throwback week

Dominating D Guest

Questions for the Clan?

Draft: 1994 - 2nd round (4th pick) by the Los Angeles Rams

Looks like Isaac Bruce may have played his final game. Too bad it was as a whinner but thats the bizz.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you think Isaac Bruce is a Hall of Famer?

2. What is your favorite Isaac Bruce moment?

My response

A couple of years ago my response would have been no. The reason I changed my mind is they finally allowed Art Monk in. Now that he's in Bruce has a good change IMHO.

The Superbowl catch was amazing and the Rams never needed Bruce more and he came up with the big play in the big game. Never understood why everyone called Torry Big Game cause I always thought that title should have been given to Faulk or Bruce not Torry.

Go Rams

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: Questions for the Clan?

I think there is no question Bruce is a Hall of Fame WR, even a few seasons ago. As far as comparison to Monk, Bruce in his prime was so much better than Monk they don't even belong in the same conversation.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Draft: 1994 - 2nd round (4th pick) by the Los Angeles Rams

Looks like Isaac Bruce may have played his final game. Too bad it was as a whinner but thats the bizz.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you think Isaac Bruce is a Hall of Famer?

2. What is your favorite Isaac Bruce moment?

My response

A couple of years ago my response would have been no. The reason I changed my mind is they finally allowed Art Monk in. Now that he's in Bruce has a good change IMHO.

The Superbowl catch was amazing and the Rams never needed Bruce more and he came up with the big play in the big game. Never understood why everyone called Torry Big Game cause I always thought that title should have been given to Faulk or Bruce not Torry.

Go Rams
    Bruce is a Hall Of Famer, no question in my mind,the super bowl catch is the greatest moment for me with the td catch against the vikings in the first playoff game a close second, and I believe that Holt gave himself that nickname Big Game.
    heres a thought on Bruce,the niners are not going to bring him back so the Rams sign him for I game and introduce him with the offensive starters and can you imagine how crazy the dome will go with Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce,then if it were up to me I would let him start,throw him a pass and then take him out to the largest standing ovation the dome has ever seen,he deserves it and the fans deserve to send him into retirement that way.The Rams should make this happen.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

1. By any objective measure, he is a Hall of Famer. He is currently ranked 5th all-time in receptions, 2nd in receiving yards, and 9th in receiving TDs. He also has a game winning catch in the Super Bowl on his resume. He's accomplished this without ever being the kind of "Diva" that is all too common to the WR position. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee he will be elected, but he definitely should be.

2. The Super Bowl TD is the obvious answer, but I'd go with his performance in Week 4 against the Niners in 1999. He scored 4 TDs as the Rams finally beat the Niners after years of being dominated. Great game and a great performance.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    I think there is no question Bruce is a Hall of Fame WR, even a few seasons ago. As far as comparison to Monk, Bruce in his prime was so much better than Monk they don't even belong in the same conversation.

Stats are very similar. Monk played in an ERA that and team that loved to run in the power formation and throw only when they had too.

Art Monk
    16 years

Rec 940
    YDS 12,721
    AVG 13.5
    TD's 68

Isaac Bruce
    16 years

Rec 1,024
    YDS 15,208
    AVG 14.9
    TD's 91

the obvious difference to me is the TD's. But with Riggins I can see how Monk probably did not see the ball in the Red Zone.

Go Rams

39thebeast is offline Registered User

First Ballot IMO. He was the anti Diva before Andre Johnson was

eldfan is offline Registered User

Yes he is a HOF but it may take some time kinda like Jack Youngblood in term of the wait time.

I know it obvious but the Super Bowl catch when you make a play like that in the biggest game of his life and gave the rams there only Super Bowl win.
    :ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Bruce is a Hall Of Famer, no question in my mind,the super bowl catch is the greatest moment for me with the td catch against the vikings in the first playoff game a close second, and I believe that Holt gave himself that nickname Big Game.
    heres a thought on Bruce,the niners are not going to bring him back so the Rams sign him for I game and introduce him with the offensive starters and can you imagine how crazy the dome will go with Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce,then if it were up to me I would let him start,throw him a pass and then take him out to the largest standing ovation the dome has ever seen,he deserves it and the fans deserve to send him into retirement that way.The Rams should make this happen.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with every word here.