QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Quick poll on steven jackson for trade.

If we can get a third round pick, would you be fine with Steven Jackson leaving by tomorrow?

Haste is offline Registered User

Re: Quick poll on steven jackson for trade.

Yes. But not likely to happen. We have no leverage for a 3rd. Maybe a 4th/5th

We should see if GB will do SJ39 for Jennings straight up in a sign and trade for both sides or trade for Bowe.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If Jackson requests it I would do it for his years of service but in general...

I don't like trading a known, proven talent for a hope and a prayer.

Even if Richardson starts to get the majority of the carries I still think SJax can make the team better in a limited role.

Besides if we can't improve next year with 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick and free agency... not sure another 3rd rounder is going to be of much help. : )

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    If Jackson requests it I would do it for his years of service but in general...

I don't like trading a known, proven talent for a hope and a prayer.

Even if Richardson starts to get the majority of the carries I still think SJax can make the team better in a limited role.

Besides if we can't improve next year with 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick and free agency... not sure another 3rd rounder is going to be of much help. : )
    Its not the fact that we expect the 3rd round pick to be the next Tom Brady, but its better to get something rather than nothing. And the great talent evaluators find great starters in the 3rd!

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I hear you Sosa and I wouldn't be pissed if they did it but I am just of the opinion a dart board or a dog can draft with as much success as most NFL draft gurus. : )

Truth is offline Registered User

The only way I'd be happy with a trade that brought us a draft pick would be if SJ went to a team that had a chance to win a SB. He deserves that chance. Other than that, If we trade SJ, a proven back, with a couple of years left in the tank, I want a proven player in return.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

supachump is offline Registered User

I'd take a fourth. If offered, it is either that or we get nothing from him. Except another half season of him mostly sitting on the sidelines.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Haven't the Rams said that they are not trading Jackson?

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

It's a moot point now, but I would've taken a 5th, considering what Jackson will do for us in the last 8 Ram games of his career. His age, his salary, and the fact it was our last chance to get something in return for him.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I have a funny feeling that we're going to re-sign him next year so he can finish up here.

THE DREAM TEAM

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I am in favor of Steven Jackson finishing out this season with the St. Louis Rams- regardless of what pick we could get for him. There is just something wrong about unloading the one guy who has been here through all the garbage over the past 8 seasons. It's not the right way for him to go out. One extra late round pick isn't gonna' make or break us, especially with all the picks we obtained in the RGIII deal.

The only exception I'd make is if Jackson himself went to management and wanted out. And that's not gonna' happen.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I am in favor of Steven Jackson finishing out this season with the St. Louis Rams- regardless of what pick we could get for him. There is just something wrong about unloading the one guy who has been here through all the garbage over the past 8 seasons. It's not the right way for him to go out. One extra late round pick isn't gonna' make or break us, especially with all the picks we obtained in the RGIII deal.

The only exception I'd make is if Jackson himself went to management and wanted out. And that's not gonna' happen.
    First glad to hear you are safe NJ hope things get back to normal for you soon.

From what I understand SJ went to management and wanted an extension and that was before camp. As we all know now they did not extend him but will let him void his contract next year.

I think SJ will be in control for the most part. He can test the market and see what kind of deal he can get. He will be able to see if a contender wants to sign him. He can also see what kind of progress the Rams have made and consider if they have a real shot at making the playoffs, and resign with them.

It's the last option resigning with the Rams that can get messy. It will be about money and how long of a deal he wants. Then it a matter of do the Rams really want him back. If he says he wants to finish a Ram and the Rams don't want him back. That will be the black eye the organization is hoping to avoid.

I don't have a clue what will happen next year. My gut tells me the Rams want to move on and hopes he gets a deal with a playoff bound team and makes the move on his own.

That makes it nice and clean.

But as we know these things never work out nice and clean.