HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quick results for the rookies

So, for those who enjoy quick turn arounds on their investments, here's a quick look at our rookies so far:

Tye Hill - 5 tackles, 1 int.
    Joe Klop - 2 rec., 34 yards
    Claude Wroten - 1 tackle
    Jon Alston - inactive
    Dom Byrd - inactive
    Vic Adeyanju - 7 tackles
    Mark Setterstrom - inactive

Marques Hagan - PS
    Tim McGariagle - PS

Not bad for three games in. Pleased with Hill and Adeyanju certainly. Had hoped (though not expected) a little more from Klop and Wroten, but they're on the field, and that's about all you can wish for at this point in the season.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Quick results for the rookies

is alston going to be on the inactive list the whole year because i want to see what the kid has

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    is alston going to be on the inactive list the whole year because i want to see what the kid has
    I don't think anyone, including the coaches, know who will be inactive the entire season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Thanks HUb, useful summary. I'd like to see more of Wroten in particular given the 'steal/risk' tag he was given coming out of the draft. I'm mildly surprised that Klop hasn't got his hands on the football more, but that's probably just a reflection of the offensive issues we've been having.

Country Guest

Do you think that Alston being inactive could have anything to do with them thinking about them moving him to SS instead of leaving him at OLB?

Defensewinsthegames Guest

The author of this thread pointed out that a lot of contribution has been from some of the rookies. Of those rookies its the defensive ones who are making a lot of the plays. I honestly believe that is the reason we are having so much success on defense, well along with Haslett and the subtraction of Marmie.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Defensewinsthegames View Post
    The author of this thread pointed out that a lot of contribution has been from some of the rookies. Of those rookies its the defensive ones who are making a lot of the plays. I honestly believe that is the reason we are having so much success on defense, well along with Haslett and the subtraction of Marmie.
    I will completely agree that the off-season acquisitions were ginormous for this defense. Spoon, Glover, Chavous, Brown.....all have been huge. Add to that solid rookie efforts so far from Hill and Vic and it would appear to be a successful (thus far) offseason on the D.

And, oh yea, that Haslett instead of Marmie concept helps too.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod