throwback week



Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,707
    Rep Power
    145

    This race will define Tony Stewart

    I hate to say it but I have too. If he's not close or near close to winning this weekend's race in Charlotte,,, I have to look at Tony Stewart as not the person to take his team in the right direction.

    And the fact that his vehicle is a 1.0 liter, 70-hp smartcar and not a chevy pushing a 358-cu. in., 750-hp engine is irrelevant.

    That shouldn't matter. If he is the driver that his team needs to win, he will find a way to put that smartcar out in front. I mean this is NASCAR!

    If he can't win behind the wheel of that smartcar, then his team needs to go find a driver who can. No excuses!

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #2
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Nice

  3. #3
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,707
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    A primer for the above metaphor:

    Tony Stewart = Spags
    1.0 L, 70-hp Smartcar = the Rams
    358 cu. in., 750-hp Chevy = competitive NFL teams

    Yes, I'm sure most of you don't need this primer, but there will be one or two who don't get the relation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #4
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    The truth is that we should trade for Ricky Martin and replace Tony Stewart before the race even begins.

  5. #5
    1980RAMS's Avatar
    1980RAMS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Does he play WR...haahaha...

  6. #6
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I hate to say it but I have too. If he's not close or near close to winning this weekend's race in Charlotte,,, I have to look at Tony Stewart as not the person to take his team in the right direction.

    And the fact that his vehicle is a 1.0 liter, 70-hp smartcar and not a chevy pushing a 358-cu. in., 750-hp engine is irrelevant.

    That shouldn't matter. If he is the driver that his team needs to win, he will find a way to put that smartcar out in front. I mean this is NASCAR!

    If he can't win behind the wheel of that smartcar, then his team needs to go find a driver who can. No excuses!
    How long are you willing to wait? 20 years? Nascar and football? Really. Sorry buddy, it does not compare. Try again.
    Last edited by BEER; -10-15-2010 at 04:17 PM.

  7. #7
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,707
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    How long are you willing to wait? 20 years? Nascar and football? Really. Sorry buddy, it does not compare. Try again.
    It's a metaphor, not a comparison.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  8. #8
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A primer for the above metaphor:

    Tony Stewart = Spags
    1.0 L, 70-hp Smartcar = the Rams
    358 cu. in., 750-hp Chevy = competitive NFL teams

    Yes, I'm sure most of you don't need this primer, but there will be one or two who don't get the relation.
    Nice analogy. Problem is, given the mindset of the intended recipient(s),

    it may still be for naught.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  9. #9
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    It's a metaphor, not a comparison.
    I thought it was sarcasm. LOl..

  10. #10
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,707
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Nice analogy. Problem is, given the mindset of the intended recipient(s),

    it may still be for naught.
    It appears you're right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #11
    mikhal5569's Avatar
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Yeah but hub, isn't the only entertaining part of a race is when a car crashes?

  12. #12
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,707
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Yeah but hub, isn't the only entertaining part of a race is when a car crashes?
    And, I would swear that, for some, the same is true here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #13
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And, I would swear that, for some, the same is true here.
    LMAO......ziiiiinnnngggg

  14. #14
    mikhal5569's Avatar
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And, I would swear that, for some, the same is true here.
    Well, that was basically my point. Also, I think the crash may have already happened last week. Now let's see how far he can drive before that trail of gasoline catches up to him. Kind of like one of those old Looney Toon cartoons with Yosemite Sam carrying along a powder keg with a hole in the bottom of it and Bugs Bunny lighting the end on trail on fire with a old wooden match.

    By the way, who in the hell is Tony Stewart?
    Last edited by mikhal5569; -10-15-2010 at 08:12 PM.

  15. #15
    NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,468
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: This race will define Tony Stewart

    ...And as a HUGE Tony Stewart fan, I can tell you he can drive ANYTHING successfully, so I wouldn't doubt his ability to win that race with a 1.0 liter car smartcar.

    Poor metaphor, HUbison- you ought to be ashamed of yourself...lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Tony Dungy: Quiet Strength
    By ramsanddodgers in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: -06-16-2006, 10:48 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. Fox Nascar Stewart wins crash-filled Busch race
    By Clan-Robot in forum OTHER SPORTS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-20-2006, 01:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •