Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Raise your hands.....how many of you expected to be 4-2

Honestly, how many of you expected us to be 4-2 going into the bye week?

Let's look at the positives, we are still 4-2, our offense is looking much better and more in sync. We hung with (and almost beat) the NFC champs down to the last second FG. Spoon and Chavous have been great additions. We aren't turning the ball over as much as we used to which keeps us in every game. Turk has been great. Jackson has been the man, and Bulger, Holt, and Bruce have been well.....Bulger, Holt, and Bruce. We are actually using a TE in the passing game and Klop is coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Raise your hands.....how many of you expected to be 4-2

Great points, RB. I certainly don't think I had us at 4-2 at this point in the season, so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Great points, RB. I certainly don't think I had us at 4-2 at this point in the season, so I'll take it.
    I know I didn't after what I saw last year, and knowing that a whole new staff and system would be coming in with growing pains. The growing pains are still there but they aren't as big as I thought they would be at this point of the season. Let's keep building on it. :l
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I think that 4-2 exceeds reasonable expectations considering hwo we looked last year, new teammates, and a new system all around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Great point you're making here rb. I'll take 4-2 and be pleasantly surprised. It's at least one game better than I would have expected at this stage.

RealRam is offline Registered User

4-2 and, honestly, t-h-i-s close to 5-1! :r

sunflame is offline Registered User

I dont like to be a "exceeds reasonable expectations team"... And if you think 4-2 is good, but look at this note, we are 0-2 in our Division so that is not something to be happy about.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I totally expected to be 4 and 2 at this point, however, I expected our losses to be to Denver and Seattle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I have been quoted many times at season's start saying that I thought this team would be 3-3 at the bye. The wins and loses didn't exactly pan out exactly the way I thought they would, but I thought we'd win three. So, I can deal with 4-2. However, after the fact, it's hard to swallow a defeat like the one today, because it was ours to win, but it is what it is, and we are what we are. I also believed before the season started that we were a 8-8 team, plus or minus a game either way. I still believe that, but I see some positive things that make me want to believe we're more on the "plus" side of that 8-8 season.

Football is such a great game. You never know what you're gonna get. This season is a perfect example. The Rams could just as easily be 5-0 right now, or with a few breaks the other way, we could be 0-5. Not one game has been decisive, but every one has been hard fought to the end and we've been competitive in every one. I wasn't so sure we would be before the season began. I heard Chris Mortensen say something today that pretty much says it all. "The road to the Superbowl is under construction." Think about that. Circumstances change each week and you never know how it will all pan out. Before the season started, I thought the Rams would be 3-3, and looking at a stretch of 4 very difficult games after the bye that could very well put us at 3-7, or 4-6. But the road is under construction and some teams I feared we would not beat, are not playing up to expectations. San Diego will be difficult, especially on the road, KC is now very beatable at our home. We get a rematch with the Hawks and believe me, they now know the Rams are a team on the rise. They know they'll have to bring it to win. Carolina was a game I didn't think we could win before the season started, but now? We get another shot at the Whiners and Cards before we have to face a very scary looking Bears team on MNF. The Raiders are a team you just have to beat, and Washington and Minnesota are games we can win.

So, 4-2 is pretty good, and as the season plays out, you just never know...
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by sunflame View Post
    I dont like to be a "exceeds reasonable expectations team"... And if you think 4-2 is good, but look at this note, we are 0-2 in our Division so that is not something to be happy about.
    Well this thread is about the positives, and also we are not 0-2 in our division, we are 1-2.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sunflame View Post
    Actually, I thought we won the Cardinal game, so that would make us 1-2 in our division, and 3-2 in the conference, wouldn't it? ...and, 4-2 IS good. It's not AS good as 5-1, but division record only applies in a tie-breaker for a playoff spot if we're tied with the Hawks at seasons end. We'll probably need some help there, for sure, but the game that really may cost us was the Whiner game. :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RealRam is offline Registered User

That's right, RamB, this one is about the positives (1-2 in Div. included). Allow me then to repeat my observation:

4-2 and, honestly, t-h-i-s close to 5-1!

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

I expected you guys to be 3-3 at this point, with Denver being a loss instead of a win. The early offensive struggles were a surprise, as was the defense carrying the team through some of those wins.

ramsbruce, what were you expecting the Rams record to be?

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Well , Well its nice to be home again I've been in hospital for some time but you can't keep an old ram down for too long , I WAS ABLE TO SEE THE GAME TODAY !!! it was great to see our team play ... I have not been able to that for awhile , this one was very hard to watch toward the end of the game , I have to say I'm very proud of the way we came back ... DO NOT LOSE HOPE as we have a long way to go , I know this one we really wanted bad all us did ... things are being handled and we will go on and win ... I'm sorry for not being here for a while but times had almost come to an end for me but the lord had other plans as i did and that was to see our Rams play and win , today was not that day but we will bounce back as i have done , I'm not out the woods but I'm home and I'm here with you my Rams family and saw our boys play win or lose I thank god for all of you here and our Rams it really helped me thru the things I have gone thru and the things I will have to thru yet but WE are here now and thats what counts "GO! RAMS!"
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -10-15-2006 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    I expected you guys to be 3-3 at this point, with Denver being a loss instead of a win. The early offensive struggles were a surprise, as was the defense carrying the team through some of those wins.

ramsbruce, what were you expecting the Rams record to be?
    Well when I looked at the schedule, like you I figured 3-3 at best, and possibly 2-4. I didn't think we would beat Denver. We had 3 road games vs the 9ers, Cards, and Pack. Recently we haven't played well on the road so I figured at least one road loss, I wasn't sure who, in my mind it was probably the Cards and not the 9ers, but you beat us straight up. So losses to Denver, Seattle and one of the road games in my mind put us at 3-3 going into the bye when I thought about it at the end of the pre-season.

Things have come together a bit faster than I thought with all of the changes to the staff and players. There is still a lot of work to do, but it seems to be coming together.

That's why they play the games, and I will take 4-2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast