Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

A question of toughness....

.... in Bulger's case.

Would Brett Favre start if he had the same injury? I think he has and in more than one game.

Lead...Follow... or Sit on the Bench!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A question of toughness....

According to Bulger, he can't even complete the throwing motion because he's in so much pain. If you want to fault him for that, well, you're welcome to that opinion.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How are you able to make a comparison to Bulger's injury and injuries that Favre has had in the past? Do you have some sort of "super power"? Perhaps you should get a cameo when they make "The Incredibles II."

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I don't think we are in a position to judge his ability to play. They won't know if he can throw until he tries it out in practice. Time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamTime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    .... in Bulger's case.

Would Brett Favre start if he had the same injury? I think he has and in more than one game.

Lead...Follow... or Sit on the Bench!
    There you have it! Another case of fans poisoned by the medias allegiance to certain players in the NFL. And Steve Young? Why it would be nothing more then a hang nail for him because after all he is Steve Young. You know if fans stop buying into the constant ass kissing the media gives to it's preferred players maybe we will see the yellow streak running up their collective backs begin to diminish. Lets take Jerry Rice and his numbers. "The Greatest player ever to play the game" Right? sure you have heard it time and time again and their proof? Numbers, stats. So you swallow it hook line and sinker without dissecting the real reasons for Rice's success. Then you take Joe Montana. The greatest QB ever Right? However in this case we do not apply the same formula for heaping upon him the greatest ever label, (that is numbers or stats) it seems when comparing Montana to other great QB's that have played the game the same characteristics that denote Rice as the greatest player ever are ignored. Also any number associated with Montana such as 4 superbowls is greater then the same number associated with another player. Such as Terry Bradshaw's lesser 4 superbowls or Otto Grahams lesser little 7 world championships. Of course one has to dig to find out why the media decided that Favre (which reminds me how do you get Farve out of Favre) has been selected as one who will reap the ass kissing of the media and once again the usual suspects are found. Yep, the whiners. You see since Holmgrun came from the bay area and SF, and since Steve Marriucchi was a QB coach in Green Bay before he was a whiner head coach, how can the media pass on an opportunity to plant their lips on a player that can ultimately be traced back to S.F.? They can't because they ultimately want you to believe that Bill Walsh is behind everything great in football (notwithstanding he is the one who ruined the game with his dink dink dink offense) and kiss his ass for now and until ever more. Bud Grant said this of Walsh. "He had a P.R. department to put his stuff out. He knew the value of a P.R. department. We were throwing short passes to forman in the flat long before Walsh ever got into the business of doing it. So does it bother me? No. If it represented dollars it would bother me but it represents ego. Dollars I could use more of but ego I don't need any more of."
    In sum: Don't be upset with Augusta's take on Favre compared to Bulger just remember he is mearly a victim of the medias continuing allegiance to certain players that they can subliminaly trace back to a certain team and a certain coach who ruined the game.
    Last edited by RamTime; -12-09-2004 at 07:49 PM.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Admittedly being in no position to evaluate the level of pain Bulger is experiencing, I will say that I am amazed that with the amount of hits he has taken, he has lasted as long as he has this season.

That alone puts to rest any question I might have regarding Bulger's toughness.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

I just asked the question. He has taken a lot of hits, some his fault and some not. I was just wondering if the game was on the line if he could help the team.

It's amazing how a simple question can reduce steadfast Bulgerites to sawdust. Imagine that!

Just like Bulger!

Yodude is offline Registered User

It's amazing how a simple question can reduce steadfast Bulgerites to sawdust
    If you're referring to me with that statement, I say.....

Bite your tongue dude...
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    I just asked the question. He has taken a lot of hits, some his fault and some not. I was just wondering if the game was on the line if he could help the team.

It's amazing how a simple question can reduce steadfast Bulgerites to sawdust. Imagine that!

Just like Bulger!
    Do you even believe what you're posting?

lakerams Guest

watch, after the season is over we will find out that Bulger has a torn rotator cuff or something like that and some posters like the guy who started this thread will have to swallow their tongue.

I am not a staunch Bulger supporter, as many of you know, but that guy is tough. for his build and the way Martz calls games, the one thing anyone can't question about Bulger is his toughness.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

With the "Swiss Cheese" O-line we have this year, (it looks like it's full of holes) Bulger has taken more than his share of hard hits. It seems like he gets disgusted with himself for not moving fast enough to get out of the way, dusts himself off, and gets right back into the game. Some of the hits were hard enough to make a lesser QB run crying for his mommy....but Bulger kept on going, and going, just like that dadburned bunny. I think this last hit had to be enough to make him stop and realize that he had a choice: Does he keep on playing, possibly causing permanent damage, leading his team into the sewer because he was too proud to admit he was hurt; or does he admit he is in pain, cannot play at his full potential, and let someone in better health (but almost as old as dirt) come in and give the team a chance to keep on reaching for the playoffs?
    I think that the way Martz is backing up Bulger, had he been told by Bulger that the injuries were insignificant, would have kept Bulger in the game. Bulger admitting he couldn't perform and wouldn't be able to lead the team because he was hurt is a sign of being tough enough to admit his weaknesses. To me, this is an indication that the boy is maturing into someone worthy of the name "Ram".

elAcky Guest

the thing i like most about Bulger is his smarts... with peppers on williams this weekend i would call a time out also

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    the thing i like most about Bulger is his smarts... with peppers on williams this weekend i would call a time out also
    I thought Sapaia was starting this week?

elAcky Guest

I thought Sapaia was starting this week?
    does it matter ?

Well, if he has had a season ending injury, then that is a somewhat different matter.

The post was an effort to see if the Clan thought Bulger had some toughness. Last year he did well against lesser defensive units and this year there are few low intensity D's on the schedule. Carolina's D unit will make the QBs job this week particularly tough.

If - I say if Bulger is back next week, I will wonder if 7 days more rest was the real issue.

Don't take every "peeking or poking" post as an attack on Bulger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast