Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    norcalramfan Guest

Re: Raise your hands.....how many of you expected to be 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I have been quoted many times at season's start saying that I thought this team would be 3-3 at the bye. The wins and loses didn't exactly pan out exactly the way I thought they would, but I thought we'd win three. So, I can deal with 4-2. However, after the fact, it's hard to swallow a defeat like the one today, because it was ours to win, but it is what it is, and we are what we are. I also believed before the season started that we were a 8-8 team, plus or minus a game either way. I still believe that, but I see some positive things that make me want to believe we're more on the "plus" side of that 8-8 season.

Football is such a great game. You never know what you're gonna get. This season is a perfect example. The Rams could just as easily be 5-0 right now, or with a few breaks the other way, we could be 0-5. Not one game has been decisive, but every one has been hard fought to the end and we've been competitive in every one. I wasn't so sure we would be before the season began. I heard Chris Mortensen say something today that pretty much says it all. "The road to the Superbowl is under construction." Think about that. Circumstances change each week and you never know how it will all pan out. Before the season started, I thought the Rams would be 3-3, and looking at a stretch of 4 very difficult games after the bye that could very well put us at 3-7, or 4-6. But the road is under construction and some teams I feared we would not beat, are not playing up to expectations. San Diego will be difficult, especially on the road, KC is now very beatable at our home. We get a rematch with the Hawks and believe me, they now know the Rams are a team on the rise. They know they'll have to bring it to win. Carolina was a game I didn't think we could win before the season started, but now? We get another shot at the Whiners and Cards before we have to face a very scary looking Bears team on MNF. The Raiders are a team you just have to beat, and Washington and Minnesota are games we can win.

So, 4-2 is pretty good, and as the season plays out, you just never know...
    All great points and the real kicker is even the bears are showing that on any given sunday or monday you can have youre head handed to you by a subpar team!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by norcalramfan View Post
    All great points and the real kicker is even the bears are showing that on any given sunday or monday you can have youre head handed to you by a subpar team!
    Thanks. I thought the analogy worked better than; "football is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get". But that works too.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by norcalramfan View Post
    Then again, you have to wait until the clock hits zero in the 4th quarter before assuming the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

norcalramfan Guest

I stand corrected on the premise that i assumed at half time when i posted that thread that it was adone deal. But! the bears showed that they have flaws and are not the remake of the 85 bears. In the words of schwartzennegger " IF it bleeds we can kill it"..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123