Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: Quinn, J. Long, Austin Among Pro Bowl Leaders

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quinn, J. Long, Austin Among Pro Bowl Leaders

Quinn, J. Long, Austin among Pro Bowl vote leaders

14 hours ago • By Jim Thomas jthomas@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8197

With just two weeks left in fan balloting, three Rams are among the leaders at their position for the Pro Bowl.

At defensive end Robert Quinn ranks third with 281,679 votes, trailing only J.J. Watt of Houston (329,766) and Mario Williams of Buffalo (287,486).

At offensive tackle, Jake Long is fifth with 132,745 votes, behind Branden Albert of Kansas City (189,159), Joe Staley of San Francisco (167,233), Joe Thomas of Cleveland (145,141), and Chris Clark of Denver (140,663).

In the punt returner category, Tavon Austin is sixth with 79,722 votes. He trails Devin Hester of Chicago (193,348), Trindon Holliday of Denver (157,967) Dwayne Harris of Dallas (115,356), Golden Tate of Seattle (91,045), and Cordarrelle Patterson of Minnesota (85,529).

Interestingly, Rams punter Johnny Hekker doesn’t rank among the top 10 vote-getters even though he leads the league in net punting at 43.9 yards per kick.

Fans can vote through Dec. 26 at NFL.com - Pro Bowl Ballot.

AUSTIN IN BOOT

For the second day in a row, wide receiver/return man Tavon Austin (ankle) did not practice. In fact, he was wearing a walking boot to support his left ankle on Thursday. Austin suffered the injury on a 56-yard end-around late in the third quarter of last Sunday’s 30-10 loss at Arizona.

On Monday, coach Jeff Fisher described Austin’s status as day-to-day.

In addition, cornerback Janoris Jenkins (back) missed his second consecutive practice of the week. If neither player practices today, the last full-scale practice of the week, it’s doubtful that either will play Sunday against New Orleans.

The Rams are thin already at cornerback, and will need all hands on deck for quarterback Drew Brees and the high-powered New Orleans passing attack.

Also not practicing Thursday were RB Daryl Richardson (thigh) and RG Harvey Dahl (knee). Dahl wasn’t listed on Wednesday’s injury report, but had missed four games with a knee injury prior to returning against the Cardinals.

But rookie CB Brandon McGree (foot) was full participation Thursday after sitting out on Wednesday.

Among the names on New Orleans’ injury report, rookie Terron Armstead (nose), a reserve offensive tackle from Cahokia High, was full participation after missing Wednesday’s practice. Starting DT Brodrick Bunkley (back) practiced on a limited basis Thursday after sitting out on Wednesday.

BAILEY’S TURN

Which Rams wide receiver has the most catches for the most yards over the past two weeks? Surprise — it’s rookie Stedman Bailey, with six catches for 92 yards combined against San Francisco and Arizona.

It has taken Bailey a while to establish a foothold among the wide receiver corps, but he’s playing more each week and showing rapid progress.

“I think you see a guy very, very confident, comfortable,” offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said. “Makes a lot of plays. Love his practice demeanor, the way he’s playing out here. It’s been fun to watch him kind of grow and, obviously, I think he’s a special talent.”

Bailey took part in a season-high 28 plays against the Cardinals, and could see an even bigger workload this week against New Orleans due to Austin’s ankle injury.

PAYTON NOMINEE

Rams defensive end William Hayes is the Rams’ nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year. The award is based on community service, charity work, and excellence on the field. All 32 teams name a Payton nominee, and three finalists are honored during Super Bowl week. The winner is named on Saturday, Feb. 1, or the day before this year’s game.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Re: Quinn, J. Long, Austin Among Pro Bowl Leaders

I said it when I saw his first NFL reception V's Seattle and Ill say it again.....

Steadman Bailey is going to be special..........

Maybe even Holt/Bruce special...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    I said it when I saw his first NFL reception V's Seattle and Ill say it again.....

He's definitely the most polished/precise looking Rams WR. He's doing everything right.
    MauiRam likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post

He has impressed me with his ability to CATCH what is thrown to him. He runs crisply out there and looks to be where he is suppose to be. I sincerely hope you are right