SeaTown Guest

Question for Ram fans

Not trying to knock you, so leave the angst at the door. I'm just curious here.

How did the Rams get in as a wild card over the Saints? Both teams were 8-8. But the Saints beat the Rams head to head. Isn't that the first tie-breaker. I thought that conference record (which the Rams had the better by one game) was the second tie-breaker if head to head didn't apply. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Question for Ram fans

I believe the Rams were in a three-way tie with the Saints and the Vikings, and the first test in a three-way tie is conference record. The Rams had a better conference record than the Saints and Vikings, so they secured a wild card spot. Then, normal head to head tie-breaking measures were used between the Vikings and Saints, at which point head to head comes into play.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Seatown,
    Dude, if you're going to use words, use them properly. There ain't no angst here w/r to a nice Hawk's fan posting an inquiry.

Perhaps you should have used one of the following terms: "hostility, aggressiveness, or defensiveness."

SeaTown Guest

I forgot about the three way tie-breaker. That's what got the Hawks in last year. Touche.