View Poll Results: How loud did the Dome get while you were attending a game this year?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 The Dome was rockin!

2 28.57%

4 57.14%
  • 3 Average

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • 1 The beer man overshadowed the crowd

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: Question for the fans who have been to a game at the Ed THIS year.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Question for the fans who have been to a game at the Ed THIS year.

Give a little insight as to how loud the dome was in your opinion. Was there actually a 12th man? Also, which game were you at?

5-Loud 1-Silent

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Question for the fans who have been to a game at the Ed THIS year.

Well, I wasn't there but even on TV the game vs AZ sure was L O U D at times, when the Cards were under pressure. I hope the Rams keep playing like that -- a guarantee that the stadium will rock!

It's a new day in STL Rams country. The players know it, the fans sense it and hopefully the opponents will feel the heavy presence of that 12th man.

Long overdue.

Home Field Proving To Be A Big Advantage For The Rams

Nathan Grimm / October 7, 2012 12:18 PM

Home-field advantage in the NFL can be the difference between a win and a loss. Outside of the emotional advantage, home-field can affect a visiting team’s communication ability, snap counts and sometimes even mental focus. In a league where wins are extremely hard to come by, winning teams can rarely afford to lose games in their home stadium.

It remains to be seen how many games the St. Louis Rams will win in 2012, but through five games they’ve made one thing apparent – they fully intend to defend their house. The Rams have started 3-0 at home, thanks in part to a fan base re-energized by a team playing competitive football. After Thursday’s win over the Arizona Cardinals, Rams QB Sam Bradford said the fans deserved credit for making the Edward Jones Dome a tough place to play.

“I thought (the fans) were awesome,” Bradford said. “When our defense was on the field, they were loud. It’s probably the loudest that I’ve heard the Dome. Hopefully, that continues to get better. The more we win, hopefully, the more reasons they have to come out and support us. But I thought our fans were great tonight.”

The difference is noticeable on the scoresheet as well. The Rams have given up 50 points in their two road games as opposed to 44 points allowed in their three home games. For a team quickly becoming known for its stubborn defense, a loud home crowd is a big advantage for the unit.

“It’s huge,” LB James Laurinaitis said. “You have to play great in your home, especially when you have a dome. When you have a dome, that’s a huge advantage. There’s only one outdoor stadium I can think of, and that’s Seattle, that has a huge advantage with their fans. If you’re going to play well in a dome, you’re going to be pretty loud and it’s going to be hard for opposing teams.”

Great teams don’t just win at home, though. In 2010, the Rams went 5-3 at home but finished only 7-9 overall and missed the playoffs by one game. Rams veteran RB Steven Jackson knows that while winning at home is important, the team still has work to do before it will be considered a legitimate force.

“We, one, want to be a very tough home team and two, we want to win our division,” Jackson said. “For us to be able to win these last two games is huge. It’s big for us, but it doesn’t stop here. We’ve got to continue to build off this. We have a nice little break coming ahead of us, but we’ve got to face another tough team on the road. And we have to learn how to win on the road.”
    Let's DO THIS! L O U D ! ! !
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-08-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Article

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

hate to say it, but there's an error with your rankings system.... as in the beer guy overshadowing the crowd (#1) IS the average (#3). Or at least it has been in my section the past few years.

as a psl holder from CA i average about 1 to 2 games a year in the EJD... rest i get to see are road games. So i may not have a large selection of games to draw on, but, i could hear the difference in the Washington game through my tv speakers and it did appear to rattle rookiegriffin3. i was floored i could hear the crowd going nuts... that was such an emotional game.

i attended last weekend's game against seattle. usually my yelling can make me self conscious because everybody in my section can hear me and its not uncommon to get head turns. i'm happy to report that on 3rd downs against seattle, for the first time in a long time, i could barely hear my own yelling and cheering. when it mattered, i'd say the dome was rockin' at times with a 5. Many healthy doses of 4 as well. was great to see.

its been posted on clanram for years..... that if they start winning, the fans and their energy will return. I'm glad to see those predictions appearing to be coming true.
    Last edited by KoaKoi; -10-08-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: no edit, just wanted to point out... 666 posts! looks like its time to put on some iron maiden

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    i attended last weekend's game against seattle. usually my yelling can make me self conscious because everybody in my section can hear me and its not uncommon to get head turns. i'm happy to report that on 3rd downs against seattle, for the first time in a long time, i could barely hear my own yelling and cheering. when it mattered, i'd say the dome was rockin' at times with a 5.
    The ClanRam section at the Seattle game was very loud, despite many, many empty seats. The Dome was loud as well, but a 4 at most IMO. Now if there wasn't thousands of no-shows, there is no doubt the place would have been deafening, because those that were there, made noise.

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    no edit, just wanted to point out... 666 posts! looks like its time to put on some iron maiden
    Or repent.......

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I selected 4 for the Seattle game. It was load enough that you couldn't here the announcers. I almost gave it a 3, as they weren't load all the time, but that may be a 5. My 5 would be load for every offensive snap of the visitor, and a full stadium.

I wish the Cards (or MLB) would stop scheduling Sunday afternoon games (and maybe no Sunday games at all) when the RAMS have a home game. Unfortunately, if the Cards are in the playoff hunt, the PSL owners that also have Cards' tickets will go to the Cards game instead of the RAMS game.

gap

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I also voted "4" for the Hawks game.

The room wasn't full, but we were loud at the right times.

UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I wish the Cards (or MLB) would stop scheduling Sunday afternoon games (and maybe no Sunday games at all) when the RAMS have a home game. Unfortunately, if the Cards are in the playoff hunt, the PSL owners that also have Cards' tickets will go to the Cards game instead of the RAMS game.
    It's a shame they don't just give their Rams tickets to friends, or relatives, or co-workers, or charities to get the ED full.

BTW, if the ED was only half full, and all the attendees were gap clones, the volume level would be a 6. I should know, I sat next to gap at the Seattle game.
    gap likes this.

GolfnRAMFAN is online now Registered User

I got to experience games during the GSOT era, and these were my first games, so its hard to compare now to then. I thought the Seattle game was the best the ED has been in a while, but I still swear the fans in the Dome caused an earthquake when Proehl caught that TD in the Tampa game. I'll call the atmosphere this year average, but drastically improving!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's a shame they don't just give their Rams tickets to friends, or relatives, or co-workers, or charities to get the ED full.

BTW, if the ED was only half full, and all the attendees were gap clones, the volume level would be a 6. I should know, I sat next to gap at the Seattle game.
    I gotta learn how to give Rep points. Thanks, Mike. My voice is almost recovered.

gap

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I've attended every Rams home game so far this year, and I can say for certain that the dome has been booming. For those who weren't able to attend the Cardinals game, I wish you could've. I literally could not hear myself think. I've attended games at Arrowhead before (when the Chiefs were decent), and it didn't even compare to Thursday's game.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I wish the Rams had the same exact fan base as the Cards (STL). We have a huge fan base for being a small market. At times you can hear us take over opposing stadiums with a Lets Go Cardinals. It really amazes me sometimes at how far the fan base stretches out.

From what I have heard through the tv the stadium has been rocking.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I've attended every Rams home game so far this year, and I can say for certain that the dome has been booming. For those who weren't able to attend the Cardinals game, I wish you could've. I literally could not hear myself think.
    Good to hear! I couldn't stick around for that game but my dad (who's retired, the lucky bloke) did. Been meaning to ask him about it and how the dome responded. Glad to hear it was rockin... especially since it was a division game on primetime.