Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Quick Thoughts about the Miami game

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Quick Thoughts about the Miami game

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Great, so 294 yards of total offense, and only six points to show for it. In a three point game, the difference between touchdowns and field goals is crucial. Yards don't show up on the scoreboard.

Sure, we can point to any number of things that, had they gone differently, could have changed the result of the game. In a point with such a slim margin of victory, that's usually the case. But Sam is among those things one can point to, especially on the first two drives of the game.

On the first drive, on a manageable 3rd & 5, he took an unnecessary sack to end any hope of a touchdown. On the following drive, from the Miami 11 yard line, Sam was 0-for-3 in positive yard plays due to his passing and decision making.

He also had some great moments in the first half as well. His pass to Kendricks on 2nd & 20 was as good as you're going to see. He had a great 20+ yard run the drive before that as well that showed good awareness of the situation.

So, some good combined with some bad equals decent to me.
    I guess when you watch games like this on Sat: Mountaineers' QB racks up 656 yards, 8 TDs in wild win

It must be hard to watch Sam on Sunday
    Nick likes this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I guess when you watch games like this on Sat: Mountaineers' QB racks up 656 yards, 8 TDs in wild win

It must be hard to watch Sam on Sunday
    True, but just about anything would have topped what the Mountaineers did yesterday against Texas Tech...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I was there in person. Completely disappointing to go to another Rams game and experience yet another loss. Can't tell you when the last time I got to see a win in the flesh. The discouraging thing about today is that we completely outplayed them for much of the game- drove down the field at will, hit a couple of big plays, got guys like Richardson and Givens involved- yet couldn't finish. Abysmal red zone offense. Hell, even our touchdown was by the slimmest of inches and necessitated replay.

Someone expressed the sentiment that at 3-3 we should be happy. Well, I'm happy about the direction we're headed, but I am certainly NOT happy about today, because this game was there for the taking. And with games vs. Green bay, SF and NE on the horizon, today was important. We lost to an inferior opponent, in my opinion. We also forced zero turnovers and committed 11 penalties. That will get you beat most weekends.

Zeurlein showed he is human, as was inevitable with the praise that's been heaped on him for weeks. The missed 37 yarder hurt. Jenkins has talent but makes questionable decisions and mistakes in what seems like every game. Today, he muffed a punt, danced around way too much on returns and made the killer defensive mistake of the day in letting a receiver get behind him for a touchdown- the guy was open by 15 yards. He's gotta clean this up, because all the electrifying talent in the world doesn't mean anything if you can't be a sound tackler and cover guys like a blanket.

Bradford played well. He mixed it around nicely and threw a good ball all afternoon- no small task because it was windy and showered periodically. We did a nice job defensively save for Jenkins' error on coverage and the Dolphins drive to open the 2nd half. The offensive line was decent- I don't think you're gonna' get much more from them most games than what you got today.

Gotta' say that Dolphins fans were probably the most polite and enjoyable fans I've dealt with at an opposing team's venue. Some even complimented my Jack Youngblood jersey. And there were A LOT of people there wearing Rams jerseys.

In sum, an exercise in frustration in that we won the statistical battle handily but lost the one stat that matters and that's the final score.
    Nick and Tampa_Ram like this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Has it been confirmed by the coaching staff that it was Jenkins error on the TD? Looked like he was playing cover 2 zone, so had the flats, expecting a receiver to come into the zone. He let the receiver go deep, but the safety was nowhere to be seen. Is that Jenkins or Dahl who was at fault?

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Jenkins said in a post game interview it was his fault in so many words.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Fair enough! I couldn't tell from the game. I have noticed that often the fault is placed on the respective CB, even though it may not be their fault

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12