of the lethargic defensive tackes.

Seal LL out, seal the other DL inside and swing a blocker in as a lead and you have 5 - 7+ yrds per play.

Hopefully the other defenders can rush up field with LL so that those seams are not created as often.... ARRRGGGGGHHH!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Honestly, the one thing that will help Little is Hargrove and Kennedy stepping up and playing like they did at the end of the year.

Rambos is online now Registered User

The buzz that Little will be moving and rush from both sides and the present of La'Roi Glover should also free up Little.

rams#1 Guest

Befor you know it our Entire defense Will be in seattle, except for Pisa tinoisamoa, He is the Best linebacker in the game. Ofcourse I am being sarcastic Our d is going to rock, Our new D name Is the Blue Curtain.